Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 04:23 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
No, Pres. Obama isn't against capitalism. He's against vulture capitalism -- and an opponent who claims to be a job creator who essentially robbed people of money using crafty legal means.

This is what Bain did; they bought companies and borrowed money on the company's name; then dispersed that money to the owners and then drove the company into bankruptcy -- and in some cases, raiding the employee's pension funds.

The result was lots of money for the owners and unemployment for the employees.
Just keep on spewing that nonsense. All it does is show how little you actually understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 04:24 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Obama is more against success than capitalism.

He likes people whom inherited money; he dislikes entrepreneurs.

Eastern liberals with inherited money all love Obama and liberalism because they don't have to produce anything. They are jealous of success.
You make a lot of assertions but how do you arrive at that conclusion? Give examples.

I see no evidence that he prefers inheritors of money to entrepreneurs. Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, neither of whom have inherited their money, are on Obama's side on polices like taxes. Obama makes speeches at new tech plants.

Essentially, you are creating a narrative of Obama, from your own head, that isn't true.

Old 05-23-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Just keep on spewing that nonsense. All it does is show how little you actually understand.
Then prove me wrong. Calling what I say "nonsense," without anything behind it, doesn't make it so nor convince anyone else.

Your lack of debating skills is astounding. I provide supporting examples, evidence and facts. Try it sometime.
===========
This thread is another Obama bashing party. The OP makes a few baseless assertions and provides not a shred of evidence supporting the claim he/she is making. The assertions are so baseless that it's fun countering the merit-less claims with actual counter-examples.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:46 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Obama is more against success than capitalism.

He likes people whom inherited money; he dislikes entrepreneurs.
Show where he is or admit you're just pulling irrational statements from a warm brown place.

Quote:
Eastern liberals with inherited money all love Obama and liberalism because they don't have to produce anything. They are jealous of success.
Here's a clue: <if you were born wealthy, you are successful ex: Romney, Bush>

You're welcome

Old 05-24-2012, 02:46 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Obama talkng about real, close-to-the-street capitalism is an oxymoron because his own background includes very little exposure to it.

Might as well have the Pope talk about sex or Madonna talk about chastity.

Self-made??? Please don't insult our intelligence; he is the ultimate media-oriented product of a gang of schlockmeisters who seek to fine-tune hia appeal to the slowest and most short-sighted at the back of the room.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-24-2012 at 02:57 PM..

Old 05-24-2012, 02:47 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
A self made man, sure, but don't pretend that he got there by doing anything entrepreneurial.
Obama is a self-made man. You didn't disagree with it.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:01 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
How is capitalism bad?

Top donors, as of right now, to each campaign:
Obama
1-Microsoft Corp $347,916
2- DLA Piper $297,027
3- University of California $261,846
4- Sidley Austin LLP $240,846
5- Google Inc $211,769

Romney
1- Goldman Sachs $573,080
2- Bank of America $398,850
3- JPMorgan Chase & Co $393,825
4- Morgan Stanley $373,850
5- Credit Suisse Group $317,410

I guess the former group represents stupid and poor, the latter group... capitalists.
I find it an interesting note that a University system funded partially by the state of California is the third highest donor to president obamans campaign
The state is a financial bind yet is OK for the Cal to give money to a election

Old 05-24-2012, 04:31 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I find it an interesting note that a University system funded partially by the state of California is the third highest donor to president obamans campaign The state is a financial bind yet is OK for the Cal to give money to a election
You don't know (or cared to learn about) how it works, do you? (Hint: US Army is Ron Paul's top contributor). And if you look at that short list, you'd think Romney is ahead of Obama with contributions because bigger money is with him. However, Obama is way ahead, and has smaller contributions from more people.

OpenSecrets.org

Old 05-24-2012, 04:43 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You don't know (or cared to learn about) how it works, do you? (Hint: US Army is Ron Paul's top contributor). And if you look at that short list, you'd think Romney is ahead of Obama with contributions because bigger money is with him. However, Obama is way ahead, and has smaller contributions from more people.

OpenSecrets.org
I did not say there was anything improper nor did i say i did not know how it works. I just said i found it interesting.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I find it an interesting note that a University system funded partially by the state of California is the third highest donor to president obamans campaign
The state is a financial bind yet is OK for the Cal to give money to a election
Well, you've gotten the wrong idea. According to Politifact, "The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families."

I don't see anything wrong with employees of the university donating money. Do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies