Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 01:29 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,999,629 times

Advertisements

For Obama, a jobs report that keeps stinging - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 05:04 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,685,905 times
I would say "historically" very liberal, like back in the Katherine Graham days. I'd hardly call the paper liberal anymore. At least once a day, there's a scathing Obama article. I read that paper everyday and I have to wonder why people claim it to be "liberal" but I think that's a throwback from a different era. It certainly doesn't feel liberal to me anymore.

Old 07-07-2012, 05:17 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,364,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I would say "historically" very liberal, like back in the Katherine Graham days. I'd hardly call the paper liberal anymore. At least once a day, there's a scathing Obama article. I read that paper everyday and I have to wonder why people claim it to be "liberal" but I think that's a throwback from a different era. It certainly doesn't feel liberal to me anymore.
Maybe it's beginnng to own up to the fact that the Great Liberal Fantasy can't survive in a world of realpolitik.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:03 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,685,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Maybe it's beginnng to own up to the fact that the Great Liberal Fantasy can't survive in a world of realpolitik.

It's been fairly mid-line for quite some time now but I guess the liberal name is going to stick forever.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:35 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,629,684 times
Well what can they say? Obama is not helping the economy-he doesn't have any more ideas..( I'm not sure if he had any to begin with). It is what it is....and Obama cannot argue with facts.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:50 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,457,389 times
Quote:
Agreed. The editorial page usually includes opinion pieces from the right. The editorial board of the Post is still liberal, but on whole the reporting is far more "fair and balanced" than the all-but-official mouthpiece of the GOP.

As for this specific article, I wouldn't call it unfavorable - I'd call it an honest assessment. Sadly, "honest" is something we expect less and less from our news outlets, and something we recognize less often when it's right there in front of our eyes.

In other words, rather than making shi* up, the Post reports the facts, and the economy isn't growing the way anyone wants, and the unemployment numbers are still far too high.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:41 AM

59,315 posts, read 27,487,371 times
Quote:
Are you a registered Dem of Repub?

Old 07-07-2012, 09:43 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,314,868 times
Warren buffet owns WaPo .........

Old 07-07-2012, 09:52 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,920,569 times
Wait, wait, wait... The Washington Post is now a liberal paper? BS. The sole reason the Washington Post exists is to print the unverified leaks of belt way insiders mostly because the "leaks" are part of a smear campaign for one side or the other.

Seriously people, why do so many partisans believe "it didn't print what I wanted to hear right now so it must work for the other side!"?

Old 07-07-2012, 09:55 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,308,305 times
Captain obvious says it's because Obama has not ruled very liberally
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies