Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:48 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,059,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
The kid was a pothead.
Which is why there was no pot in his system.

8,091 posts, read 5,925,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepchic View Post
I really don't care about the reporting, except for the reporting of the facts of this case. The background of Zimmerman obviously does matter morebecause it's been proven that he has been aggressive, and what happened that night was the utmost of aggressive nature - someone died. Unless any of the things being brought up about Trayvon's past transcend into why he was shot that night, then no, nothing needs really be reported about this. At all.

If this were taken in front of a jury, these new discoveries would not be relevant to the night in question, and I could almost bet that any objection to bringing up this information would be sustained by the judge. Unfortunately, as it stands today, a judge and jury will never hear any of this.

If I were a stripper would that negate the fact that someone who didn't know me or I know them, broke into my house and murdered me? If it's clear that it was a break in and I did not invite this person in, why would me being a stripper be brought up? Just to make me look not so innocent? Do not so innocent people only deserved to not get raped? Do only the best of the best of kids deserve not to get shot down by a gun wielding lunatic? Yes I know this is extremes, but again, who cars about the background of the victim when it has nothing to do with the actual crime?
First of all.....Zimmerman has to be arrested and tried for anything to be relevant in a court of law.

Secondly, irresponsible reporting has EVERYTHING to do with it. You obviously are so blinded in your myopic witchhunt for "justice" that you haven't thought about how the portrayal of these events in the media can affect hundreds of other peoples welfare and affect the retarded majority of Americans perception.

3,045 posts, read 3,200,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Depending on your perspective this is a big or little deal. However what's more troubling to me about this is that his English teacher said he was only suspended for 5 days for tardiness, thus she is a liar.

Trayvon suspended over marijuana; thousands expected at rally - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

Read more here:
Smearing a dead child. You're all class.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:49 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,094,584 times
I can't believe how much of a mess this case seems already. I am beyond confused and not sure how to look at it, but it seems certain groups that are in no way related or had any idea the victim even existed until the point of his death, know all the answers.

Can we all just settle down and come to some sort of logical conclusion based on the evidence as it unfolds?

8,346 posts, read 7,059,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Again, the innocent black boy defense is severely marred by the revelation that the family lied to the media about his suspension.
No it's not.

16,545 posts, read 13,483,446 times
Why? Gold diggers! See even his own parents are trying to cash in on the tragedy!

9,848 posts, read 8,300,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks | The Smoking Gun

MARCH 26--The mother of Trayvon Martin has filed two applications to secure trademarks containing her late son’s name, records show.
Sabrina Fulton is seeking marks for the phrases “I Am Trayvon” and “Justice for Trayvon,” according to filings made last week with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

Just curious, but I'm trying to figure out why one would do this.
Man that is cold, maybe she was the one who provided the bag of weed that got him suspended at school?

31,293 posts, read 20,797,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
And Obama chimes in again in another racially fueled incident before the facts were revealed.

That's what he does. And adds fuel to the fire. Maybe he's trying to mend fences with Jackson.

22,923 posts, read 15,543,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
No report from a medical source? ER? Clinic? attending physician?
Would you be satisfied with a report from the EMT's?

Would you be satisfied with an eyewitness account of him being jumped from behind or otherwise attacked?

This fascination with the depth and breadth of his injuries has gotten me wondering to what difference they will make in the final analysis of laying charges based on him "feeling in emminant danger of loss of life or serious injury".

Your nutty laws are to blame for this clusterflop and the sooner you address the conflict of 2nd amendment rights as pertains to CCW and the propensity for the wrong people to have guns the better!

Old 03-26-2012, 01:50 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,407,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Um no, because a crime is already being committed which led to the assailant getting stabbed. No self defense there. Let's be realistic. If Zimmerman pulled his gun FIRST and threatened Martin's life before anything else, that would not be self defense because his OWN actions caused someone to get killed. You could say that Zimmerman's actions are what killed Martin, which is true, but the actions of Martin caused the gun to come out. If he wouldn't have attacked Zimmerman, he'd still be alive most likely. It's a real tough call, let the law sort it out, not public opinion, the American public are mostly dumb and just believe whatever they read or hear on their nightly network news.
What the hell are you talking about? IF implies that you don't know what happened which is the same thing I just said. How can you say it doesn't matter how it starts and then say "IF Zimmerman pulled his gun first he can't claim self defense" I don't understand the logic you're attempting to use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies