Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 02:18 PM

742 posts, read 678,961 times

Advertisements

There's hypocrisy on both sides of the same LIE. Ideals as such have been bought out. Don't you see? Divide and conquer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 02:21 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

By the way, Greenwald is a Liberal.

Kudos to Politico for running a front page article highlighting Liberal Hypocrisy. This non-partisan periodical deserves a grand gesture from the public for not cowering to the muted response of the mainstream media and its abject refusal to hold Democrats accountable for their glaring silence and hypocrisy after January 20, 2009.

What if George W. Bush had done that? - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com
1. The ideology isn't hypocritical. Obama supporters who support Obama's actions, but who condemn those same actions when performed by someone else are engaging in hypocrisy.

2. The fact that a liberal is pointing out the hypocrisy is proof that not all liberals engage in such hypocrisy.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:23 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
If Timothy McVeigh had been on vacation in a Middle Eastern country, I'd be OK with assassinating him.
I'm pretty liberal. Seriously? Getting money for re-election is wrong now? When did that become a talking point? IS he .... not supposed to do that? While the other guys ARE doing that? so..... for him to do it is bad, and the others to do it is not bad. Oh! Wait, he's good at it. Let's shame him by reacting against him doing good at it?

You know, if he wasn't getting a lot of money/donations, people would be starting threads like "Obama is Finished! Losing all donors! AHAHAHAHHA!" If he IS getting a lot of money/donations, it's "Obama doesn't care about America! Just money! AHAHAHAHAHA!"

That's hilarious.
You illustrated the OP's point beautifully.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:36 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
1. The ideology isn't hypocritical. Obama supporters who support Obama's actions, but who condemn those same actions when performed by someone else are engaging in hypocrisy.

2. The fact that a liberal is pointing out the hypocrisy is proof that not all liberals engage in such hypocrisy.
I think its pretty clear that liberals by and large have not held Obama to the same standard as GWB. So much so, Politico felt it was justified to make it front page, front and center.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 03-13-2012 at 04:48 PM..

Old 03-13-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
If Timothy McVeigh had been on vacation in a Middle Eastern country, I'd be OK with assassinating him.
I'm pretty liberal. Seriously? Getting money for re-election is wrong now? When did that become a talking point? IS he .... not supposed to do that? While the other guys ARE doing that? so..... for him to do it is bad, and the others to do it is not bad. Oh! Wait, he's good at it. Let's shame him by reacting against him doing good at it?

You know, if he wasn't getting a lot of money/donations, people would be starting threads like "Obama is Finished! Losing all donors! AHAHAHAHHA!" If he IS getting a lot of money/donations, it's "Obama doesn't care about America! Just money! AHAHAHAHAHA!"

That's hilarious.
You missed the point entirely.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:53 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
The due-process-free assassination of U.S. citizens is now reality - Yemen - Salon.com
Did I? I think you missed mine, too. So I guess we press on.

Colonol Jessup was right. *Note* Foul language warning - He says the GD word *

I'd like to believe there are people who don't just need killing. I'd like the world to full of pansies and pretty pink ponies, too. I'd like to believe every cop is honest and sincere and that our government has nothing to hide, while protecting us from monsters.

But, I'm not 10 years old. I'm 40. And there are some People that Just Need Killin'. Court of law? No, Court of 7.62 mm full metal jacket.

Famous Speeches: A Few Good Men - YouTube

Old 03-13-2012, 05:06 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,558 times

Old 03-13-2012, 05:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Both sides may seem to be the same, but only one gets so many free passes from the media.
No equality in policics.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
The due-process-free assassination of U.S. citizens is now reality - Yemen - Salon.com
Did I? I think you missed mine, too. So I guess we press on.

Colonol Jessup was right. *Note* Foul language warning - He says the GD word *

I'd like to believe there are people who don't just need killing. I'd like the world to full of pansies and pretty pink ponies, too. I'd like to believe every cop is honest and sincere and that our government has nothing to hide, while protecting us from monsters.

But, I'm not 10 years old. I'm 40. And there are some People that Just Need Killin'. Court of law? No, Court of 7.62 mm full metal jacket.

Famous Speeches: A Few Good Men - YouTube
The issue is hypocrisy, not the need to raise campaign funds and kill people.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
There was never a "$5.6 Trillion Surplus"

Stop the nonsense lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies