Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 08:08 PM

13,020 posts, read 19,068,998 times

Advertisements

While his personal failings get most of the attention, the fact is we had great economic performance, including four surpluses, most of his term. And how do you know the episode will be praising the former President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 08:09 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,240,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Another person who can't seem to follow the OP, must be a disease here tonight.
Oh, I get it, it isn't about a lying prez it is about a dem prez that lied....

Old 02-20-2012, 08:15 PM

53,609 posts, read 35,559,925 times
heck yeah, i'm watching it, American Experience is an excellent series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Then you probably hate seeing Ronald "iran-contra" reagun, does that "I don't remember" performance haunt you, too?
FROM THE WASHINGTON TIMES: In the portions of President Clinton's Jan. 17 deposition that have been made public in the Paula Jones case, his memory failed him 267 times. This is a list of his answers and how many times he gave each one.

I don't remember - 71
I don't know - 62
I'm not sure - 17
I have no idea - 10
I don't believe so - 9
I don't recall - 8
I don't think so - 8
I don't have any specific recollection - 6
I have no recollection - 4
Not to my knowledge - 4
I just don't remember - 4
I don't believe - 4
I have no specific recollection - 3

ETA - to pre-empt the 'moonie!!'-shriekers, the entire deposition is available. see for yourself.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ndep031398.htm

Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,481,588 times
I was excited until I clicked on the link and saw that it was about Clinton.

Clinton wasn't a good President, he just wasn't bad.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:23 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,328,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Oh, I get it, it isn't about a lying prez it is about a dem prez that lied....
If the OP was about PBS and Reagan I would have come out with suitable criticizing of him.

You seem to have a disturbing problem with not understanding the content of the OP and staying on topic. Is it a medical or psychological problem?

Old 02-20-2012, 08:23 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,040,392 times
PBS is still on the air??...wow

Clinton was a joke, and him getting a hummer from an intern, and a wife that gave him a free pass for her own political gain, was the least of his stupid moves.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:24 PM

29,920 posts, read 39,677,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
While his personal failings get most of the attention, the fact is we had great economic performance, including four surpluses, most of his term. And how do you know the episode will be praising the former President?
It wasn't at least half-way through.

It did bring up the fact that his marriage was littered with indiscretions.

Then, of course, we fast forward to today's elections where democrats have a new-found moral upstanding when it comes to candidates like Newt.

That's the definition of moral relativism.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:06 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,279,417 times
Funny how Repugs can comment when they don't/won't watch...

If they did I bet they had to hit "mute' when it was told how Clinton raised taxes and IMPROVED THE ECONOMY!!!
SURPLUS SURPLUS NOT under Bush...under CLINTON !

And it's funny how they now IGNORE the Fornicatin' Newt (who villified Clinton while he himself was bonking like a sex crazed rabbit) and are concerned , in hindsight, about Clinton's affairs...FLIP FLOP....

moral relativism.....and Repugs have OBVIOUSLY lost all morals now....they backed Newt.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 PM

23,664 posts, read 17,672,327 times
Just watched it---second half is tomorrow night.

Seems he raised taxes and stopped the spending and it worked. Hope we learn from the past and do the same. Why can't politicians learn what works and do it again? Seems they are too busy rewarding the special interests that got them elected and the American people pay for it all.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:20 PM

29,920 posts, read 39,677,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Funny how Repugs can comment when they don't/won't watch...

If they did I bet they had to hit "mute' when it was told how Clinton raised taxes and IMPROVED THE ECONOMY!!!
SURPLUS SURPLUS NOT under Bush...under CLINTON !

And it's funny how they now IGNORE the Fornicatin' Newt (who villified Clinton while he himself was bonking like a sex crazed rabbit) and are concerned , in hindsight, about Clinton's affairs...FLIP FLOP....

moral relativism.....and Repugs have OBVIOUSLY lost all morals now....they backed Newt.
And ****ing retarded liberals turn the channel when Clinton's genitals puked all over every subservient woman he could find.

Funny how things work huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies