Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 08:25 AM

13,186 posts, read 15,054,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The left wing CELEBRATED Obama killing Bin Laden, now all of a sudden people are ticked about it? Make up your mind.

Remember one of Obamas first acts? The killing of children who hijacked a boat? Another act Democrats celebrated, who said it was a sign of presidential leadership.

The left and their non stop flip flopping.
The left wing celebrated it? .....LOL

How many liberal pundits would you like me to list that had grave reservations about what happened?

But that's just another thing your are clueless about.

The actual law this thread is about, is giving the Pres the power to detain US citizens on his say so alone, for however long he wishes, with no due process.

You can't even get the issue correct.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:28 AM

12,867 posts, read 15,002,035 times
so can we all at least agree that obama, by signing and putting the power of force behind this bill, isn't looking out for the best interests of american citizens?

maybe the democrats should have someone running against him, unless they aren't for civil liberties either.

i also see that there is a new bill to potentially take away american citizenship (from a comment by a nathan's economic edge poster):

Here is a bill introduced into congress designed to take away your citizenship if you oppose the government. This sort of thing starts to bother me. I see our democracy and right of free speech slowly being taken away by crap like this. S. 1698: Enemy Expatriation Act (GovTrack.us)

Old 01-01-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Remember when Obama ordered the assisination of the boat hijackers? The left CELEBRATED this act.

And the killing of Bin Laden, who was NEVER found guilty in a court of law, you guys call this act an "accomplishment" and belive its a reason to re-elect Obama.

Why are you flip floppping pad? Now you object to both of these acts?
My God. The guy doesn't even know the contents of the law in question and is raving about some separate issue....LOL

Old 01-01-2012, 08:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,475,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The left wing celebrated it? .....LOL

How many liberal pundits would you like me to list that had grave reservations about what happened?

But that's just another thing your are clueless about.

The actual law this thread is about, is giving the Pres the power to detain US citizens on his say so alone, for however long he wishes, with no due process.

You can't even get the issue correct.
So now you are going to deny that there wasnt thread after thread celebrating Obama killing of Bin Laden? Really? Get real..

You had no problem pronouncing Bin Ladens guilt before
Quote:
He kept us safe. After getting a briefing entitled " Bin Laden determined to strike US" ...they did nothing...and then 9/11 happens on their watch.
Why the flip flop?

Old 01-01-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
My God. The guy doesn't even know the contents of the law in question and is raving about some separate issue....LOL
Obama very well did sign the law, dont play stupid with me.
Obama Signs Defense Bill Despite 'Serious Reservations'

"I have signed this bill despite having serious reservations with certain provisions that regulate the detention, interrogation, and prosecution of suspected terrorists," Obama said in the signing statement.

Jees, isnt this the same thing the left objected to under Bush?

Ooh wait, thats right.. it was fine when Obama USED the law

Obama criticized them during the Bush administration, but has found the practice useful on a handful of occasions

In this case, Obama argued that the changes Congress made to the bill affirm only authorities that the Bush and Obama administrations have already claimed in fighting terrorism

Dont stand here and pretend the left wing didnt celebrate the assisnation of Bin Laden

Old 01-01-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Likely, he doesn't like babbling posters going about some issue not the subject of the thread. So not only do you not know what you are talking about, but you don't know what you are talking about in the wrong thread....LOL
So now Obama didnt kill Bin Laden? You guys are so tough to keep your positions straight.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:36 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,950,573 times
the only reason pghquest is going after obama is because obama signed the bill, even though almost his entire republican party supported the bill and brought it to obama to sign.

hes chained to the republicans in the imaginary l vs. r fight.

obama signing the bill proves to me what ive said for months on here, that both parties are the same.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
So now you are going to deny that there wasnt thread after thread celebrating Obama killing of Bin Laden? Really? Get real..

You had no problem pronouncing Bin Ladens guilt before

Why the flip flop?
Here is the full thread showing AGAIN your confusion.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...esidnet-2.html

I wasn't defending Obama, I was being sarcastic towards Bush.

You've got to be able to comprehend before you can understand.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
the only reason pghquest is going after obama is because obama signed the bill, even though almost his entire republican party supported the bill and brought it to obama to sign.

hes chained to the republicans in the imaginary l vs. r fight.

obama signing the bill proves to me what ive said for months on here, that both parties are the same.
According to Obama, the bill doesnt change a thing

In this case, Obama argued that the changes Congress made to the bill affirm only authorities that the Bush and Obama administrations have already claimed in fighting terrorism

So why all of a sudden the fake left wing outrage?

Old 01-01-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Here is the full thread showing AGAIN your confusion.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...esidnet-2.html

I wasn't defending Obama, I was being sarcastic towards Bush.

You've got to be able to comprehend before you can understand.
So you dont think Obama should have killed Bin Laden.. I asked you a question, you havent answered it now twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies