Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 04:39 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,992,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Walker has done nothing that he promised and has done a lot of things he did not mention while campaigning. Remember, WI is dead last in job creation which was what Walker promised.

Read more: Scott Walker is talking a lot less now about his pledge to create 250,000 new jobs
How long has Walker been in office now? Do you hold the POTUS to the same standards? He has reduced the states deficit and has saved teachers jobs. There have been teachers from Wi here on CD that have attested to the fact that he has saved teaching jobs that would have had to be cut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 04:50 PM

38,496 posts, read 26,053,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
How long has Walker been in office now? Do you hold the POTUS to the same standards? He has reduced the states deficit and has saved teachers jobs. There have been teachers from Wi here on CD that have attested to the fact that he has saved teaching jobs that would have had to be cut.
No, teachers lost their jobs at the expense of an adequate education for the students.

As Wisconsin Slashes Budget, 354 Teachers Laid Off
As Wisconsin Slashes Budget, 354 Teachers Laid Off - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Quote:
A new survey of the majority of the state's school districts shows many of them were forced to make staff reductions and increase class sizes as a result of school aid cuts in Gov. Scott Walker's state budget, according to the state Department of Public Instruction and a school administrators association.
Survey finds school districts have taken hits; Walker touts reforms - JSOnline

WI School Board Assn Confirms that Some Schools Will Be Forced to Cut Teacher Salaries or Lay-Off
Daily Kos: WI School Board Assn Confirms that Some Schools Will Be Forced to Cut Teacher Salaries or Lay-Off

Old 05-06-2012, 04:53 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,003,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Ha, he won some very minor concessions from the unions. They have gained so much sympathy that they will end up getting far more back when they get this zombiefaced idiot out of office.

But he's your hero. LMAO!

and yours is obama I'm guessing?? LMAO even harder!!

Old 05-06-2012, 04:54 PM

Superintendent of Teacher in Walker Ad Says Ad is Complete Fiction: Lay-Offs Occurred in District

Superintendent of Teacher in Walker Ad Says Ad is Complete Fiction: Lay-Offs Occurred in District | Uppity Wisconsin

Old 05-06-2012, 04:57 PM

This is why Walker will be ousted this June;
Walker: A Pattern of Lies

http://www.thedailycall.org/wp-conte...lkers_Lies.pdf

All Walker has done is lie and make conditions in WI very bad.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:02 PM

46,725 posts, read 27,600,397 times
Quote:
Walker has done nothing that he promised and has done a lot of things he did not mention while campaigning.

You are amazing, you will say this crap, but completely back obama....and you will still vote for him this year.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:05 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,148,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
According to almost all the polls, it looks like he will remain in office.

Scott Walker is a courageous man - he has the will to do what is unpopular and has consistently stood up to those who opposed him. And his reforms are working.

I think he's too socially conservative, but I greatly admire him standing up to the unions among other things. He is a hero.
If he was that "courageous" why didn't he apply the same law to cops and firefighters? Because it is easier to bully teachers and road workers. And if the people in Wisconsin elect him again, they deserve the government they get.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
It's going to bne a real pleasure to laugh in the face of you Fasci-liberals when Walker is re-elected.
It won't bother me. I don't live there, have never been there and have no desire to go. I do like their cheese and the Packers though. But I did live there and I was a teacher, I certainly would not be putting in any "extra effort" with your kids nor would I confrence with you after working hours. You think I am overpaid? Take your kid elsewhere.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Status: "Democracies tend to decline into despotism. (Aristotle)" (set 21 days ago)

16,239 posts, read 11,492,225 times
Quote:
Scott Walker is talking a lot less now about his pledge to create 250,000 new jobs

Read more: Scott Walker is talking a lot less now about his pledge to create 250,000 new jobs
You Liberal dreamers just can't seem to get it into your heads that there are millions of us out here who don't want any "help" from the the Nanny-State.

We can take care of ourselves, and plan, responsibly, for our own security, and that of the people we choose to blelong to, and who belong to us.

But the rest of you have shown your true colors in the from of youe conduct at OWS and siimlar rabble/conscousness-raisng.

We can even provide basic security for you, if you keep your heads down, your hands busy, and your mouths shut.

Otherwise, you can have what you deserve.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
In spite of the idiotic OP....BRAVO to Governor Walker. He did what he HAD to do to save the majority of the people of that State from a SHARP tax increase that would go to pay for the pampered public union employees benefits.

Tough decisions must be made in government, and sometimes they are unpopular. But people elect politicans to office so that they may govern in the BEST INTERESTS OF THE PEOPLE. That is exactly what he did. I wish the clowns in washington had that same attitude.

He WILL be confirmed as governor.
You know I would almost agree except for the fact that he did not attack ALL state employees. Cops and firefighters were exempted from his wrath. Shouldn't they pay for medical and retirement too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies