Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 12:24 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,221,148 times

Advertisements

The guy has a lot of anger, which is normal. For his sake I hope he comes to grips with it. I would think his wife wouldn't want him to be so angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 12:39 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,612,503 times
What about the other victims? there were cildren and young people who died in that tragedy. This guy doesnt have the monopoly on grief.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:41 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,221,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
What about the other victims? there were cildren and young people who died in that tragedy. This guy doesnt have the monopoly on grief.
All I can say is when I'm gone I don't want my family to be angry or bitter. Live every moment to the fullest because life is short

Old 01-11-2012, 01:01 PM

1,081 posts, read 916,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If he's in the military, he certainly should understand meaningless violent acts where innocent people die.
He's making his career at it.
A.d this statement comes from a person that earns their living off the military haha

Old 01-11-2012, 01:04 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,412,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Each person copes with loss in their own way. My mom decides to try and play caretaker. Its her way of grieving and getting past it. My grandmother is melodramatic and acts as if she herself is physically dying.

I've always had a strange acceptance of death. I miss those that are gone, but it isn't the end of the world. However, if it were my kids, I'd probably lose it.

The point is, he has a right to grieve any way he needs to, no one can tell him what is right and wrong. He will get over it, or he won't, it really makes no difference to me. Thats life.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:31 PM

59,203 posts, read 27,403,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
To what purpose was the fact that he is a Marine (there is no such ling as a former Marine) used?

At 77 I'll bet he was "former" many things. Why weren't any of them mentioned?

I think there is an agenda here somewhere.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:49 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,490,943 times
Even in death there is no rest.

[from the political posturing]

Old 01-11-2012, 01:51 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,528,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Perhaps it should.
No it doesn't and it won't....you see words mean something.
Perhaps you would like to go back and read the thread, my comment
and then look at the actual quote. (below) Further, the poster I asked that of stated that another poster said that, that was not so.

"According to the Arizona Republic, Mr Morris has since met a new partner online and was considering selling his home to move in with her."

Last edited by sundrop; 01-11-2012 at 02:04 PM..

Old 01-11-2012, 02:04 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,528,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I agree with you that everyone grieves differently, that there is no right or wrong way to grieve. Anger is part of the grieving process. But blaming Giffords for the death of his wife is misdirecting that anger, and the people on this thread who've noted that are also not wrong. Because he's blaming the target of the violence instead of the person who committed the violence, his anger can never be resolved. Giffords will never be held responsible for the shooting, and this man's anger will simply continue to build, not go away over time. When people feel anger over something, it's about accountability, a sense of injustice. This man wants Giffords held accountable, something that's not going to happen, and so his sense of injustice will always be an open wound. Grieving is about healing, but his anger won't let him heal, and that's why posters are concerned for him.
The article states that he questioned Kelly's call for not having security present. (makes me wonder if there had been a threat made?)

He also blamed Mr Kelly for his wife's death, adding: 'I'd like to debate our dear captain astronaut (and ask) why he didn't have security. My wife would still be alive.'

It is not up to me, you or anyone else to critique this person for the way he grieves. I see very little concern in these posts but more of a raking through the coals because he is just plain angry. It doesn't make him a bad person or a crazy person, it makes him someone who has lost. Certainly, there is anger within himself as he tried to protect his wife. Nothing more, nothing less. I guess it is easy for one to sit behind a computer screen and play the role of psychologist but that does not make it right.

With that said, the lady who took the young girl (Greene) to the meeting that day, was on 60 minutes this past week...she is still grieving, in a whole different way. I guess some would say, she should spend her days in a dark room alone for taking that beautiful young girl that day, after all that child is gone because of that action.

They are all victims, there are many and it is tragic....it should be left as that. Not everything in this country is up for debate and scrutiny.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:11 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,913,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
The article states that he questioned Kelly's call for not having security present. (makes me wonder if there had been a threat made?)

He also blamed Mr Kelly for his wife's death, adding: 'I'd like to debate our dear captain astronaut (and ask) why he didn't have security. My wife would still be alive.'

It is not up to me, you or anyone else to critique this person for the way he grieves. I see very little concern in these posts but more of a raking through the coals because he is just plain angry. It doesn't make him a bad person or a crazy person, it makes him someone who has lost. Certainly, there is anger within himself as he tried to protect his wife. Nothing more, nothing less. I guess it is easy for one to sit behind a computer screen and play the role of psychologist but that does not make it right.

With that said, the lady who took the young girl (Greene) to the meeting that day, was on 60 minutes this past week...she is still grieving, in a whole different way. I guess some would say, she should spend her days in a dark room alone for taking that beautiful young girl that day. That child is gone because of that action.

They are all victims, there are many and it is tragic....it should be left as that. Not everything in this country is up for debate and scrutiny.
This man has my complete sympathy for the loss he's suffered. I cannot imagine his pain. But I do see concern for him from many of the posters. It's certainly not up to us to criticize the way he grieves, except that he's made the way he's grieving public. In that sense, when he speaks publicly, blaming Mr Kelly, then he has paved a way for a public response. That response, actually, may be a part of the grieving process. When faced with a devastating loss, we all have to work through our grief in our own individual ways, but when we communicate that grief, we aren't just venting. We are asking for input, asking that our anger be validated, asking for some sense that we are dealing with our grief productively. So when Mr Morris or any of the other victims of this tragedy speak publicly about their feelings, the public response is part of the process, too, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies