Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 05:11 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
You know what is really weird, is that of all the threads I've started here, this one grew the fastest. I didn't expect it to get this much attention. Now I am just interested as to why it seems to push so many buttons.
Basically you lifted the rock exposing the right winger's true colors loud and clear, now they are frantically running around mad.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:12 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
How can FOX be held accountable for what people post on their comments section?

You can make any case you like about those people who posted that stuff, but blaming it on FOX is dishonest.
^^^ this....

the stupidity of some people holding FOX accountable for their peanut gallery of viewers is more scary than anything...

Old 02-12-2012, 05:13 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
You know what is really weird, is that of all the threads I've started here, this one grew the fastest. I didn't expect it to get this much attention. Now I am just interested as to why it seems to push so many buttons.
I suspect it has a lot to do with a perceived attempt at bashing "conservatives" while opening the door for liberals to once again play their hopelessly overused race card.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:16 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Basically you lifted the rock exposing the right winger's true colors loud and clear, now they are frantically running around mad.
Your hypocrisy is really disturbing.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:16 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
No, you are not expressing your opinion on their hate ... you are propagating their hate and what's worse is its not coming from conservatives on Fox ... its coming from sick individuals on the internet just spreading hate and racism.
I definitely agree with you on that last thought.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:17 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
^^^ this....

the stupidity of some people holding FOX accountable for their peanut gallery of viewers is more scary than anything...
Every one of these posters are so damn ignorant. They are the most prolific posters on C-D, and they are all just a bunch of ignorant leftists!

What liars!

Old 02-12-2012, 05:18 PM

994 posts, read 724,962 times
Quote:
I didn't post this as a criticism of Fox news, more to point out the insane level of hate and racism that some people are capable of spewing on someone's tragic death. This is not much different from the Westboro church people protesting at soldier's funerals.

Sadly, I am always surprised by people's capacity for hatred.
Yeah, sure. You didn't mean to call out Fox News. It's just "some people". No had no idea or intention of starting yet another "let's bash conservatives" thread, despite your posting history being full of bashing conservatives. Total coincidence.

You felt the need to put "by Fox News commenters" in the title of your thread purely out of a desire to be technically accurate, right?

Come on.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:21 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
LOL.

Some of you are just as bad as those mean nasty monsters from FOX. Just a different label. Remember that.
The comments made on Fox's videos and articles online are no more representative of their viewers than certain ****posters here on CD are representative of the population of people using CD.
Amen!

Shall we make a list here of the C-D posters that fit this? I would probably have a "Infraction" filed. I would love to. But, we know who they are.

One of the worst ones on here apparently does not like New York City much.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:22 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
I would not put it past left wing low lifes to be the ones posting those hateful comments, just to make Fox News--and conservatives--look bad. Reading through only a few of those comments and from the language used, they could all well be from a single poster--the language is very similar.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
That is just plain strange then. I just turned on Fox because of you, and they were paying tribute to her, talking about what a great loss and what a talent she is. They also went to her hometown, and to her church, and the women interviewer from fox was really moved.

You cannot blame fox, no more then MSNBC last night i was reading comments, and they were not so nice, no one can control a person's thought, and Fox no more then MSNBC OR CNN or any of the other news outlets should be responsbile for what someone puts on an internet site.

I read some not so nice things about her, on the front page last night, comments of what people thought, can't control what people think. And lo and behold, it was not Fox.

And there one was CD poster, who did not say the greatest things about her, how can you control what others think, you can't.

Fox would not bother going to her hometown, if they were going to sit here and talk bad about her, someone starting a lot of nothing.

Some of the comments from my MSN homepage las nite were not exactly nice either, i am not going to hold MSN responsible for what others think about the passing of Whitney, that is not MSN'S fault any more then how Fox can control what idiots think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies