Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 04:23 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,080,050 times

Advertisements

What we have is a bunch of homes that will be turned into section 8 living quarters. The people the banks just kicked out who don't have anywhere to live go get a voucher and move right back in. Uncle sam deals with cleaning up the mess they leave with our taxdollars and you the new owner get your monthy check from the taxpayers to boot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 07:45 PM

13,875 posts, read 9,815,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Another Obama payback to his chronies. Remember when they would not allow these foreclosed HUD homes to be placed on the market? Well, the taxpayers have been footing the bills for maint. and repairs just in time for the 1% to swoop down and buy up the rental market.
It's all Obama's fault. LOL.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:49 PM

20,947 posts, read 19,120,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
For Billionaires Only: Uncle Sam's Real Estate Fire Sale

“The largest transfer of wealth from the public to private sector is about to begin. The federal government will be bulk-selling the massive portfolio of foreclosed homes now owned by HUD, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to private investors — vulture funds.”

“These homes,” wrote Arnold, “which are now the property of the U.S. government, the U.S. taxpayer, U.S. citizens collectively, are going to be sold to private investor conglomerates at extraordinarily large discounts to real value. You and I will not be allowed to participate. These investors will come from the private-equity and hedge-fund community, Goldman Sachs (GS) and its derivatives, as well as foreign sovereign wealth funds that can bring a billion dollars or more to each transaction.”

Who are some of the other high-rollers lining up for the restricted Fannie/Freddie/HUD fire sale? According to the Wall Street Journal, they include Lewis Ranieri, regarded as “the godfather” of mortgage finance for developing mortgage-backed securities (MBS) and collateralized mortgage obligations (CMOs), the financial weapons of mass destruction that played a key role in the economic meltdown.

And, of course, the power brokers at Goldman Sachs, JP*MorganChase, and Citigroup, who have already reaped billions of taxpayer and investor dollars from the financial havoc they helped cause — as well as from the bailouts that followed — are salivating at the thought of even greater lucre to be made in the newly created homes-for-rent market.

Just doesn't seem right does it?
Thanks Obama!

Old 06-16-2012, 10:01 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,593,349 times
You forgot to thank Barney & Bubba, as well as Jimmy The Peanut Farmer.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:09 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,078,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It's all Obama's fault. LOL.
Perhaps you still haven't learned that government intervention in the free market makes things worse.

Had the housing market been allowed to crash and hit bottom it would have already recovered by now. Instead Obama threw "fix" after "fix", thus artificially supporting prices and inventory, instead of allowing the bubble to burst and recover as the market would support.

Meanwhile, AG-Holder and his assistant Lanny Breuer still haven't convicted any major lenders for mortgage fraud or foreclosure fraud have the? Wonder why?

Clue: previous conflict of interest via their employment at a certain law firm which served same clients.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:50 AM

33,610 posts, read 18,286,361 times
I have been watching the foreclosure market in hard hit Florida for some time. I bought an REO -bank owned foreclosure for 1/3 of what the original mortgage was. It was never lived in.. many people from the North are going down and buying a home. There as so many , thousands because of the building boom.. that the value dropped like a rock and unemployment high because all the families left the homes but new people are moving in.

Some homes were left in bad shape. Anyone that could breath was able to buy a home.. illegals, people from other countries , many without jobs bought homes.. 3 million who bought homes never made the first mortgage payment.

If the wealthy want to buy homes more power to them.. better than thousands of homes rotting away empty.

I would say 90 percent of the homes in the neighborhood where I bought my home went into foreclosure. It was a building boom and most of the homes are fairly new. Some couldn't afford them, some lost their jobs and couldn't keep up with the mortgage payment. Some sat for a while before they went into foreclosure.. others lived in them for up to 4 years without paying a mortgage payment till the banks moved to take the house.

Slowly they are being bought. Some by small investors who fix them up and resell them for a modest profit. I would say the banks are again moving to foreclose. The robo-signing slowed the banks down and now a new wave is coming of more homes.

I know of three families that are partially out of their homes into another home. Two other empty homes and they were build in 2006. One never lived in . One new family from Michigan moved in a few months ago, and are putting in a pool. They bought a 4 bedroom home, over 2000 sq. ft.. new stainless steel appliances , repainted inside and out , all bull nose finished drywall, like new condition and sold for 115 thousand.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:12 PM

33,012 posts, read 27,591,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
These banks are going to turn this country into a nation of renters. This is going to be bad for neighborhoods.

How so?

Old 06-16-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I have been watching the foreclosure market in hard hit Florida for some time. I bought an REO -bank owned foreclosure for 1/3 of what the original mortgage was. It was never lived in.. many people from the North are going down and buying a home. There as so many , thousands because of the building boom.. that the value dropped like a rock and unemployment high because all the families left the homes but new people are moving in.

Some homes were left in bad shape. Anyone that could breath was able to buy a home.. illegals, people from other countries , many without jobs bought homes.. 3 million who bought homes never made the first mortgage payment.

If the wealthy want to buy homes more power to them.. better than thousands of homes rotting away empty.

I would say 90 percent of the homes in the neighborhood where I bought my home went into foreclosure. It was a building boom and most of the homes are fairly new. Some couldn't afford them, some lost their jobs and couldn't keep up with the mortgage payment. Some sat for a while before they went into foreclosure.. others lived in them for up to 4 years without paying a mortgage payment till the banks moved to take the house.

Slowly they are being bought. Some by small investors who fix them up and resell them for a modest profit. I would say the banks are again moving to foreclose. The robo-signing slowed the banks down and now a new wave is coming of more homes.

I know of three families that are partially out of their homes into another home. Two other empty homes and they were build in 2006. One never lived in . One new family from Michigan moved in a few months ago, and are putting in a pool. They bought a 4 bedroom home, over 2000 sq. ft.. new stainless steel appliances , repainted inside and out , all bull nose finished drywall, like new condition and sold for 115 thousand.

Why not hold onto them as affordable rentals? Better than thousands of homes rotting away ampty, and better than cursing and watching helplessly while the wealthy buy them up and jack up the rents.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What we have is a bunch of homes that will be turned into section 8 living quarters. The people the banks just kicked out who don't have anywhere to live go get a voucher and move right back in. Uncle sam deals with cleaning up the mess they leave with our taxdollars and you the new owner get your monthy check from the taxpayers to boot.

Exactly howTF do these people go get a voucher? Waiting lists are a mile long and 99% of the time you can't even get ON the waiting list.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Perhaps you still haven't learned that government intervention in the free market makes things worse.

Local governments intervene in the housing market all the time, and their intervention has worked very well for homeowners, if their strong support is any indication. Renters, not so much.

Aren't you grateful toward your local government for intervening in the housing market?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies