Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:49 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,205,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How much more taxpayer money should we throw at the failing education system, which really doesn't go for the children, but actually goes to shore up union pensions and benefits?

DC has a per pupil funding of about $15,000...on the level with the very BEST private schools.

It is the UNIONS that don't want to give children a fair shot and they do this by keeping kids in failing schools, opposing vouchers (CHOICE for parents).

Amazing the Left is all about CHOICE...except for when it comes to kids getting out of dangerous, failed schools.

I do believe ALL states have free or nearly free child healthcare (SCHIP).

No, we don't object to helping poor mothers and their children, as a temporary measure UNTIL they can get a job and on their feet. It is the "poor" mother that pops out kid after kid in order to get MORE welfare and government assistance, with no thought at all of EVER getting off the rolls. The generational welfare family, a scam to bilk the taxpayers taught from one generation to the next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Ridiculous and shallow thought process you've got going here. There IS federal/state aid to dependent children to the tune of BILLIONs of dollars....we DO advocate for strong public schools....we DO have socialized healthcare for children. Pro-lifers have done NOTHING to indicate that they DON'T advocate for those things. In fact, we regularly advocate that EVERY child be given a chance....hence the hatred of abortion!!

Can we get a liberal on this forum with a smattering of deeper thought? Someone, anyone? Please??????? These strawman fallacies are really getting old.
The post above yours by a righty says loud and clear that Righties believe children are precious ONLY IF THEY APPROVE OF THEIR MOTHER'S LIFESTYLE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 10:22 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,204,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Ridiculous and shallow thought process you've got going here. There IS federal/state aid to dependent children to the tune of BILLIONs of dollars....we DO advocate for strong public schools....we DO have socialized healthcare for children. Pro-lifers have done NOTHING to indicate that they DON'T advocate for those things. In fact, we regularly advocate that EVERY child be given a chance....hence the hatred of abortion!!
But, do you advocate them? At every turn, those of your ilk are looking to tear down what we do have in place and will do whatever it takes to complicate and/or defund it.

Quote:
Can we get a liberal on this forum with a smattering of deeper thought? Someone, anyone? Please??????? These strawman fallacies are really getting old.
Can we get a conservative with basic reading comprehension skills?

FYI- It would do wonders for you to actually understand what a fallacy and a strawman is. Then, you wouldn't look so silly when trying to use them as a dismissal of a very valid and pertinent argument.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
How much more taxpayer money should we throw at the failing education system, which really doesn't go for the children, but actually goes to shore up union pensions and benefits?

DC has a per pupil funding of about $15,000...on the level with the very BEST private schools.

It is the UNIONS that don't want to give children a fair shot and they do this by keeping kids in failing schools, opposing vouchers (CHOICE for parents).

Amazing the Left is all about CHOICE...except for when it comes to kids getting out of dangerous, failed schools.
^^ Now THAT is a strawman, kids.

Quote:
I do believe ALL states have free or nearly free child healthcare (SCHIP).
But, do you ADVOCATE it?

Quote:
No, we don't object to helping poor mothers and their children, as a temporary measure UNTIL they can get a job and on their feet. It is the "poor" mother that pops out kid after kid in order to get MORE welfare and government assistance, with no thought at all of EVER getting off the rolls. The generational welfare family, a scam to bilk the taxpayers taught from one generation to the next.
Then abortion might be where it's at for some of them, no?

Btw, try living on a welfare budget.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:42 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,439,729 times
I question the validity of polls in a time when both cell and residential phones allow users to reject unknown callers very easily. I haven't answered a poll in at least 10 years, probably more.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:17 PM

24,813 posts, read 24,463,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I question the validity of polls in a time when both cell and residential phones allow users to reject unknown callers very easily. I haven't answered a poll in at least 10 years, probably more.
If you'll read the link, it shows that 80% of people posted still think abortions should be legal. Just because someone doesn't like them, doesn't mean they think they should be outlawed.

I hate abortions, so I would never get one. But I'm not making decisions for others either.

Prolife is a relative term. It doesn't mean you are for the outlawing of abortions.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:20 PM

707 posts, read 690,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You think them the same? Of course you do.
Regardless...is that really the answer?

Old 05-24-2012, 12:23 PM

707 posts, read 690,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Abortion and killing are not the same to me. Until the baby could survive, it's not really alive in my opinion. If there were no abortions, what would you have done to all of the kids who would be in terrible homes or starving etc? Who would pay for them? What about the crime rate? Unemployment etc etc? Face it, abortion is a necessary evil whether you like it or not.
Maybe a better social system is a better alternative and not population control.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,058,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The post above yours by a righty says loud and clear that Righties believe children are precious ONLY IF THEY APPROVE OF THEIR MOTHER'S LIFESTYLE.
And the Left says loud and clear they actually want more of these mothers popping out babies for the sole purpose of obtaining even more taxpayer money.

More dependent in government slavery to vote for democrats.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:48 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,110,756 times
Quote:
And the Left says loud and clear they actually want more of these mothers popping out babies for the sole purpose of obtaining even more taxpayer money.

More dependent in government slavery to vote for democrats.
Yea, that's why the left supports Planned Parenthood that affords low income women a place to obtain birth control.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:24 PM

That must be why the Catholic Church is trying to not have to provide birth control coverage to their employees. Who, by the way, just so happen to be usually women with lower incomes -- they don't pay well, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies