Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 10:37 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Seriously, do you really want me to start quoting the bible? Also, all religions are made up cults.
Seriously, do you really want to dig up the mixed motives of why the Bible was out of humanity's hands for as long as it was? On the one hand being the sole owner of the Bible made everyone come to me so that I might tax them for permission, since I as guardianship role now become the sole proprietor 'owning' God. On the other hand, people void of scruples, self discipline or education cannot help but make mockery of what is sacred. Like any other jerk who marries a good wife and takes it upon himself to sell her in Thailand for a bowl of opium.

Give a moron like that a Bible, he can make it read whatever he wants it to read just like Hitler did. That's what Evangelicals recently did in Africa. Hand a bible to a preacher without a sincere commitment and solid theological education and in his wake are communities murdering children under the 'suffer not a witch to live'. It is not an INSTRUCTION. It is a record of an era in history pointing at WHAT NOT TO DO. Similarly the tale of Isaac getting a wacky notion in his head-- don't REPEAT don't sacrifice your children as a loyalty oath to God! Your logic pulling old testament out of context would declare that teaching about the Holocaust= instruction for how to pull off the next Holocaust.

I'm not in any way missing the irony that the same criticism I'm pointing at you in this moment also belongs to wackaloon clergy printing themselves license to manipulate people "in the name of the lord". Freedom of religion allows people the freedom to abuse religion. That's the problem and has been even as the Bible was being written by men allowing the beam in their own eyes resulting in confusion for clergy & flock alike. It's a miracle that truth and love has prevailed thus far. Not a guarantee, both take considerable hard work to glean, and there you are spitting at those working to uphold peace and civilization. I just don't know if there is anything that is ever going to wake you from this delusion you're living that disasters are all too often MAN MADE by avoiding commandments out of spiteful arrogance.

It would be fine if you PREFER to be ignorant about why Christians do what they do, or what it is that shapes their decision making process in their own lives, but trotting out false accusations against huge swaths of people that you haven't qualified yourself about is all about you. You are as guilty of what you accuse. If your definition of Christian is so demented, you'll never know when a false christian is selling you a bill of goods anymore than the Vatican deluded itself that all pagans were intrinsically evil centuries ago. The only reason anyone is aware of their historical mistakes is because they admitted them! They prevailed, and yet, wrote the truth about their own errors so that all might do better. Holding only the negative up as a means of detracting all worth of the whole of Christianity is lying. You've disqualified your own opinion out the gate (embrace ignorance= the definition of atheism?) and have the temerity to claim yourself to be the victim. Shall we indict all atheists in the next round of dueling misnomer "holy wars" based on YOUR behavior? Look at the world YOU are making.

There is no difference between yourself and a false christian fundie who would claim nothing in microscopes is real because it's not in the Bible when you're irrationally claiming nothing in the Bible is real because it's not able to be understood through the lens of a microscope. It's a grievous lack of character you're displaying believing yourself righteous in competing brands of 'made it up, therefore, it's absolute truth'. This is why America is fed up being held hostage by extremes of all sides vying for supremacy abusing discourse as an exercise of wading through a million miles of raw sewage for the privilege of establishing a single square inch of truth we can stand on, only to have you poop on it.

You're as obnoxious as any false bravado confederate abusing an America he never cared to live in and refuses to take responsibility for himself. Keep your poop to yourself and if you don't want to be an American when you're living here, you are free to leave. You're not free to abuse Americans or true religious. The Hatfield McCoy nation you've earned is over yonder in Afghanistan. Live there. All others here are obliged to get along and refrain from abusing legislation as a license to prey on one another leaving the rest of us paying with OUR lives for YOUR nonsense.

I remain a Christian American no matter the volume of false accusations from false christians, false atheists, or false americans dragging the rest of us into their therapy on a national scale. I still defend gays right to exist against those abusing American law to inflict themselves on my countrymen. I insist they are children of God as any other willing to acknowledge that of themselves. I insist they are Americans. Let no one impede anyone from being as fully responsible for themselves and embracing their free will as TRUE Americans. Rights (AKA responsibilities) are intrinsic, not up for grabs to the highest bidders in a vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Seems to me that JCP has gained plenty of positive PR just by standing their ground. The "controversy", such as it was, was fabricated by the Christian Hate Delivery System of the hour, and it has gained a lot of attention for a very run-of-the-mill ad campaign featuring a fairly innocuous spokesperson.

So - could it be that it's the overly hysterical reaction towards a gay spokesperson that's actually controversial?
1. They are NOT Christians.
2. They are spoiled rotten biddies demanding a corporation abuse an employee to satisfy their disney world view.
3. ^5 JCP showing them the door and getting back to business. Something cows of bashan can't be bothered with themselves. A BIBLICAL reference scolding THEIR behavior??? Rut Roh. See? NOT a Christian. We just play one on TV.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Exactly! It's not like the commercial was Ellen holding hands and kissing a woman.

She's a woman who just happens to be gay, and happens to not want to keep it in the closet.

Manufactured controversy by busy body "million moms"! Typical conservative obsession with controlling the personal lives of others.
Soon they will legislate that 2 women may not be near one another for any purpose whatsoever. Child rearing, school settings, the nursing professions all abolished to save us from the scourge of gays. Young girls may no longer have female friends either, for fear of indoctrination.

Followed by legislation that women may also not be in the company of men, for fear she might be a manstealer like those gays. Get her fired. Prohibit her from work anywhere.

Which would leave the majority of Americans cramped as nomads on the Appalachian trail living off nuts and berries. Until that's legislated against too for failure to conform to their gated community lifestyle choice. Can't we just position the national guard around these gated communities and prevent these Truman show retards from escaping to dictate foreign policy? I'm just sayin...

Old 02-11-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
He'd also be turning in his grave if he knew they let Jews go to Disney World, let alone serve on the corporate board.
His selective attention disease started early enough when he forgot communist Reagan, a member and leader of communist SAG, was on his public enemy list not a decade prior on opening day ceremony for Disneyland. Be sure to peruse his congressional testimony in archives sometime.

It's everyone else wrong. Not me. Why, I've never destroyed peoples lives bearing false witness to vanquish a competitor. I'm an upstanding respectable citizen. ::innocent look:::

Love his work, but how he went about things is, unfortunately, incongruous with the inspiring messages he was promoting. Tip of the hat to Mickey and Bugs moral of the tales just the same. The best we can do is plenty, and hey, I get why protestants wouldn't want to find themselves on the wrong side of yet another witch hunt. I'm just hoping we'd all grow up sometime soon and refrain from hysterical abolishment of french fries in French Walt Disney's park. Ya know?

Old 02-11-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
In this response, Ellen says "There are only about 40,000 on their facebook page. They're rounding up to the nearest million, and I get that."

LOL!
You know what I like most about that video? She's teaching gay kids how to stand up for themselves. She's teaching many others plenty too. Bravo, Ellen. Bravo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies