Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 11:32 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,848,652 times

Advertisements

I feel decidedly less lighthearted about the whole thing after seeing what happened in Rome, though. This thing has the potential to go from a big joke to Doomsday very quickly...

Violence and arrests in Europe protests | Video | Reuters.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 12:23 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,982,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I feel decidedly less lighthearted about the whole thing after seeing what happened in Rome, though. This thing has the potential to go from a big joke to Doomsday very quickly...

Violence and arrests in Europe protests | Video | Reuters.com
Yes, it could easily turn ugly in the USA. Especially when the people are trying to make it violent.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:24 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,073,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
It reflects the enormous rage that people in this country feel towards the Republican party...you can bet it spells doom for the GOP in 2012.

It appears to be a movement of far greater intensity to that of the tea party movement, giving you a prelude to the problems the tea party and GOP in Congress face, as well as every GOP candidate across this nation.

Face it, Pubs. Your regressive obstructionist tactics on the back of your Bush failures have BACKFIRED.

Do you write this stuff yourself or do you have help?

Old 10-16-2011, 12:28 AM

16,912 posts, read 10,618,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Yes, it could easily turn ugly in the USA. Especially when the people are trying to make it violent.
Europe has always been more active in protesting than here in the US. I am wondering when the hard-core anti-G8 and World Bank people are going to joint OWS. Those guys don't mess around. I'm very surprised they haven't shown up in New York yet, now that they have a potential army of tens of thousands when there are usually only a few hundred at their protests.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,785,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
It reflects the enormous rage that people in this country feel towards the Republican party...you can bet it spells doom for the GOP in 2012.

It appears to be a movement of far greater intensity to that of the tea party movement, giving you a prelude to the problems the tea party and GOP in Congress face, as well as every GOP candidate across this nation.

Face it, Pubs. Your regressive obstructionist tactics on the back of your Bush failures have BACKFIRED.
Yeah, but some of the protestors seem to think there should be jobs so it's a little difficult how they can continue to worship the Great Signer of NAFTA, Bill Clinton and some of the protestors seem upset that corporations and banks were given so much money and the debt is impossibly high so it's hard to see why they still bow down at the mention of Obama and Pelosi and Frank.

Obama is nothing but a pro-cheap labor, exported cheap labor or imported cheap labor globalist. He's done nothing at all to bring down the debt that is destroying this nation. He was all for the bailout using taxpayer money of the big CEO's and bankers.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yeah, but some of the protestors seem to think there should be jobs so it's a little difficult how they can continue to worship the Great Signer of NAFTA, Bill Clinton and some of the protestors seem upset that corporations and banks were given so much money and the debt is impossibly high so it's hard to see why they still bow down at the mention of Obama and Pelosi and Frank.

Obama is nothing but a pro-cheap labor, exported cheap labor or imported cheap labor globalist. He's done nothing at all to bring down the debt that is destroying this nation. He was all for the bailout using taxpayer money of the big CEO's and bankers.
They do? I don't understand why people keep saying this. Where did you get this information? I was just there and most of them were furious with Obama and carried anti-Obama signs.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:02 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,947,885 times
Hopefully soon the first snows will begin to fall and place a damper on the issue for the moment.. (It really hurts to hit someone in freezing temps) I am afraid though, that it will carry over into spring and summer of 2012 and if it does, it will eventually turn violent. When you have this many demonstrations occurring at once, violence seems to have a ripple effect. If it occurs in one major city, it will occur in another and another.. Depending on who the protestors turn on, it could get nasty in a hurry nationwide.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Hopefully soon the first snows will begin to fall and place a damper on the issue for the moment.. (It really hurts to hit someone in freezing temps) I am afraid though, that it will carry over into spring and summer of 2012 and if it does, it will eventually turn violent. When you have this many demonstrations occurring at once, violence seems to have a ripple effect. If it occurs in one major city, it will occur in another and another.. Depending on who the protestors turn on, it could get nasty in a hurry nationwide.
Nah, that's what I have been saying. The people in Arab countries were smart, they did this in the Spring. You can't "camp" out in New York in October and expect people stick around. I give it 2 weeks tops before people pack up for the winter. I'm not saying it won't re-start, but it will be very difficult to resurrect what they have going now.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:06 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,247,926 times
The demopublican and republicrat wings of the collectivist vulture are unsure how to use this to their best advantage. It could backfire - badly - and leave them vulnerable and running for their lives.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:11 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,947,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The demopublican and republicrat wings of the collectivist vulture are unsure how to use this to their best advantage. It could backfire - badly - and leave them vulnerable and running for their lives.
Many Dems have come out in support of it and are begining to wish they hadn't..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies