Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:50 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,424,675 times

Advertisements

Romney praises health care in Israel, where research says ‘strong government influence’ has driven down costs

Good thing the Israeli healthcare system is like Romney/Obamacare on steroids....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 02:54 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,084 times
Romney thinks it's great that every Israeli gets health care but is absolutely against his fellow American's getting it..... Moron!

Old 07-30-2012, 02:55 PM

441 posts, read 501,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
Romney praises health care in Israel, where research says ‘strong government influence’ has driven down costs

Good thing the Israeli healthcare system is like Romney/Obamacare on steroids....
... and, hmm, who finances Israel's universal healthcare? Would it be the U.S. taxpayer??

Though will the U.S. taxpayer be able to afford offering Israel universal healthcare if we have to also finance their war against Iran?

Maybe Mitt the Twit can finance it himself!

Old 07-30-2012, 02:55 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,507,843 times
Willard is such a tool.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:08 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
How is well the Dr. paid in Israel?

Old 07-30-2012, 03:21 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,424,675 times
I'm noticing how this thread is so toxic looking to all of the right-wingers on here, and I'm laughing hysterically.

So Romney supporters.... how do you honestly live with yourselves supporting someone who you think will get rid of Romney/Obamacare... who says he will... when he authored it in the first place and now praises a stronger version of it that is in place overseas?

Old 07-30-2012, 03:27 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,718,922 times
Poor Liberals.......you don't READ that closely do you?

I will reply to this thread the same as I replied in the duplicate thread in the Election Forum

-------------------------------------------------------------

LOL.....reading the linked story, the author (of this blog post) makes a HUGE leap when she says Romney says he favors their way.

The ONLY thing directly quoting what Romney said that pertains to that is: "We have to find ways, not just to provide health care to more people, but to find ways to finally manage our health care costs."

Sounds pretty standard to me!!!

THEN, the author goes on to CLAIM that the way they do it is through strict government control.

Perhaps that is the way they do it, but Romney doesn't say he endorses doing that in the USA at all anywhere in the article.

Furthermore, Israel's population is miniscule in comparison. I don't know of any Republican who doesn't think that health care could use some tweaking to make it better. And ONE way would be for government to allow insurance to be sold across State lines. That's government control (regulation) too.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:43 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,264,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Poor Liberals.......you don't READ that closely do you?

I will reply to this thread the same as I replied in the duplicate thread in the Election Forum

-------------------------------------------------------------

LOL.....reading the linked story, the author (of this blog post) makes a HUGE leap when she says Romney says he favors their way.

The ONLY thing directly quoting what Romney said that pertains to that is: "We have to find ways, not just to provide health care to more people, but to find ways to finally manage our health care costs."

Sounds pretty standard to me!!!

THEN, the author goes on to CLAIM that the way they do it is through strict government control.

Perhaps that is the way they do it, but Romney doesn't say he endorses doing that in the USA at all anywhere in the article.

Furthermore, Israel's population is miniscule in comparison. I don't know of any Republican who doesn't think that health care could use some tweaking to make it better. And ONE way would be for government to allow insurance to be sold across State lines. That's government control (regulation) too.

This would only work if states had similar standards for what is covered in policies. Otherwise what would happen is you would get some state like north dakota to write extremely insurance-company friendly regulations for health-insurance policy and all insurers would flood there to set up shop and be able to service the whole country with less-than-optimal coverage.

If every state had the same standards as to what is required to be covered in policies issued in that state, then sure selling insurance across state lines makes perfect sense.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:49 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,718,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
This would only work if states had similar standards for what is covered in policies. Otherwise what would happen is you would get some state like north dakota to write extremely insurance-company friendly regulations for health-insurance policy and all insurers would flood there to set up shop and be able to service the whole country with less-than-optimal coverage.

If every state had the same standards as to what is required to be covered in policies issued in that state, then sure selling insurance across state lines makes perfect sense.

I can agree with that. And THAT would be considered government regulation to which I don't know any conservative that would be against it.

But my main point above is that this "article" from a blogger DEFINITELY has a VERY misleading title and actually NO evidence by way of Romney quotes that supports the idea that he was applauding their government regulations......only that he was applauding their smaller percentage of their GDP spent on health care.

It was very poor journalism to make such a leap from one thing to the other.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:51 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,641,451 times
Quote:
Furthermore, Israel's population is miniscule in comparison.
I don't think that's much of a factor, though - Israel has around 7.8 million people, which is more than 38 states. And yet, if we took each of those 38 states individually and compared their healthcare spending as a percentage of GDP to that of the larger population of Israel, Israel would still win, handily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies