Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 07:09 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,060,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
The only thing you have backing your position is a book of fairy tales written by men so primitive they didn't understand basic science.

My position, on the other hand, is backed by thousands of scientific experiments, analysis of the human genome, radiometric dating techniques, archaeology, astronomy, geology, documented history, and literally hundreds of other fact and evidence based data points.
Oh I see - you can use big words - so it makes you right. I can use those same words - understand them - have studied the data - and have come to a different conclusion.

Sorry - but your self-righteous attitude leaves much to be desired.

I would think that you would quit dismissing the Bible as a "fairy tale" - it is a poor tactic because the exact same thing can be said about your holey theory of evolution. Better to demonstrate that the Bible is unfactual(which you cannot do) then to throw out meaningless strings of words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 07:25 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,621,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Better to demonstrate that the Bible is unfactual(which you cannot do) then to throw out meaningless strings of words.
Earth created before sun.

Plants created before sun.

Woman created from rib from a male (complete with male DNA).

Global Flood.

None of the above happened. They are IMPOSSIBLE. Your book asserts they are, in fact, the way things are.

Your book is wrong.

Had all knowledge of the bible disappeared 1000 years ago, and in modern times, a copy were unearthed in a dig somewhere, we would literally laugh, in unison, at how stupid ancient man was.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:40 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,060,538 times
Quote:

Clearly, you have not read Genesis very well - God "let their be light" - before the earth appeared and the plants began to grow. You confuse Genesis 1:3 with Genesis 1:14. All the latter verse means is that the light was then visible and served to separate the day and the night - visually.

The plants would not be able to grow without the sun and water - how could you even make such a ridiculous claim that the Bible says anything different?

See my thread about Genesis - I am going to keep going verse by verse - but I at least have got the chronology down right! I also make it clear that a water cycle neccesary for plant growth was instituted.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...e-genesis.html

I think you need to work a little harder on finding evidence that "disproves" the Bible.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:52 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,801,089 times
Quote:

Woman created from rib from a male (complete with male DNA).

Global Flood.

None of the above happened. They are IMPOSSIBLE. Your book asserts they are, in fact, the way things are.

Your book is wrong.

Had all knowledge of the bible disappeared 1000 years ago, and in modern times, a copy were unearthed in a dig somewhere, we would literally laugh, in unison, at how stupid ancient man was.
How stupid ancient man was?......... them mayans were pure idiots to come up with that calendar.

Show me who named Orion
- I want to hear your explanation with proof of course.

Then I will prove to you beyond any doubt how stupid ancient man was. The Great Pyramid of Giza - them people were the ultimate in stupidity. that shaft that lines up perfectly with Orion - is 21.x degrees. when laid down that shaft goes direct through the exact center of the Temple in Jerusalem. Stupid people do stupid things so that SMART PEOPLE can just dismiss them as broken clocks.

Those peoples stupidity is far far superior to your lack of any type of rational knowledge. We have the "dead sea scrolls' which authenticate the book of Isaiah in all of its entirety. They provide far more proof that you are wrong.

Now I know where Jay Leno gets his Jaywalking allstars. They have ALL the (wrong) answers.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:03 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,411,214 times
Quote:
I can't help what you think - besides your opinion is entirely based on the fact that you and I have a difference of opinion concerning evolution. You are being entirely dogmatic and unreasonable. In your view anyone who has looked at the data and came to a different conclusion is "not intelligent, does not think critically, and does not understand the scientific method". You are free to think that - but it does not make it true. The fact that you are resorting to ad hominem attacks is very telling - shouldn't your argument stand up on its own merits without having to attack me personally?
The evidence of your posts belies your claims. You have proven you don't even understand what evolution is.

It's not a 'difference of opinions'.

That's tantamount to saying that if one person has an 'opinion' that 2+2=5, their 'opinion' has equal weight to someone who says 2+2=4.
Have fun in lahlah land...

Old 04-13-2012, 08:14 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,172,396 times
Quote:
Clearly, you have not read Genesis very well - God "let their be light" - before the earth appeared and the plants began to grow. You confuse Genesis 1:3 with Genesis 1:14. All the latter verse means is that the light was then visible and served to separate the day and the night - visually.

The plants would not be able to grow without the sun and water - how could you even make such a ridiculous claim that the Bible says anything different?

See my thread about Genesis - I am going to keep going verse by verse - but I at least have got the chronology down right! I also make it clear that a water cycle neccesary for plant growth was instituted.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...e-genesis.html

I think you need to work a little harder on finding evidence that "disproves" the Bible.
...so fast forward to the rib thing.

I'm also very interested to know what language the snake in the Garden of Eden was speaking.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:21 PM

33,581 posts, read 37,215,319 times
Quote:
If evolution is "indisputable" then why are we disputing over it?

I don't own a bull - bought or given.
You are disputing it. Why? perhaps you have been programmed by your religion?

Old 04-13-2012, 08:23 PM

33,581 posts, read 37,215,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
If the bible was a fantasy story of myth: Explain how prayer WORKS ?? It would be impossible for (something that doesn't exist to answer that prayer).

I am truly amazed - how all of my prayers always get answered. This has been a huge part of my (success) in life. Spending time and LISTENING & obeying what God says. He is the ONE who makes the PROMISES!! Funny how they always come true just as HE PROMISED.

Please explain! God says do this ... and HE will DO WHAT HE PROMISED.

Sounds elementary to me; that God honors HIS WORD.

How does that work ?? Again and again for over six decades. I want to hear this brilliant explanation.

(ENTER) one Jaywalking allstar..............
Prayer does not work, as this research shows...

Prayers offered by strangers had no effect on the recovery of people who were undergoing heart surgery, a large and long-awaited study has found.

And patients who knew they were being prayed for had a higher rate of post-operative complications like abnormal heart rhythms, perhaps because of the expectations the prayers created, the researchers suggested. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/he...pagewanted=all

Old 04-13-2012, 08:36 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,172,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Prayers offered by strangers had no effect on the recovery of people who were undergoing heart surgery, a large and long-awaited study has found.

And patients who knew they were being prayed for had a higher rate of post-operative complications like abnormal heart rhythms, perhaps because of the expectations the prayers created, the researchers suggested. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/he...pagewanted=all
Not to mention the stories we hear about religious fanatics that deny medical treatment to their kids and rely only prayer. IMO...if prayer has a positive affect it is to make the person praying more hopeful and optimistic or the energy exuded by a group of people focused on a common outcome has some type of metaphysical vibration. Some big dude in the sky? Nah!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:39 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,801,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

SUGGESTED ???

Well that settles that whole arguement right there.. My life... has never happened.. WoWoW - what a f'n revelation!!

I can't wait to tell everyone!!! and show them how totally lost you are about other people and their experiences. Come up here in the Arctic and say that to any Eskimo - (chuckle). They will prove it to you - @ 60 below zero. I wonder how long you would last in those temps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies