Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 02:11 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,341,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
You really think the Republicans are NOT trying to ban contraception and all other women's rights, like voting, in America. You are not paying attention to the Konservative Kampaign to do just that.
I would say that you aren't paying much attention to the Liberal campaign with all its lies, also. Go ahead and read the article and then lets discuss who is doing the lying because it is an election year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 02:11 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,173,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
You really think the Republicans are NOT trying to ban contraception and all other women's rights, like voting, in America. You are not paying attention to the Konservative Kampaign to do just that.
Take your medicine Greg.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
So, democrats you propaganda and half truths to get their points across. I assume you do not think Republicans or Independents don't do the same when they are trying to get a point across?
I failed to see anything in my words or the words of the writer of the link that said anything about Republican words. Actually, we were both talking about Democrat lies only. Of course, deflection is deflection, isn't it?

Old 04-17-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Does the GOP want to ban contraception, that is open to debate. What is not open to debate is that the right-to-life movement does want it banned as their ultimate goal and guess which Party they nearly all belong to and to whom that Party Panders to on a regular basis. So as for the claim that it is all a Big Lie I would have to say you have not proven your claim, once again.
I think that you have, once more, failed to read the article past the introduction I gave you and maybe not even that. What the man is getting at is that in every state there is a movement afoot to do away with government funded contraception devices, not abortion. I think that the lie grows once it gets started since I don't know one state where that is going on. Can you show me some examples of why calling the Lie a lie is really false?

Old 04-17-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The biggest lie by republicans is that they are not at war with women and the middle class.
That sentence is entirely off topic which makes it nothing but deflection. Obviously the topic I started out with had to do with Democrat lies that have so little to do with what Republicans say.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:17 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,877,273 times
The Reps like women barefoot, pregnant and submissive. Women who dare act otherwise are often labeled sluts, bad mothers and baby killers by many Reps. I have no idea why anyone would dispute this. If the Reps could get away with it they'd repeal the 19th amendment.

Anything that has benefitted women -- access to contraceptives, paid maternity leave, universal education, national health care, public schools, workplace protections, laws punishing sex discrimination -- has been opposed by the Reps at every turn.

They are the party of rich, old men who view women as not very bright baby bearers, sex toys and house elves.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The Reps like women barefoot, pregnant and submissive. Women who dare act otherwise are often labeled sluts, bad mothers and baby killers by many Reps. I have no idea why anyone would dispute this. If the Reps could get away with it they'd repeal the 19th amendment.

Anything that has benefitted women -- access to contraceptives, paid maternity leave, universal education, national health care, public schools, workplace protections, laws punishing sex discrimination -- has been opposed by the Reps at every turn.

They are the party of rich, old men who view women as not very bright baby bearers, sex toys and house elves.
You added a lot of topics to the Democrat lies. I thank you for that.

There has been no attempt to limit access to contraceptives, only an attempt to have the government not pay for them. Surely if you can afford to have sex you can afford your own contraceptive devices. We had to pay for our own in the 50s - early 20teens and along came Obama shooting at the Catholic Church and all of a sudden Republicans were against contraception because they don't like abortion.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh, no, the GOP are too cowardly to come right out and say that they want to ban contraception.

What they will do, however, is make it harder for women to have access to contraception by cutting funding to health care facilities that provide these services or by enacting all sorts of crazy laws that, for example, allow pharmacists to not do their jobs by making it okay for them to refuse to fill prescriptions.

Nice try OP, but, not buying what you are selling.
You didn't read the link, I am sure. You want to go on with the lie knowing only what the Democrats are saying in this, an election year.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:24 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,484,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I failed to see anything in my words or the words of the writer of the link that said anything about Republican words. Actually, we were both talking about Democrat lies only. Of course, deflection is deflection, isn't it?
It's not deflection. I am making a point. That point is hypocrisy. I'll wait for your next thread about Republican lies.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh, no, the GOP are too cowardly to come right out and say that they want to ban contraception.

What they will do, however, is make it harder for women to have access to contraception by cutting funding to health care facilities that provide these services or by enacting all sorts of crazy laws that, for example, allow pharmacists to not do their jobs by making it okay for them to refuse to fill prescriptions.

Nice try OP, but, not buying what you are selling.
I wonder how many times you will come up with this very same deflecting attempt. You do know that this is the second word for word time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies