Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 04:18 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,470,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes and all they claim is they care for the little folks. I wonder who they will blame when folks in Boston are starving and have to decide whether to pay thier higher heating bills thanks to their global warming buddies or by food?? Why of course the evil bankers.

"The Greater Boston Food Bank intended to have a fundraising event in Boston’s Dewey Square over the weekend of the 14th of October. It was to be called the “Greenway Mobile Food Fest” and was supposed to help raise funds to feed the poor and needy. However, due to the tantrums being thrown by the Occupy Boston protestors, the event had to be canceled (http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1372860&pos=breaking - broken link)."

At least some conservatives stepped up and helped out.

"Despite the selfishness of these pointless, clueless protesters, though, conservative bloggers stepped in and raised over $3,000 for the food bank."

I thought all they cared about where the evil rich? Hmmmmm

» #OccupyBoston Ruins Food Bank Fundraiser, Conservatives Step in with $3,700 Fund Drive - Big Government
No George Bush and the GOP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 05:58 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,313,722 times
I disagree with the second statement and here is why.

Forty-two percent of the current workforce in America (employees not business owners) are under-employed or work part time. This means these employees can apply to their state for food plus help with rent and utilities while business does not pay full-time, over-time or any benefits.

Do you hire four workers for 20 hours each with no benefits, two full-time workers for forty-hours plus benefits, or do you hire one employee for 80-hours and pay over-time plus benefits?

Guess where the most profit is? Where are the conservatives that step up?

Christmas is coming and the big box stores will be hiring part-time help by the thousands for six-weeks. Maybe.

The tax rules for business is wrong for the small business owner. Big business wants the loop holes and the low tax. Close the loop holes and then lower the tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
When people are hungry or in need, liberals cry 'There are people who are hungry and in need!'.

When people are hungry and in need, conservatives step up and feed them and fill those needs.

And they do it everyday. Not just on Thanksgiving Day at a photo op serving soup in designer clothes.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
I disagree with the second statement and here is why.

Forty-two percent of the current workforce in America (employees not business owners) are under-employed or work part time. This means these employees can apply to their state for food plus help with rent and utilities while business does not pay full-time, over-time or any benefits.

Do you hire four workers for 20 hours each with no benefits, two full-time workers for forty-hours plus benefits, or do you hire one employee for 80-hours and pay over-time plus benefits?

Guess where the most profit is? Where are the conservatives that step up?

Christmas is coming and the big box stores will be hiring part-time help by the thousands for six-weeks. Maybe.

The tax rules for business is wrong for the small business owner. Big business wants the loop holes and the low tax. Close the loop holes and then lower the tax.
Those big box stores have held back in ordering their Christmas stock.
Port traffic is down double digits and that is a bad indicator.
August/September is when Christmas ordering happens and it didn't this year.
Rail traffic is down as well.

Some economists are saying we'll have a good Christmas yet no mention about lack of goods ordered to support their predictions.

Unprecedented Drop in Port Traffic | Michael Shedlock | FINANCIAL SENSE

Old 10-16-2011, 07:53 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Those big box stores have held back in ordering their Christmas stock.
Port traffic is down double digits and that is a bad indicator.
August/September is when Christmas ordering happens and it didn't this year.
Rail traffic is down as well.

Some economists are saying we'll have a good Christmas yet no mention about lack of goods ordered to support their predictions.

Unprecedented Drop in Port Traffic | Michael Shedlock | FINANCIAL SENSE
Coulda fooled me! I was in Kohl's two days ago and they have their Christmas stuff out, and I don't really need to point out that Halloween is still two weeks away. Hobby Lobby has had Christmas stuff out for a couple months now, prior to Labor Day.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Coulda fooled me! I was in Kohl's two days ago and they have their Christmas stuff out, and I don't really need to point out that Halloween is still two weeks away. Hobby Lobby has had Christmas stuff out for a couple months now, prior to Labor Day.
Do you follow port traffic ? Do you realize port traffic is a leading indicator of months ahead ? Did you go into the back and see their inventory ?
Do you see that putting Christmas goods out for sale in July/August is a desperate attempt at sales ?

A lot of people are "fooled" these days.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:08 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Do you follow port traffic ? Do you realize port traffic is a leading indicator of months ahead ? Did you go into the back and see their inventory ?
Do you see that putting Christmas goods out for sale in July/August is a desperate attempt at sales ?

A lot of people are "fooled" these days.
LOLOLOLOL! First, there are no Christmas goods, now they're put out in "a desperate attempt for sales". Which is it, are they or aren't they? Am I hallucinating? It seems no different to me than in years past.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
LOLOLOLOL! First, there are no Christmas goods, now they're put out in "a desperate attempt for sales". Which is it, are they or aren't they? Am I hallucinating? It seems no different to me than in years past.
Did I state that port traffic was ZERO percent ?
Why do some people take everything to the extreme.
I stated it was down double digits..not ZERO.

I'll wager you didn't even read the link I posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies