Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 03:38 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
We Texans are a hearty, very patriotic and outspoken bunch, and yes I am aware that this is a generalization. I know I cannot speak for every single Texan though I'm from a family of many generations, there.

We're a passionate bunch. No wonder it's part of the bible belt.

I do not think that CD just happens to be more known in Texas than other forums or websites, no.
A passionate group of southern haters who only see black and white, are easily maniuplated for votes by corporate elistest who really don't care about American or it's people, a group of racist who are stuck in the 60's, are against everything as long as it envolves others who look different than you, a bunch of old, whiny haters who just despise the fact that the new America is multicultral and or new world leaders don't care about race, unity or pride but care about dollars only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 05:08 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
A passionate group of southern haters who only see black and white, are easily maniuplated for votes by corporate elistest who really don't care about American or it's people, a group of racist who are stuck in the 60's, are against everything as long as it envolves others who look different than you, a bunch of old, whiny haters who just despise the fact that the new America is multicultral and or new world leaders don't care about race, unity or pride but care about dollars only.
....but Texans can write a paragraph using more than one run-on, poorly-written sentence which would require a blackboard roughly the size of an acre to diagram.....

Old 04-08-2012, 05:14 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Quote:
Don't you think this screed is a bit of an over the top way to describe 25 million people?

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 04-08-2012 at 05:52 PM..

Old 04-08-2012, 05:32 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,518 times
Quote:
This person is clearly not a Texan. They have probably never even been to Texas. If they have ever visited, they never looked beyond their own preconceived stereotypes. Oh well, whattayagonnado?

Old 04-08-2012, 05:43 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
You sir, have never been to Texas.

As I said, if it wasn't so fricken hot there, (felt like a turkey roasting in the oven...it was even hotter and more humid than Miami), and the Gulf around Galveston wasn't brown!!!!, (meaning the water, I feel I have to point out after the screed written above), I'd live there again in a heartbeat. It's one of the BEST states in this country.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:54 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
I had heard Texas was hot, and flat. Kind of sad to hear it is crowded.

I will say the Texans have terrific food and music. If I ever move to New Mexico, I'll come visit.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:34 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times

********* We're From Texas - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies