Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:57 AM

78,523 posts, read 60,718,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I am well under 50. I'm 22

My issue is racist individuals who call problems to the Black community just for the sake of it--they do it to give themselves a false sense of superiority over us--they have NO intentions on offering a solution to the problem or actually getting involved in organizations that will help the black community. They just sit behind a computer and say all blacks are on welfare, all blacks are ignorant, all blacks are in jail, all blacks commit the most crimes. It turns into a bash fest about minorities. Their obsession with finding everything wrong with the black community is sick.

There are many black people who are going to school, who are getting higher degrees, and starting their own businesses but highlighting that doesn't give them a false sense of superiority over us.
I agree with you.

However, these small minded racist trolls have succeeded at least in one way. They've made it exceedingly difficult to address problems within the black community without meeting a backlash. (ie. Bill Cosby) Heck, go check out the Detroit forum where criticizing ex-mayor Kilpatrick (who is in prison) is being branded as racism.

Heck, I live in KS and I even get defensive over the repeat lies and 1/2 truths of the small minded that keep trolling through that forum so I can understand a fraction of how hard it is to be honestly introspective when under constant attack from idiots.

Best of luck.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,123,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
That's your perception, perhaps, but I don't think anyone is saying "all" blacks are doing anything.

You are correct in saying that many black people are doing to college, starting businesses, etc......but I also believe that black people are very quick to dismiss the sad statistics that do plague the black community, as if they don't exist.

There is a culture problem in the black community that is not 100% a fault of their own. But lets be honest. Anyone can stop the revolving door, and the fact of the matter is that out of wedlock births, crime, prison populations, etc. are tearing the black community apart. So why do you insist on calling out "racism" for those of us see it happening?
Many of these racists Whites on here just like to browbeat the worst aspects of the black community to try to humiliate African Americans. You have no intentions on trying to fix any of the problems going on, nothing productive is ever said in these type of threads. You keep talking about something that has NO affect on your community whatsoever, so why are you so interested in it especially since you're not trying to change it for the better? How much longer are you going to talk about the out of wedlock births or the low marriage rates amongst AA women? The out-of-wedlock issue that is going on in the black community is not going to end tomorrow--it's not something that can be fixed over night. However, there are many BW who are TRYING to put an end to this viscious cycle--hence the increase in BW who are getting degrees and remaining childless until marriage.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
So you make these blanket statements but are too afraid to back them up. Not surprised. You even refuse to define a typical black Democrat voter.
What do you want me to back up? I refuse to get into some deep conversation with someone who doesn't care about facts and only wants to troll in order to get people they don't like banned. I didn't refuse to define anything, I just ignore all of your requests.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:59 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,221,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Anyone who points out facts that aren't pretty is a racist to many ignorant liberals in this forum.

Now let's stop trying to hide it and stop trying to attack those who are smart enough to realize it. .
Kinda hard when you are afraid to answer a question I've asked you multiple times on this thread. I'll ask again, what do you consider a typical Black Democrat voter?

Quote:
What do you want me to back up? I refuse to get into some deep conversation with someone who doesn't care about facts and only wants to troll in order to get people they don't like banned. I didn't refuse to define anything, I just ignore all of your requests.
You made a comment about typical black democrat voters, I asked you what that meant, and you claim it's a deep conversation? You claim to ignore me, yet respond to my posts??? Sounds like you are afraid to state your own views, instead defer to "facts" Don't understand why, you are anonymous. Muster up some courage. So be it, whatever.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:59 AM

855 posts, read 1,174,109 times
Quote:
They aren't appalled at all, they're embarrassed by many in the black community who actually buy into the crap being sold by Democrats. I know a lot of black people who are doing quite well for themselves, they aren't followers of the NAACP bull****, they aren't raising children to live on the government teet and they don't expect anyone to hand them anything... they're clearly not the typical black Democrat voter and they don't relate to that type of entitlement lifestyle.
regarding the part in bold, most black people (dems or otherwise) don't teach their kids that. It's newt's rather insulting insinuation that blacks expect government handouts that's most offensive. His blanket generalization that blacks--which many could infer means most blacks--want welfare only perpetuates dated stereotypes of them being on welfare, lazy, etc. which by and large isn't the case.

Are there blacks on welfare? YES. No one is denying that or ignoring any issues that affect the black community. But to only call out black people as not wanting to work, while ignoring the root and subsequent solutions for an economic problem that affects ALL AMERICANS, is disingenuous.

I just wonder why he's chosen to focus on the NAACP and black people as opposed to the problems of America's poor in general. Why play the outdated race card (unless you were pandering to a particular cohort who already holds such generalized views as blacks as a whole being on welfare)?

Old 01-06-2012, 10:02 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,478,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
I just wonder why he's chosen to focus on the NAACP and black people as opposed to the problems of America's poor in general.
Remember, he made comments about poor children without distinguishing between white and minority children.

He also made comments about the OWS crowd.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_phoenix View Post
Gingrich to black people: paychecks, not food aid

Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich said Thursday he is willing to go before the NAACP and urge blacks to demand paychecks, not food stamps.

Gingrich told a town hall meeting at a senior center in Plymouth, N.H., that if the NAACP invites him to its annual convention this year, he'd go there and talk about "why the African-American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps."

He also said he'd pitch a new Social Security program aimed at helping young people, particularly African-American males, who he said get the smallest return on Social Security.

Gingrich routinely lambasts President Barack Obama as the "best food stamp president in American history." He also has spoken previously about welcoming an invitation from the NAACP to speak and has been critical of GOP candidates who have not accepted such an invitation.

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People had no immediate comment on Gingrich's remarks. His campaign spokesman, R.C. Hammond, said the former Georgia congressman has often said the GOP needs to be inclusive of all Americans.

"He has said since he became a presidential candidate that any Republican should always accept an invitation to speak to the NAACP on any topic," Hammond said.

Gingrich's comments follow those by rival candidate Rick Santorum, a former senator from Pennsylvania who said Sunday that he did not want to "make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money. I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money."

Santorum's comments were criticized by National Urban League President Marc H. Morial as pandering to racist elements within the GOP. Morial also said that 70 percent of people on food stamps are white. The Agriculture Department does not break down food stamp participation rates by race.

NAACP President Ben Jealous also criticized Santorum's remarks.

Food stamp participation and costs have risen under Obama, from 28.2 million participants at a cost of $37.6 billion in 2008 to 44.7 million participants at a cost of $75.3 billion last year, according to federal data of what is officially known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. The increases followed the steep economic downturn that began in 2008.

Gingrich said if he has a chance to go before the NAACP, he would explain a "brand-new Social Security opportunity" for young people, "which would be particularly good for African-American males, because they are the group that gets the smallest return on Social Security."

More whites are on food stamps then blacks Newt. Are you going to give the same lecture to a group of Evangelicals?
you are sure all these statements were made, in not taken out of context right? And you are sure blacks do not vote Republican, tell that to Clarence T, Candalisa R, Tom Sowell, JC Watts, Herman Cain, A. West for starters or tell my good friends from the church I attended in NM who happen to be black and retired military.

I could go on and on...

Nita

Old 01-06-2012, 10:07 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,487,640 times
Blacks are content, by and large, to stay on the Democrats Plantation, where the crop farmed is votes.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:08 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,678,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
So what should he have said? Welfare instead of paychecks? Then would blacks vote Republican?

Seems the OP thinks that black people will never vote Republican because Republicans suggest jobs over welfare?
No........we will not vote Republican because that party - and you, apparently - assume that most of us are on welfare (or otherwise government dependent) and not working to earn our own money to begin with.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:09 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,221,148 times
This is why Blacks will never vote Republican

Because of comments like these????

Quote:
blacks make up the majority of those collecting welfare in this country. They also make up much higher percentages of those living in subsidized housing. That's not racist, that's a FACT.
Quote:
You could always take the alternative offered by Democrats which is gov. subsidized housing, welfare, WIC cards, gov. subsidized healthcare, gov. subsidized day care and free school meals for as many children as you can pop out... fathers not required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Blacks are content, by and large, to stay on the Democrats Plantation, where the crop farmed is votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.