Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:13 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,662,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
She couldnt have left drugs because she used them all. Her daughter probably got a few weaves out of the deal

Lame.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,901,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I, and several others, were called out for speaking ill of a dead guy who manufactured clips to get a nice old lady fired -- and who himself said vile things about Kennedy minutes after his death. And this is the way people speak about Whitney? I don't seem to recall her ever maliciously attacking anyone and getting them fired for political reasons. In fact, I seem to recall she sang a lot of inspirational ballads. Why is it ok to insult her? Because she's black? A woman? Both?
I don't recall saying anything about you or calling you out about anything so you'll have to talk to someone else about that. It's ok to insult her because she is/was a public figure that made some horrible choices in her life which ultimately lead to her death. It has nothing to do with her gender or race, I said the same sort of things about Michael Jackson when he died and he was white.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:17 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,662,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This child who's never worked a day in her life has just inherited a great amount of wealth. We daily talk about things like death taxes and how the super rich leave money to their children in ways that skirt tax loopholes. We also enjoy talking about taking money from the wealthy and giving it to the poor. Of course Whitney didn't do that, she left everything to her spoiled brat drug addict daughter who'll just squander it in a couple years and end up dead just like her crack addict mom.
You are very mean-spirited. Why?

Old 03-07-2012, 08:18 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,742,318 times
Quote:
I don't recall saying anything about you or calling you out about anything so you'll have to talk to someone else about that. It's ok to insult her because she is/was a public figure that made some horrible choices in her life which ultimately lead to her death. It has nothing to do with her gender or race, I said the same sort of things about Michael Jackson when he died and he was white.
Michael Jackson was a child molestor. Yes, I know many chose to forget that at his passing. I didn't. Whitney though? Come on. She was a nice woman who sang some inspirational songs. Really? You want to pick on her?

Old 03-07-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Why pick on Whitney? That is so low. She's not a political figure. She was a sweet girl who developed an unfortunate habit. Do some of you really just hate black women that much?
People said the exact same things when Amy Whinehouse died, was that because she was black too? People said the exact same things about Michael Jackson, he wasn't technically a woman.

You're just too sensitive about this, Whitney wasn't forced to become a crack ***** just like Rush wasn't forced to become addicted to Oxy. People should always be held responsible for their mistakes otherwise other people will never learn from them. If nobody talks about it her daughter might grow up to believe that what he mom did was right.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:19 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,355,996 times
Quote:
Yet you defend drug addict Limbaugh

Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
You are very mean-spirited. Why?
I am? Since when?

I'm honest and blunt, if you don't like the truth don't listen to what I have to say..

Old 03-07-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
When? I laugh at liberals who attack him 24/7 but I've never defended him. I support his right to speak his mind but I think he's as stupid as Whitney Houston was for ruining a great career with drugs.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Michael Jackson was a child molestor. Yes, I know many chose to forget that at his passing. I didn't. Whitney though? Come on. She was a nice woman who sang some inspirational songs. Really? You want to pick on her?
Whitney Houston had the world given to her and she smoked it away, I have very little respect for people like that. I don't believe we should idolize people like that, it gives children the wrong idea of what they should strive for. There are thousands of people who can sing as well if not better than Whitney Houston but they aren't going to get the chances she did. They also aren't going to drown in a bathtub high on drugs.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,190,963 times
Quote:
She was a detested drug addict though, right? I mean, don't you lefties despise people that abuse prescription drugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Yet you are silent about Whitney? I thought people addicted to prescription drugs deserve derision and mocking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies