Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 10:40 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,329,583 times

Advertisements

Cisco, I failed to read every post in this thread since it became pretty tiring seeing so much over and over, but I did some looking and find that the IEA is a part of the UN. Now who was it that first pushed this global warming stuff with things like hockey sticks and the like? It seems to me that the UN has beein giving money to all kinds of people who do the research that defends their position and not one penny to those who try to dissuade us from that crap. In case you want to see some proof of what I say about the IEA here is an excellent link.

International Energy Agency - Climate Change (http://www.iea.org/subjectqueries/keyresult.asp?KEYWORD_ID=4106 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 12:45 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,460,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
If that were not a factor, then when a volcano blows, and spews 100 times more CO2 into the atmosphere in one minute than all the fossil fuels do in one year, how do they give fossil fuels that much credit?

So, if we're going to look at the CO2 that comes from fossil fuels, when a volcano puts out many times more, we had better also start looking at the by-product of energy consumption as well, because that is also a source of heat on the planet. It is also increasing every year.
The CO2 in the air currently has a different number of Isotopes then CO2 found in nature. The only way it can be that was is via internal engine combustion.

The other key fact is that based on ice core samples from around the world, there is a steady correlation in the Earth's axial tilt, historical global warming, and CO2 levels. Right now the Earth's axial tilt is the exact opposite of all past global warming events for the past 400,000 years.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:46 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,217,483 times
Blah blah blah... the sky is falling...

Old 01-16-2012, 12:54 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,627,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
In other words, we're screwed.

---------------------------------

National Geographic News
November 9, 2011

The world has just five years to avoid being trapped in a scenario of perilous climate change and extreme weather events, the International Energy Agency (IEA) warned on Wednesday.

On current trends, "rising fossil energy use will lead to irreversible and potentially catastrophic climate change," the IEA concluded in its annual World Energy Outlook report.

"The door to 2.0 C is closing," it said, referring to the 2.0 Celsius (3.6 Fahrenheit) cap on global warming widely accepted by scientists and governments as the ceiling for averting unmanageable climate damage.

Without further action, by 2017 the total CO2 emissions compatible with the 2.0 C goal will be "locked in" by power plants, factories and other carbon-emitting sources either built or planned, the IEA said....continued

IEA Outlook: Time Running Out on Climate Change

World has five years to avoid severe warming: IEA - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/world-five-years-avoid-severe-warming-iea-170519443.html - broken link)

yes. the past few years winters have been getting worse. I live in NE Tenn and it was 17 degrees last night.

Who says this is the "south", its as cold as NY. And the heat bills are horrible.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:22 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,783,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
According to who?
MIT, CERN etc

Old 01-16-2012, 01:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,329,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
yes. the past few years winters have been getting worse. I live in NE Tenn and it was 17 degrees last night.

Who says this is the "south", its as cold as NY. And the heat bills are horrible.
I guess we are exhibiting real warming in the mid-west at least in the Plains states. We have had so few days under normal and so many over normal here in the sticks of Kansas this month. Yesterday it was about 60 all over the state and I have worn my long handles (old folks requirements here) only one day this month and that was early last week.

Our temps have been plain old Great Plains like all winter, but winter is not over yet.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:23 PM

812 posts, read 596,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess we are exhibiting real warming in the mid-west at least in the Plains states. We have had so few days under normal and so many over normal here in the sticks of Kansas this month. Yesterday it was about 60 all over the state and I have worn my long handles (old folks requirements here) only one day this month and that was early last week.

Our temps have been plain old Great Plains like all winter, but winter is not over yet.
Call nome Alaska and ask them if global warming is setting in up there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies