Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 11:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,581,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
What is the responsibility of the recipient class?
To crash the world economy, as in Sept 2008, apparently.

How many billions of taxpayer dollars did we provide to the Wall St flunkies who did that? And how many billions did they pay themselves fat bonuses with?

Quote:
We, in the provider class, know what our perceived responsibility is by a constant barrage of "pay more, you greedy pig!" by lefties.
It looks like you don't grasp this thing.

Quote:
So....what is the responsibility of the recipient class other than procreating and demanding "rights" at the expense of others?
See the first point, above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 12:24 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,208,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol... what job is worth $3/hr?!

Even if I hired a homeless person to stuff & mail envelopes for an hour, could you really justify giving them a $5 bill and asking for change?

I'm actually wracking my mind trying to think of what kind of work would be worth $3 for an hour. A high schooler mowing your lawn? Your 8 y/o kid doing chores?
Oh, I'm sure you'll find plenty of wingnuts that would say any manual labor job is worth more than $3 an hour. Wage slavery is alive and well in the GOP. Of course, whatever job they might hold is not paid enough.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:27 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,841,952 times
IMHO if you think a job is worth only $3 an hour you can do it yourself. I'll be glad to sit around and supervise for nothing.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:27 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,497,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Often true. That's what a business owner gets by choosing to be a business owner. That's what an employee gets by choosing to be an employee.
Apparently the burger flipper made the foolish decision to flip hamburgers instead of opening a hamburger stand.

So wage slaves CHOOSE to be wage slaves.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:08 PM

994 posts, read 725,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
There are enough people who need a job though who will take a job at pretty much any rate just so they have some income many times at a level that the employee can not afford to live on so they require government help. Most employers of low paying jobs pay as little as they possibly can despite being able to pay much more aka Walmart.
Yes, that is how supply and demand works. If you provide no specialized skill, knowledge, or capability then you add very little value and your labor will not command a premium price.

Quote:
Employees can only move elsewhere to more money if they can find a job that pays more in many cases they can not.
And that should send a signal that it is time to enhance their marketability with some new skills.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:20 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,497,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Yes, that is how supply and demand works. If you provide no specialized skill, knowledge, or capability then you add very little value and your labor will not command a premium price.

And that should send a signal that it is time to enhance their marketability with some new skills.

How do you measure the value added by a cashier?

And how do you get new skills if you can't afford education or training? I can learn myself accounting but that's not going to get me an accounting job.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:30 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,797,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
What is the responsibility of the recipient class?

We, in the provider class, know what our perceived responsibility is by a constant barrage of "pay more, you greedy pig!"
I agree. White males are greedy ungrateful pigs and need to carry their own weight for a refreshing change. Let the laws be written applicable only to themselves to limit their 'freedom' to abuse all others, and let them pay for their jailer all by themselves.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:58 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,208,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Apparently the burger flipper made the foolish decision to flip hamburgers instead of opening a hamburger stand.

So wage slaves CHOOSE to be wage slaves.
YEP, all those burger flippers passed up all them there golden opportunities because they like minimum wage jobs, and those grease fumes all day are great for their complexion.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:03 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,073,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I agree. White males are greedy ungrateful pigs and need to carry their own weight for a refreshing change. Let the laws be written applicable only to themselves to limit their 'freedom' to abuse all others, and let them pay for their jailer all by themselves.
There are already laws which protect one citizen from from another.

It's called The Constitution.

Read it sometime!

Old 03-22-2012, 06:04 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,073,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
YEP, all those burger flippers passed up all them there golden opportunities because they like minimum wage jobs, and those grease fumes all day are great for their complexion.
Why would someone with any marketable skills be a burger flipper?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies