Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 08:48 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,826,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerphan View Post
It makes even less sense to trust your government while harboring rabid hated of corporations.

Throughout the course of human history, which entity has killed and enslaved exponentially more people? Government or corporations?
lol, I know. After all, those same people that love government want government to give them more money so they can buy stuff from the corporations they hate so much.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 08:52 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,826,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
11 words to fear “I'm from the company and I'm here to help.” Yeh, right, help yourself and what's in it for you.

I've never heard a company say they are here to help. They say, I need help and I have job openings. You mean:

“I'm from the government and I'm here to help.” They always want to raise taxes and take more of the money we earn.

Yet every time government says they will help "supposedly in the name of the poor" they really screw it up....
Hold on to your wallets!
Then they again claim they will fix what they broke and round and round they go.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:59 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,976,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Because corporations cannot forcefully take your earnings to pay for things that you do not want.
Yea, Corporations just use government to do that for them.
Not all corporations, but most certainly the Big Nationals do like Big Pharma and Big Insurance.

Politicians are showered with billions of dollars from these Multinationals to do their bidding against the American People because they support Big Government.

Why would those against Big Government support $Freedom of Speech$ via showering politicians with billions of dollars?

If I give my money to a corporation, that means I approve of them.

Why don't these Big Multinationals and Corporate Cheerleaders starve the beast and stop showering politicians with money and campaign donations?

Old 09-18-2014, 06:06 AM

5,737 posts, read 3,270,295 times
more bat s&&*t craziness from the left.
You have to stop watching those evening TV shows like 24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Big corporation is what dictates what happens in our govt.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:01 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,643,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You mean:
I mean exactly what I previously said: “I'm the company and I'm here to help.†Yeh, right, help yourself and what's in it for you. Mr. Reagan got it wrong and backwards on this particular talking point. Companies are in it for themselves, not you, and companies have much greater influence and reach into individual personal lives and behaviors outside the work environment than the government can ever possibly imagine. I can understand the no smoking on company grounds policy but what about when a person is in their car or at home? One drag on a cig and they'll fail the random and much feared nicotine test the next morning. Same goes for obesity, they can deny heath coverage to fatties but who determines how fat is too much overweight? Looking lumpy and unsightly? Perhaps those individuals will be placed on mandatory food rationing (or denial) until or if they meet the "correct" weight body mass parameters.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:13 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,864,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
at least the government is ELECTED by the people and it's main duty is the represent the people (though that doesn't always happen) and their main purpose is to help fix societal problems and help guide society. (and it doesn't always do this) but at least its the SETUP PURPOSE of the govenrment.

corporations answer TO THEMSELVES and the people DO NOT ELECT them and their sole purpose is SIMPLY to make money.. their PURPOSE has NOTHING TO DO with bettering society... sure they create jobs, but that's a BYPRODUCT of the whole making money thing.. it's not their purpose.

also, corporations already practically RUN a good portion of the government (you know that evil thing to be paranoid of)

why are people paranoid of the government but NOT CORPORATIONS?

makes no sense.
Corporations answer to their stockholders. In most cases if folks don't want/like their product or service they will go away. Remember Kodak, Studebaker, American Motors etc. Granted there are oligopolies where the consumer has little choice. (internet providers) However the election process for most higher level government positions is jaundiced by contributions from big $$$$$$$$$. Then you have uninformed voter who listen to campaign ads and do not educate themselves on the "real" issues....you get what we have. Last point...for just about all government services you have no alternative choices or COMPETITION. Therefore you are under a quasi "dictatorship".

Old 09-18-2014, 09:22 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,713,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Why don't these Big Multinationals and Corporate Cheerleaders starve the beast and stop showering politicians with money and campaign donations?
The bigger question is: Why don't politicians serve their constituents instead of the corporations?

Old 09-18-2014, 09:24 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,982,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The bigger question is: Why don't politicians serve their constituents instead of the corporations?
Money and job security. Are you serious?

That's the easiest question of the day.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:25 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,707,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
at least the government is ELECTED by the people and it's main duty is the represent the people (though that doesn't always happen) and their main purpose is to help fix societal problems and help guide society. (and it doesn't always do this) but at least its the SETUP PURPOSE of the govenrment.

corporations answer TO THEMSELVES and the people DO NOT ELECT them and their sole purpose is SIMPLY to make money.. their PURPOSE has NOTHING TO DO with bettering society... sure they create jobs, but that's a BYPRODUCT of the whole making money thing.. it's not their purpose.

also, corporations already practically RUN a good portion of the government (you know that evil thing to be paranoid of)

why are people paranoid of the government but NOT CORPORATIONS?

makes no sense.
It's simple, corporations have to obey the law, a corrupt government doesn't.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:29 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,982,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
It's simple, corporations have to obey the law, a corrupt government doesn't.
Corporations and Banks make calculated decisions when breaking the law (which they do OFTEN, I have no idea where you are coming from saying they don't).

Often times it is fiscally responsible to the shareholders to break the law and pay the measly fine-if they are ever even caught or prosecuted in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies