Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:00 AM

175 posts, read 734,041 times

Advertisements

Okay first things first he probably helped to kill or killed the first two people and got off, but this time it looks like he got set-up from the start. Now, it's still not right to bring a gun to a party, but from the looks of all the sketchy characters involved OJ's probably not going to go to jail to much of most of your dismay. However, why does a white guy who goes around killing massive amounts of people like John Gotti get called a Dapper Don when he beats the charges? Remember he was like celebrated by the whole city of New York and a lot of people in this country, but let an old black football player kill two people and get away with it and he's the most hated man in the last two decades (and those are decades that included Sadam, Osama, etc) What gives now discuss amongst yourselves....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 05:30 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,595,929 times
He may have been set up, but he still came with a gun - or someone with a gun. I think the part where he will have the most trouble is that on the tape he clearly says not to let anyone leave the room.

I'm not sure I would say Gotti was celebrated. There has always been some romanticizing of the mob and people tend to be a little detached from mob killings. A guy nearly decapitating his wife hits much closer to home and the pictures and evidence were broadcast all over the news.

Unfortunately, the case did take on racial overtones. I think for some segments of black America it was something to celebrate by being a victory in the justice system. For the other side, it was simply an injustice (for most). There is no shortage of black men being convicted for violent crime unfortunately.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:15 AM

115 posts, read 335,954 times
I hope he was set up. couldn't happen to a more deserving man

I want to see his butt in prison w/ his new boyfriend Bubba.

He should never have been out enjoying life. He took those 2 lives and never made to suffer the consequences.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:04 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times
Even if the circumstances were arranged, he's responsible for his actions.

Maybe this time he'll learn that carrying a football doesn't give him any special privleges, nor should it.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:38 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,779,199 times
i'm sick of O.J. lock him up. i dont care if it's for murder or robbery, as long as he has an encounter of the pain kind the first time he picks up the soap in jail.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:31 PM

175 posts, read 734,041 times
Yea but come on the witnesses they have so far are all over the place with their stories. To boot the guy who set-up the whole thing should be charged as well. Technically he's the one that showed OJ the hotel room and gave him the message about finding the "stolen" goods. He probably would go to jail or should before OJ in this particular instance. Again I don't give a crap if he did or did not murder the two people previously (side note all of them from the first case disgust me The Simpson’s, Browns, and Goldman’s are low life’s in my opinion) but I digress. Anyway way did the guy who taped the whole thing not give that tape directly to the police to start? Why did he wait get a reward and send it to TMZ? The state really has a weak case against Simpson gun or not. Also is it a coincidence that the Goldman family released the book on the same day. I mean that strikes me as odd that he gets in trouble that day. Seriously why did Judith Regan loose her job over this stupid book? Last time I checked they said it was all made up, so I’m confused here. Seriously the Vegas cops better find the hand guns or they've got nothing. Sadly to say this will turn into another race war even though most black people felt he was guilty the first time. Hell, people probably hate OJ more than Hitler which makes no sense at all!!

Old 09-19-2007, 04:36 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,541,872 times
Can someone explain to me what the "kidnapping" or "attempted kidnapping" charges are for?

Old 09-19-2007, 04:47 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Can someone explain to me what the "kidnapping" or "attempted kidnapping" charges are for?
Because, he said to those that were with him "don't let anybody out of this room"

Old 09-19-2007, 04:53 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,410,577 times
That voice recorder will get you every time..

If I was to ever become a criminal, the first thing I would do is have my vocal cords removed.. The only perfect crime is the one that's never mentioned...

Old 09-19-2007, 07:19 PM

8,055 posts, read 10,651,352 times
I don't think we should be giving O.J. Simpson the time of day, not ONE MINUTE of our precious attention does this man deserve. Young people are fighting and dying in a war for our country. He is no more important than a piece of S--t on the bottom of your shoe, to be scrapped off and forgotten on the very next curb. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies