Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2011, 12:10 PM

42 posts, read 68,883 times

Advertisements

I couldn't agree more with the brilliant Jennifer O'Brien, the 1st grade teacher from NJ. Yes, she is like a warden to future criminals. I've been thinking along those lines myself, but the way I would phrase it would be that teachers are just enlightening our future jobless and homeless. Why do we think this way?
Let us look back to this past years high school graduation class, any city, any state...doesn't matter, does it. We will keep aside those going to college and into the military for now, relax people. How many of those graduates are employed right now? Of those, how many have a job that has, or will give them benefits someday? Now, we will add in those supposed bright ones graduating from college, trade schools and released from their military duties. They should be in line for some "better" jobs, they surely should be receiving benefits sometime in the future with their new career. How are those folks opportunities looking? Any better? Now, here is the punchline...every years graduating classes will have a slimmer chance of succeeding than the previous years graduates.
So keep on having kids and expecting miracles, people. And don't forget to blame the teachers when the little kids grow up and end up criminals, jobless and homeless. It is inevitable.
What is really sad about all of this is that parents don't think about the future of their kids, just about the present, and their selfish desires to have families right now. Especially if one, or both parents are unemployed right now. Unimaginably unbelievable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies