Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:15 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,801,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
See the part that is BOLD....please provide the documentation that proves you correct....I do not think you can...
Then why did they settle and demand silence? Two separate occasions and the same result? That's a pattern. Another women is claiming the same thing. The pattern of sexual harassment is there. They settled out of court and demanded silence. Is that exact proof? No. Can anyone who's not a Cain supporter conclude he has a past of sexual harassment? Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 07:16 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,858,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Cain's numbers are starting to slide. He's lost 10 points with women voters already.
Not with the smart ones.

I don't know if I'll vote for him or not. But I think it's rediculous to bring these alegations against him now. Why not months ago before he was doing so well in the polls? What is it these women want? Justice? No - or they would have brought him up on charges at the time. It's not like we've never had misbehavior from our politicians before. We haven't forgotten Clinton or the Kennedys, have we?

Old 11-08-2011, 07:19 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,689,624 times
Two out of court settlements, one of the anonymous now coming forward, and one giving up her privacy to corroborate the other stories.

But it's a MSM quest to bring him down?

No, sorry. What we have here is an emerging pattern, and that's problem #1 for the guy.

Problem #2 is incidental to problem #1; problem #2 is that we are getting an early public showing of how Herman Cain handles a crisis, and he's not handling this well.

Cain's "smear the victims" response lacks grace, to put it nicely.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:19 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,538,374 times
Winter-Sucks, but this latest Cain accuser isn't bringing "harassment" to the table, in her claims which personally are lies, to me and my hunches. She is describing nothing less than "sexual battery." She didn't go to the authorities with it? All of these what, dozen years?! But now....that there IS huge political gain to be had by many, now she is?!

Nah...not buying it and if even half of the stories about her are true, of a questionable past, and her choice of current boyfriends, IF.....nah....my hunches have served me well in many years, so...

Cain has my vote, and donations and ordered his book as a way to vote for him with my bucks, so to speak.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:23 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,412,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Desperation? What am I desperate about? The NRA had to settle out of court because Cain sexually harassed coworkers. Those are the facts.
So who's desperate?
So Winter_Sucks, in your world is every lawsuit settlement absolute evidence that the claims of the accuser are all true? Really? There are never settlements made against false claims to avoid legal costs? Because that's what you are implicitly saying here. Do you really believe this?

Old 11-08-2011, 07:24 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,801,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post
Two out of court settlements, one of the anonymous now coming forward, and one giving up her privacy to corroborate the other stories.

No, sorry. What we have here is an emerging pattern, and that's problem #1 for the guy.

Problem #2 is incidental to problem #1; problem #2 is that we are getting an early public showing of how Herman Cain handles a crisis, and he's not handling this well.

The media forced Cain to do it.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:24 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,766,412 times
Does anyone find it strange that ALL ACCUSATIONS concern the NRA?

Not one from Godfather’s or any other place Cain worked.

Just makes an attempt to “get” him even more likely.

If he did as much harassing as they say, HE WOULD HAVE done it elsewhere.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:25 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,689,624 times
This reminds me of Cain's latest campaign slogan: "You want a job, right?"

Ha! I kill me!

Old 11-08-2011, 07:25 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,796,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegonagle View Post

Smear the victims? Saying they're lying is smearing them? How else should he handle it? He is speaking the truth, very rare in politics these days, you may not be familiar with it.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:27 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,796,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Does anyone find it strange that ALL ACCUSATIONS concern the NRA?

Not one from Godfather’s or any other place Cain worked.

Just makes an attempt to “get” him even more likely.

If he did as much harassing as they say, HE WOULD HAVE done it elsewhere.
Of course and maybe one of the accusations would be more recent than 14 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies