Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 07:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,322,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I listened to rightwing talk radio today too -- so now I know where 80 percent of the C-D threads started by the conservatives comes from. This is far from Harvey's best work. Why would the devil be obsessed with sex? I think he'd have better things to think about.
Didn't he say something about the kind of sex that progs are pushing so hard today. I heard this one on GBTV today and thought it sounded like he had seen far into the futher, at least 47 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
If I were the Devil, I would have an entire political party endorse torture and start wars, I would also make sure this party worked to deny people health care so they would die sooner and that money used to preserve life instead went to the military industrial complex.
No, no little one. Not deny health care since nearly every one who wants it today has it without Obamacare. You really don't understand do you?

You prove to me that old people, like me, won't be done in by rationing of health care with us at the bottom of the line. Then you can blame all the problems of today on that other party you are talking about.

Did Harvey say something about the Democrat party in that piece? I think he only pointed out what it is and you jumped in knowing what he meant.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Getting people to kill each other seems far more devilish to me than getting some smut on tv.
Then you really do think that death panels will deny health care to we old people and thereby manage to kill us sooner. I stopped watching modern TV long ago because of the very reason you mentioned, though. I am my own built in censor.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:48 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,666,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Didn't he say something about the kind of sex that progs are pushing so hard today. I heard this one on GBTV today and thought it sounded like he had seen far into the futher, at least 47 years.
I heard it on AM radio this morning. It sounds very, very dated to me, roy.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:50 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,666,828 times
Quote:
Then you really do think that death panels will deny health care to we old people and thereby manage to kill us sooner. I stopped watching modern TV long ago because of the very reason you mentioned, though. I am my own built in censor.
If there were a devil, I think he'd be pushing to devalue human life -- so yeah, he'd probably go for death panels. Knowing the devil, he'd do something like this -- he'd give you a voucher that doesn't cover a very costly life saving procedure, but claim that he's not killing you because you are perfectly free to pay for the procedure out of pocket. Damn devil. That's probably just what he'd do.

I'm glad to hear you are your own censor, roy. I am my own censor too. There are plenty of things I don't want to see or hear, so I choose not to see or hear them. I don't concern myself with what other people see or hear though -- that's for them to decide for themselves.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:58 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,092,095 times
Quote:
Getting people to kill each other seems far more devilish to me than getting some smut on tv.
You must be referring to those 49 people murdered in obama's south side of Chicago in just one month

Old 03-21-2012, 08:05 PM

33,592 posts, read 18,215,849 times
Quote:
Obama is at war. Obama went into Libya without the consent of the congress. Did you forget about that?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:07 PM

27,709 posts, read 16,201,935 times
Quote:
No, no little one. Not deny health care since nearly every one who wants it today has it without Obamacare. You really don't understand do you?

You prove to me that old people, like me, won't be done in by rationing of health care with us at the bottom of the line. Then you can blame all the problems of today on that other party you are talking about.

Did Harvey say something about the Democrat party in that piece? I think he only pointed out what it is and you jumped in knowing what he meant.
Roy your too much tonight..cheers (gotta spread it around first)

Old 03-21-2012, 08:10 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,990,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
You must be referring to those 49 people murdered in obama's south side of Chicago in just one month
That's comforting, Michelle Obama just said she was raising her daughters with Southside Chicago values.

Michelle Obama: We Teach Our Kids South Chicago Values | RealClearPolitics

Old 03-21-2012, 08:13 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,643,308 times
Quote:
Why would the devil be obsessed with sex? I think he'd have better things to think about.
Oh, he does. Lots more... (the sex thing is just the distraction)

"If I were the devil, I would take from those who have and I would give to those who wanted, until I had killed the incentive of the ambitious. And then, my police state would force everybody back to work."

1965: 'If I Were the Devil' (Warning for a Nation) - Paul Harvey - Paul Harvey - Fox Nation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies