Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 10:45 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,015,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Jobless claims fall to 4-year low - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jobless-claims-fall-four-low-123230460.html - broken link)

Bwahahahahaha!

My name's Chickenfried and I'll be your server today. Now which one of you had the Crow?! Bwahahhahahahahahah!
Does this include the number of people who completely gave up looking for work?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:00 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,078,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Its not all the people on this site, its the republicans who are more concerned with social issues than real issues. With the economy getting better, they have nothing else to stand on in thier febile minds.
No, it is feebleminded people, who allow the tv media to think for them, distort the truth and let the media deflect from the horrible shape the country is in

It sounds like you fell for it.... so sorry

Old 03-23-2012, 08:13 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,207,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Thus far, it appears we are pretty much flat-lining. There has been very little evidence of any real recovery. The employment rate numbers back that hypothesis up.
How can you say the employment rate has flat lined when it has obviously come down? That isn't just regarding the (much disputed) U-3 rate, the U-6 rate was over 17 in 2009 but was 14.9 in February 2012 and initial claims for unemployment are at their lowest since 2008. Is the employment situation good? NOPE. However it has certainly been slowly improving.

There is plenty of other evidence of a slow recovery aside from the gaudy stock market numbers, from bank stability to consumer confidence and spending to manufacturing output and corporate profits. Again, economy good? Nope, still a minefield out there and this slow sputtering recovery could easily be derailed. But I believe one has to be in complete denial to claim there is no evidence of recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Today, America is a shell of its former self as the entire foundation of our economy has been exported to India and China. The situation now is worse than anybody realizes. It wouldn't take much of a shock to send this economy into complete and total systematic failure. Think Zimbabwe.
Shell of our former self = GDP of almost 15 trillion dollars?

Entire foundation exported =

Zimbabwe = pointless hyperbole

Old 03-23-2012, 08:30 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,207,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
It is initial jobless claims, as in you just lost your job and are filing for unemployment for the first time.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Jobless claims fall to 4-year low - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jobless-claims-fall-four-low-123230460.html - broken link)

Bwahahahahaha!

My name's Chickenfried and I'll be your server today. Now which one of you had the Crow?! Bwahahhahahahahahah!
If you think this is bothering the Republicans think again. There is more to the figures than we see, but we are all happy when more people can go back to work.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:36 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,483,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Anyone who gave up looking for work obviously doesn`t really need to work.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:53 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,576,703 times
Instead of partisanship why don't we look at reality? What does a 55 year old American Accountant has to offer the US economy that a 24 year old Grad student who is based on Global finance doesn't? The world has changed.
Unemployment is high is because a lot of people no longer have "marketable" skills anymore. The dynamics of the world has changed within the last 10-15 years.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,574,961 times
Default GOP: "Damn! Damn! Damn! Unemployment claims at 4-year low, wudda we do?'

Good news for Americans is bad news for the GOP.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:45 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,335,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
but we are all happy when more people can go back to work.
Oh like hell you are.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:16 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,460,260 times
Quote:
Oh like hell you are.

Oh like hell we are, but as of lately you see, so many more need to get back to work, those very people who also lost a home under this administration. Don't fake it with me please.

For business we travel the Country, i talk to people myself, maybe many of you do not, i do. So many people are hurting very badly still, and as for the numbers, really think i believe these numbers, with the sham jobs out there. Those who lost jobs as the 16 families i know who did under Obama, don't want a fast food job, sorry. They had a decent paying job they were on forever, until the Messiah took over Making very good money, with benefits, and some of these men were on their jobs, over 20 years, so please do not go there with me.
Don't get me started many people in the East are hurting, and also in the South, infact you should hear the complaints, and there are many. Specially as the women and husband i met in Kansas who own their own business, you should hear them, and they blame OBAMA.
I will admit we are a tad better, but then again, no we are not, we are not until we can get out of the current housing criris, until that time, no we will not. There are too many bank owned properties, that have not sold, but bringing the values of our homes down. Guess what, thousands of new foreclosures soon to hit the market, we are not going to improve this economy, until we have a thriving housing market, and most people do realize this.
With many businessess closing thruout the Country, you really think this is a great economy, i sure as hell don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies