Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 01:17 PM

19,792 posts, read 14,009,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Well if there has been no inflation the last three years why did they give me a cost of living allowance of $120.00 extra a month at the first of this year? I never have received such a large raise before? The last three years they said no raise because there was no inflation.

Stable prices surely you jest been to the grocery store lately?

Buy gas much?

Your right about interest rates being low thats why my assets are going out of the banks and into realestate,railroad stock.

Wait and see the numbers when the Christmas Holiday employment comes to an end.
Your post is clear illustration of subjectivity. When gasoline rose to nearly $4/gal in June everyone yelled 'inflation.' But when it fell to $3.20 nobody paid any attention.

Food and gasoline rise and fall sharply, that's why they are excluded from CORE inflation measures. Housing is 25% of the CPI and a much larger factor for a family's costs and housing has been falling. This is why the CPI is comprised of hundreds of items.

As anyone can see, the rise from 2005 to 2008 was greater than the rise since 2008.

In any case, the world isn't on the verge of economic collapse. I have no idea what your $120 increase is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 01:27 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,101,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Clearly, it isn't just Obama that is ant-gun. Obama is just one man. If 364M other Americans want guns, there will be guns. Why are you concerned? Um... let me guess. You are afraid Obama will win another term. Period. Guns have nothing to do with it.

By now, every American that wants a gun has two of them. We passed the saturation point years ago. If I were President I would see no reason to appoint justices that had viewpoints counter to mine. How many more rednecks need to shoot their own hoo hoo's off before you believe all this 2nd Amendment stuff maybe wasn't such a good idea when taken out of its original context?

H
Wrong. It's not rednecks who legally own guns that are the problem, its the inner city thugs who illegally own guns causing the most problems in this country. Wake up.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,388,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
No, the idiots are the ones (you?) who get their propaganda/news from Fox Boobs.

President Obama is not after your guns, but hey! if you want to go buy another one or two or three because the gun manufacturers, the NRA, and Fox tells you to, well....have at it. LOL

So gullible.
Tell us that you don't get most of your information from MSNBC and then we sill start to accept your Fox News crap.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
This is how they do it.

Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult | Truthout

To be sure, the business wing of the Republican Party consists of the most energetic outsourcers, wage cutters and hirers of sub-minimum wage immigrant labor to be found anywhere on the globe. But the faux-populist wing of the party, knowing the mental compartmentalization that occurs in most low-information voters, played on the fears of that same white working class to focus their anger on scapegoats that do no damage to corporations' bottom lines: instead of raising the minimum wage, let's build a wall on the Southern border (then hire a defense contractor to incompetently manage it). Instead of predatory bankers, it's evil Muslims. Or evil gays. Or evil abortionists.
That sounds just like Truthout. Of course, none of their "stuff" is dreamed up for use with people like you who will accept anything they say. That one is an exact of the blog I like to put on here to listen to some of you people, Godfather Politics. Tell me about that group but read something from them first.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:41 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,443,175 times
Can you say paranoid?

Old 01-03-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Clearly, it isn't just Obama that is ant-gun. Obama is just one man. If 364M other Americans want guns, there will be guns. Why are you concerned? Um... let me guess. You are afraid Obama will win another term. Period. Guns have nothing to do with it.

By now, every American that wants a gun has two of them. We passed the saturation point years ago. If I were President I would see no reason to appoint justices that had viewpoints counter to mine. How many more rednecks need to shoot their own hoo hoo's off before you believe all this 2nd Amendment stuff maybe wasn't such a good idea when taken out of its original context?

H
Is there a chance that I could get you to explain that original context? I didn't think so.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The NRA and the gun manufactures are creating hysteria because they know that conservatives are easily lead and mislead. Just look at all the money they both made after Obama was elected and then nothing happened to our right to own guns.
Clinton too. Gun merchants vote Democratic. They might deny it but for them Democrats in office is where the money is and the smart ones, or really just the not so stupid ones. know that Democrats are never going to take away the guns

Old 01-03-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Seems that all the liberals can do is blame the Republicans. They have nothing but opinion to support their statements (as usual), but are quick to blame ANYONE but Obama.

Would be nice if one of them posted a link or two supporting their theories,...but I won't hold my breath. All we get from most of them is just opinion, and little to substantiate their views.

Thanks for posting the link.
Well, Sol, one of them did post something from Truthout but it took in too many anti- right things for me to believe that it was anything but an attack on those of us who dislike Prince Barack.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
His intent has been so obvious right from the beginning. He intends to take the guns at his first chance and the new round up all the terrorists, citizen or not, may be the beginning. If they can find any way to come after you and you own guns they will take them along and tie them in knots like the Europeans did some time ago.

I see no protection from the 2nd Amendment once one of the old poops on the Supreme Court passes on, unexpectedly. If he can get rid of either Scalia or Kennedy the court will be voting 5 - 4 in support of his anti-gun works.
If either of those two kicks the bucket the cons will claim Obama killed them

Old 01-03-2012, 01:47 PM

59,554 posts, read 27,748,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There are a lot of opinions posted on both sides of the argument. Where are the facts? Not from the NRA or Fox or CNN. Real, unbiased facts about laws passed. It seems like it should be fairly objective to look at legislation regarding guns under each President's administration.
Where, in your opinion, do you suggest we find the un-biased facts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies