Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 09:39 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So what's the point of teaching evolution, Darwinism, nature, survival of the fittest and all that in the schools if we don't wish to allow it?

Darwinism refers to survival of the fittest health wise. Extreme wealth, with our medical technology, can keep a dead man alive. Just look at Cheney. These people then propagate their defective gene pool. Remember the Blue Bloods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 09:40 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Well Rush Limbaugh did call Steve Jobs a liberal.

source:
Rush Limbaugh 10/6'/2011 9:00-9:30
You just showed your very ugly partisanship on that one right there....
Quote:
I'd always get e-mails from people, "Would you stop talking about Apple? They're nothing but a bunch of liberals! I don't want to hear about Apple. Why do you talk about Jobs? It's nothing but a bunch of liberals."

I guess the most he revealed about himself was that Stanford commencement speech in 2005. It didn't matter to me that Steve Jobs was a liberal. It disappointed me for his sake, but that is not who he was to me. Steve Jobs epitomized American exceptionalism.
Steve Jobs: American Exceptionalism - The Rush Limbaugh Show

You people are some of the worst hacks on the planet. you would have been more than willing to provide a link if it was Rush going off on a tangent but this time you decided to make others have to go look for it themselves, why was that?

Old 10-15-2011, 09:41 AM

Problem with your analogy is that the "golden goose" (1% wealthy) is taking, not giving.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:42 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Darwinism refers to survival of the fittest health wise. Extreme wealth, with our medical technology, can keep a dead man alive. Just look at Cheney. These people then propagate their defective gene pool. Remember the Blue Bloods?
So the defective gene pool to you is the people with the most power, money and influence and the good gene pool are the filth-laden hippies on Wallstreet that can't string a sentence together...

Carry on...

Old 10-15-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You just showed your very ugly partisanship on that one right there....
Steve Jobs: American Exceptionalism - The Rush Limbaugh Show

You people are some of the worst hacks on the planet. you would have been more than willing to provide a link if it was Rush going off on a tangent but this time you decided to make others have to go look for it themselves, why was that?
Quote from your link:

Quote:
The fact that he (Steve Jobs) was a liberal.
I didn't know that the fact that Steve Jobs was a liberal would be your hot button. I even thought I would cite a source (Limbaugh) that you righties look up to.

BTW, exceptionalism is what liberalism/progressiveness is all about!

Last edited by jojajn; 10-15-2011 at 09:57 AM..

Old 10-15-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So the defective gene pool to you is the people with the most power, money and influence and the good gene pool are the filth-laden hippies on Wallstreet that can't string a sentence together...

Carry on...
Are you suggesting genocide?

Old 10-15-2011, 09:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Problem with you analogy is that the "golden goose" (1% wealthy) is taking, not giving.
Well it's not them. The government allows it. There are no laws being broken and business influences the laws.

Little Timmy just promised to help the European banks.
Isn't that a mass transfer from the US ?

You can't see that it's the government that is transferring this wealth and sucking Americans dry while accumulating more debt that we are on the hook for.

The corporations aren't taking your money; your government is.
You willingly give money to corporations when you buy their goods and it's your choice to buy or not.
You have no choice when the government gives away money and then turns to you for repayment.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:47 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
Look. It doesn't matter if you don't support the Occupy movement or not. These are exciting times.
I certainly would never describe these god-awful, destructive, filthy peoples' "gatherings" as "exciting times. This is something we should be ashamed of...how did this country ever raise such disgusting people who have absolutely no morals, ethics, self respect or respect for others and others' properties.

They have absolutely no idea what they are doing, no idea of the hows and whys this country is currently in a mess, don't seem to have the ability to use logic and/or comprehension...I'll stop there.

Exciting times??? Good grief...NO! We should be ashamed we have such decadence here in the USA. Europe can live with such crap if they want to. We here in the USA should never allow such filth to exhibit in public.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well it's not them. The government allows it. There are no laws being broken and business influences the laws.

Little Timmy just promised to help the European banks.
Isn't that a mass transfer from the US ?

You can't see that it's the government that is transferring this wealth and sucking Americans dry while accumulating more debt that we are on the hook for.

The corporations aren't taking your money; your government is.
You willingly give money to corporations when you buy their goods and it's your choice to buy or not.
You have no choice when the government gives away money and then turns to you for repayment.
Except the CEOs who run the investors (people who invest their 401ks) dry by paying themselves exorbitant salaries while they run the corporation/bank into the ground!

Old 10-15-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
I certainly would never describe these god-awful, destructive, filthy peoples' "gatherings" as "exciting times. This is something we should be ashamed of...how did this country ever raise such disgusting people who have absolutely no morals, ethics, self respect or respect for others and others' properties.

They have absolutely no idea what they are doing, no idea of the hows and whys this country is currently in a mess, don't seem to have the ability to use logic and/or comprehension...I'll stop there.

Exciting times??? Good grief...NO! We should be ashamed we have such decadence here in the USA. Europe can live with such crap if they want to. We here in the USA should never allow such filth to exhibit in public.
You seriously need to take a break from the propaganda your hear on Fox News. Then you will be able to start thinking critically again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies