Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 10:40 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,327,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16trillionandcounting View Post
the whole point of the 2nd amendment is to allow the citizens to protect themselves from the government.

Do people even have a friggen clue how the United States was created? Without guns it never could of happened and we would be a british colony........
The whole point of the bill of rights is to give Americans rights.

In a free society any adult should have the right to purchase alcohol.

I guess some people feel that the 2nd amendment is the only right that matters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 11:37 AM

24,908 posts, read 39,374,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Why does the average person in the year 2012 even need to own a gun (yet alone buy one)? The gun laws are in general outdated and not connected to reality.
Recently, at a campground in Northern Arizona, a person was attacked by a Black Bear who had torn thru his tent. The fact that the camper had a firearm and was able to get to it and use it, was the only thing that saved him.

I believe this gentleman would disagree with your statement about "needing" to own a gun.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:20 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,335,530 times
That's why the drinking age should be lowered to 18. You can do anything else, why not be able to drink? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Old 07-21-2012, 02:18 PM

44,070 posts, read 44,876,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Recently, at a campground in Northern Arizona, a person was attacked by a Black Bear who had torn thru his tent. The fact that the camper had a firearm and was able to get to it and use it, was the only thing that saved him.

I believe this gentleman would disagree with your statement about "needing" to own a gun.
Again the average person who lives in a city or town does not need to own a gun. In rural areas perhaps a firearm is useful.

BTW, not everyone who goes camping owns a gun.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:00 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,170,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

Some guns are useless against some bears. Try using a 22 on a Grizzly and let me know how that works out. Bear spray would be more ideal. Works against store robbers too from what I heard

Old 07-21-2012, 04:30 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,493,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
We prefer our 18 year old gun owners not to be armed and drunk.
This is actually funny.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:48 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,374,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
BTW, not everyone who goes camping owns a gun.
Then again, you might be surprised at how many actually DO OWN / Possess a gun

You are responsible for your own protection be it in the woods or in the confines of your own home.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:54 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,545,775 times
On the day you turn 18 you should be able to purchase a firearm, a bag of weed, a 6-pack, and a prostitute's services without legal penalties.

[serious]

Old 07-21-2012, 05:14 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,835,234 times
I look at this entirely different. Keep in mind I have not read one post on this thread. When I was 18 living in Colorado I could buy 3.2 beer and join the military. I joined at 19, Army infantry, at 22 was 19 Delta Special Forces for those Army dudes. I have experience in everything from sabot rounds,anti tank missile systems, to every modern assault rifle known. Though I have strayed from my in your face bad boy past..fights at the bars,aggressive machismo nature that caused me several times behind bars for hitting now ..thinking later I have become much more passive and I attempt to understand fellow humanity, I will be damned if some Hollywood type jerk off is going to hinder my personal choice to bear arms. I took Hunter's Safety at the age of 12 and was firing 45's military long kicks by age of 15. I know that there are bad people out there, but gun's are simply not to blame..real men fight with fists anyway..cowardace gang banger types need to be restrained by superior fire power..waiting on some version of incompetent law enforcement is fossil like thinking. The people that argue vigilante justice is too extreme often have little to no experience with modern weaponry. The cause of violence isn't a trigger as someone stated earlier on a Colorado board..it's intent plain and simple..however HEAVY FIREPOWER is the only way we have to bring down some of these cowards ;quite simply that is all they know how to respond to. We are living in a violent age..I intend on further arming to the teeth, popular liberal gun control views are archaic at best in this modern civilization.
MAKE MY DAY.

Last edited by Scott5280; 07-21-2012 at 05:28 PM..

Old 07-21-2012, 08:52 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,451,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Some guns are useless against some bears. Try using a 22 on a Grizzly and let me know how that works out. Bear spray would be more ideal. Works against store robbers too from what I heard
Maybe a 100 rounds...

http://www.colt22rimfire.com/index.p...olt-m4-carbine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies