Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 03:02 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,528,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

This has been floating around the gun boards for years, but I don't recall it being discussed here. We seem to have a lot of anti-self defense posters here, figured it was worth while to see if any of them had a problem with it.
No problem, with my beliefs. But I'm not opposed to self-defense measures. I've never met anyone who is. I don't think I've read any such position expressed on this forum, either. It's a two-way street, defense and assistance. If a neighbor of mine said they wouldn't help me if I was in trouble I probably would ignore their pleas for help if I heard them of if I observed someone burglarizing their home or vehicle. To each his own, life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 03:03 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,830,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It will be funny if my neighbors tried that.
Why if they have guns, and you don't?

Old 06-13-2012, 03:06 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,930,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Why if they have guns, and you don't?
Chihuahuas barking at my Rhodesian Ridgeback provided good enough amusement. But then, when it comes to dealing with immaturity, one just might have to stoop down to that level at display.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
In New Mexico because of the illegal alien problem, I had signs that said in Spanish "Rancho De Los Deceparecidos" and I threw a bunch of spent shell casings around the area. Sometimes at night, I would get up and blast a few rounds out of my FN/FAL. My fences were never cut down again.

Perception is everything, but it's handy to have a few weapons; just in case!

I want to add a Keltec RFB to my suite of arms, but Cali wants a welded in clip. So I can own one only after ruining it. <<sigh>>

Old 06-13-2012, 03:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,505,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I don't have a problem with the sign from a legal standpoint, but I wouldn't be an ass and put it up in front of my house.

Same for me. No problema. I have the most fantastic neighbors, caring, concern for all in our cul-de-sac.

However one of my retal properties, one neighbor on the side, not so much. However just for me, personally i still would not put this sign up.

Reason being, just can't trust anyone anymore, no matter how sincere and likeable they are or not are..

Too many nuts out there today. Put a sign up, they can get even you know in other ways.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:14 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,542,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
I dont have a problem with it. But it does also say at the same time " there arte guns in my house and if Im not home and you want a gun , this is the house to break into"

Let's have some fun with this one.

No, it does not say that. It says, "Come on in, stupid! We have guns in the our safe, and while you are working your idiot rear off to try and GET them, you're likely to get caught."

or it says...

"Come and get our guns, ya dumb dolt! Our alarm system's waiting for you. Let's get YOU off of the street."

Old 06-13-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Chihuahuas barking at my Rhodesian Ridgeback provided good enough amusement. But then, when it comes to dealing with immaturity, one just might have to stoop down to that level at display.

Dogs are great, but guns are better. I wouldn't bring my dogs to a gunfight, they'd only get in the way.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:18 PM

37 posts, read 38,535 times
I love that sign.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:22 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,930,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Dogs are great, but guns are better. I wouldn't bring my dogs to a gunfight, they'd only get in the way.
Putting up signs isn't engaging in gun fights either. You completely missed the point.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:23 PM

39,955 posts, read 26,704,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's great, alert potential burglars to which houses are sitting ducks and which aren't. Real neighborly. This looks like a potential lawsuit waiting to happen.

What would be the grounds for a lawsuit, assuming that it was true? If my neighbor want's to outlaw my means and right of defending myself, and particularly if they choose to support organizations and politicians that want to do so, they are the ones being unneighborly. Nothing wrong with calling them on it. If they are so confident in their beliefs that law abiding people should be disarmed, they should be proud of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies