Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 04:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I find the silence from the left on this to be very telling
They were busy getting their instructions from their favorite sources. Kind of like you have to have the real orders before you take a swing at the messenger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Unfortunately the CBO completely disagrees with the Conservative costings.................
The Congressional Budget Office released updated cost estimates for some parts of the Affordable Care Act. In this update, CBO projects that net spending on several parts of the health care law are about $50 billion less than it projected last year. That partly reflects CBO’s confirmation of a trend we’ve been following – slower growth in health insurance premiums. CBO said:
“By 2021, premiums are now estimated to be about 8 percent lower than CBO estimated in March 2011. That change reduces the estimated costs of the coverage provisions of the ACA.”
This suggests that taxpayers will save $50 billion more, on net, through 2021 and Americans will pay even less for private insurance than CBO previously projected – which is good news.
That $50 billion sounds too much like what is to be taken from Medicare each year for 10 years. Very suspicious numbers here.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
But premiums are not health care. They are only part of health care costs.
THEY really don't manage to see that health care and insurance premiums aren't the same thing.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This is 2012. We're supposed to wait 9 years for lower premiums ?
8% lower ? Mine went up 20% for 2 years running.
I think that it only counts after the whole law goes into effect. Anybody with a tiny amount of understanding can see that insurance costs have risen hugely in the last two years. Of course, many people want the government to be able to supply their health care, free of charge and they don't see that someone has to pay for those things.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
We told these left handed lunatics this from day one. There has never been a government run welfare program that comes in under budget. Everything has been revised over and over again and the costs continue to rise each time and this thing hasn't even been implemented yet. The left has no answer because they were all duped by the lies of their orator. Maybe next time they'll listen. LOL.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:11 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that it only counts after the whole law goes into effect. Anybody with a tiny amount of understanding can see that insurance costs have risen hugely in the last two years. Of course, many people want the government to be able to supply their health care, free of charge and they don't see that someone has to pay for those things.
"someone" is paying for "free of charge" health care now with this present system .... Our Taxes already pay for ER visits, even visits by illegals.
We also have to pay a Insurance company for health care so we actually pay twice for health care here.
NO health care is "free" but with a Govt. funded health system we only pay once, we are not at the mercy of insurance companies who only want to insure the Healthy and the Wealthy and our tax Dollars are used for all Americans ...... How awful to actually use our taxes to pay for Americans rather than Iraqi health care or wars or overseas aid etc etc etc.
About time we became a nation that is one for all and all for one instead of me, me, me and then more me!

Old 04-10-2012, 07:24 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
"someone" is paying for "free of charge" health care now with this present system .... Our Taxes already pay for ER visits, even visits by illegals.
We also have to pay a Insurance company for health care so we actually pay twice for health care here.
NO health care is "free" but with a Govt. funded health system we only pay once, we are not at the mercy of insurance companies who only want to insure the Healthy and the Wealthy and our tax Dollars are used for all Americans ...... How awful to actually use our taxes to pay for Americans rather than Iraqi health care or wars or overseas aid etc etc etc.
About time we became a nation that is one for all and all for one instead of me, me, me and then more me!
Are you referring to medicaid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies