Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 06:56 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,989,451 times

Advertisements

The world is one Japanese earthquake away from mass radiation poisoning. The report says they know what to do.

No one wants to pay for it.

So i guess we all get to get radiated.

The cooling pool is 100' feet off the ground, and the building is tilted.

In the words of our esteemed Vice President of the United States.

THIS IS A BIG F...... DEAL!

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/World/2012...ctor-4-120519/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 07:08 PM

6.2-magnitude Quake Jolts Northeast Japan

Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,346,742 times
what do you want Us to do about it from this side of the pacific Ocean?

I mean Canada and the U.S. could open the doors and let people displaced in Japan immigrate here in large numbers... If they choose to so if it gets really bad...But not much else anyone Really can do if the pool levels drop and the rods are exposed besides extend the exclusion zone and get the people living in those areas out ASAP..

Old 05-21-2012, 11:09 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,743,599 times
you can only keep the genie in the bottle for so long soon another genie will get out somewhere??

if you play with gas for a long time you wil eventually will get burned!!!

Old 05-22-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
what do you want Us to do about it from this side of the pacific Ocean?
Contact your congressman, and senator so that they'll do nothing, thereby confirming we don't have a representative gov't.

Quote:
I mean Canada and the U.S. could open the doors and let people displaced in Japan immigrate here in large numbers... If they choose to so if it gets really bad...But not much else anyone Really can do if the pool levels drop and the rods are exposed besides extend the exclusion zone and get the people living in those areas out ASAP..
Japan is already Fukushimad.... It's the rest of the world that should be concerned. The radiation will blanket the earth, when then next big quake hits.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
you can only keep the genie in the bottle for so long soon another genie will get out somewhere??

if you play with gas for a long time you wil eventually will get burned!!!
It's supposedly the smart people that come up with this crap..... right?

I mean who makes something that can destroy life as we know it, and take no real precaution's or measure's to deal with the waste.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:56 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,346,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
It's supposedly the smart people that come up with this crap..... right?

I mean who makes something that can destroy life as we know it, and take no real precaution's or measure's to deal with the waste.
will I have a Idea on how to get rid of the waste although a bit of a risk but my Idea is to either put it on a Rocket and shoot it into the Sun...

I mean the sun is just a Giant Nuclear Fusion Reaction anyways... So why not shoot our nulcear waste into it to be burned up?

Also we could build modren Gen IV Reactors that can Run on and burn up the old fuel Rods and DU.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
will I have a Idea on how to get rid of the waste although a bit of a risk but my Idea is to either put it on a Rocket and shoot it into the Sun...

I mean the sun is just a Giant Nuclear Fusion Reaction anyways... So why not shoot our nulcear waste into it to be burned up?

Also we could build modren Gen IV Reactors that can Run on and burn up the old fuel Rods and DU.
Not a bad idea, and since they don't calculate the cost of disposal in the formula of cheapnuclear energy. It won't be a factor.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,946,505 times
C-D list of Threats to Mankind:

1) Gay Marriage
2) 72 hour waiting periods for guns
3) Social Programs
4) Two or more black males
5) People with more than one gun
6) Religion
7) Atheism
8) Health Care Coverage
9) Muslims....all.....not some.....all.
10) Barack Obama, George Bush, Dick Cheney and every other worthless politician that we have ever had the (dis)pleasure of voting for.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:23 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,946,505 times
Elect Newt Gingrich. We will all be living on the Moon by the end of 2013 (and by all I meant those of us able to write checks for 8 figures and more).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies