Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 05:05 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,829,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Dear Zimmerman Jr.

If she had a gun she would be dead, killed after a fusillade of shots fired by officers defending one of their own from senile old lady and suspect in a murder who tried to shoot it out with the cops.

Yeah, using a gun against a cop or a SWAT team would be just brilliant.
LOL, what MOGal stated.

Poetic licence being the key.

Zimmerman is quite the neophyte, comparatively speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 05:07 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,150,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Apparently you missed the poster's reference to Indiana.
Law don't do you much good when you are dead.

By the way, that's about the craziest dumb**** law that I've ever heard about, it's even dumber than "stand your ground". Can't wait to see the cases coming out of this one, as every tom, dick, and sovereign citizen, and tea bagger decides for themselves what is and what isn't a lawful search and decides to shoot it out with ZOG.

Of course it could help raise the average IQ of Indianians.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:11 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,414,453 times
No word in the article on what happened to the cop. No doubt he went on paid "administrative leave." The taxpayer gets reamed coming & going. That's how it works in our brave new world.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Apparently you missed the poster's reference to Indiana.
This is way tooo funny!
“What is troubling to law enforcement officers, and to me, is the chance that citizens hearing reports of change will misunderstand what the law says,” Daniels said. “This law is not an invitation to use violence or force against law enforcement officers. In fact, it restricts when an individual can use force, specifically deadly force, on an officer, so don’t try anything. Chances are overwhelming you will be breaking the law and wind up in far worse trouble.”

The new law states that for a homeowner to resist police entry forcibly, the person must reasonably believe an officer is acting unlawfully and that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the citizen.

“Unless a person is convinced an officer is acting unlawfully, he cannot use any force of any kind,” Daniels said. “In the real world, there will almost never be a situation in which these extremely narrow conditions are met.”
Hey Mitch you dumbfrack,

It's too late, the idiots are already getting your whacky law wrong. That god that even Republicans realized what an idiot you are.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:33 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,414,453 times
Quote:
Law don't do you much good when you are dead.

By the way, that's about the craziest dumb**** law that I've ever heard about, it's even dumber than "stand your ground". Can't wait to see the cases coming out of this one, as every tom, dick, and sovereign citizen, and tea bagger decides for themselves what is and what isn't a lawful search and decides to shoot it out with ZOG.

Of course it could help raise the average IQ of Indianians.
Oh boy here we go with the anti-flyover bigotry. What fun.

You mean like Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon and graduate of IU? Or Eli Lilly, founder of the Indiana-based F-500 pharmecutical company. How many pharmaceutical companies do you have?

Old 04-19-2012, 06:06 PM

20,700 posts, read 12,583,694 times
Quote:
I agree in my heart but then when you are 90 it isn't the best idea to wait for a jury trial and the subsequent appeals.

I just hope that granny has enough time on the clock to spend all of it.
Exactly! I was thinking the same thing but it probably would have been years and then the appeals. I do hope that she gets to spend the money.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
You mean like Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon and graduate of IU? Or Eli Lilly, founder of the Indiana-based F-500 pharmecutical company. How many pharmaceutical companies do you have?
I think that Neil Armstrong would understand the simple arithmetic involved in my post. It is unfortunate that you can't.

So try to follow along if you can.

If you have a bell curve based upon IQ and you reduce the number of scores on the left side of the curve, those with lower scores, the average will shift to the right thus raising the score of the mean.

This would work in any state not just Indiana.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,819,056 times
Quote:
I agree in my heart but then when you are 90 it isn't the best idea to wait for a jury trial and the subsequent appeals.

I just hope that granny has enough time on the clock to spend all of it.

She has children, so I doubt that spending all of it would be high on the list. At 90 just making it through any given day is a great thing.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
She has children, so I doubt that spending all of it would be high on the list.
Well she may well have some, but hell they've got to be in their late 70's at best!

I think she's earned the right to blow it all on bingo.

Quote:
At 90 just making it through any given day is a great thing.
Hell that's a great thing a 60!

Old 04-19-2012, 06:29 PM

Found a more detailed account.

City pays $95,000 to retired school principal handcuffed by police | Baltimore Brew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies