Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 08:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times

Advertisements

Well maybe it was O'Reilly's show but he threw numbers at them that they couldn't answer back about. West really went wild and proved what he really is and both of them showed their racisim.

Bil O‘Reilly’s Explosive Interview With Cornel West and Tavis Smiley | Video | TheBlaze.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 09:16 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Well maybe it was O'Reilly's show but he threw numbers at them that they couldn't answer back about. West really went wild and proved what he really is and both of them showed their racisim.

Bil O‘Reilly’s Explosive Interview With Cornel West and Tavis Smiley | Video | TheBlaze.com
Actually Bill made it a racial issue when he mentioned stan O'neil.

Stan was the former CEO of Merril Lynch. Bill happens to have 2 blacks on his show and out of the dozens of white CEO's that were involved in the Financial madness, he just happens to mention a black CEO out of the blue.

I don't agree with what O'neal did but I find it ironic that Bill mentions a black CEO. He's probably never mentioned O'neal ever on his show. Even tavis said he did not agree with what O'neal did. Those guys are talking about POOR AMERICANS not POOR BLACK AMERICANS. Bill made it a racial issue.

The whole purpose for them being on the show was to discuss poverty in America.

My issue is, white right wingers are always tossing around "personal responsibility" as if that will solve everything. That's living in a fairytale world.

Some people are just downright poor and really don't see another way out. EVERYONE that has attained a tad bit of success has been given breaks, even Bill himself. You can't become successful by yourself. It takes others to assist you. think about that before you respond.

Even Bill's boss Rupert Murdoch said Bill is a damn fool and the only reason why he still has his job is because they sell a lot of ad time during Bill's show. His own boss thinks he's a idiot!!!

Man this country is done!!! I'm glad i don't have children, I'd be ashamed to expose them to this nonsense.

Even the great Roman Empire folded.........you don't stay on top forever.

Bill is a fool.

Last edited by Ron.; 10-14-2011 at 09:51 PM..

Old 10-14-2011, 09:26 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,179,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

The reason why Tavis and West did not respond with numbers was because they said no investigation was performed on the issue at hand, therefore they had no numbers to provide. Why would two guys like them make themselves look like fools and respond with made up numbers?

Stop trying to make it look like Bill "owned them" he clearly did not.

Last edited by Ron.; 10-14-2011 at 09:53 PM..

Old 10-15-2011, 06:59 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
The reason why Tavis and West did not respond with numbers was because they said no investigation was performed on the issue at hand, therefore they had no numbers to provide. Why would two guys like them make themselves look like fools and respond with made up numbers?

I agree.

Bill pulls this crap every show when he has people on, either sets them up into stuff like that, or starts yelling over the person he doesn't agree with. He's a fool.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:23 AM

33,563 posts, read 18,147,060 times
If 9% of the poor are drug addicts.. they can't be that poor.. if you are truly poor ,one can't buy drugs.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:50 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,667,161 times
The depth of what Bill O'Riely knows about poverty in America is 9% of them are drug dependent. Between 6% and 8% of the general population uses drugs. I think Bill O"Riely stacks the deck.The Professor is a Dr. of Philosophy and Tavis recently got a degree in Public affairs.There is a plethora of prominent African Americans with Doctorates in Economics, Sociology, Business, and Psychology who have written about "Negro Problem " in America.

Poor Bill is Afraid of intellegent African Americans so he brings on two loud mouths to share a short segment of his show. He knows they are incapable of addressing the issue, and will attempt to shout him down and stumble all over each other. Way to go, at least every body bumped their book sales.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:16 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,674,750 times
Quote:
Actually Bill made it a racial issue when he mentioned stan O'neil.

Stan was the former CEO of Merril Lynch. Bill happens to have 2 blacks on his show and out of the dozens of white CEO's that were involved in the Financial madness, he just happens to mention a black CEO out of the blue.

I don't agree with what O'neal did but I find it ironic that Bill mentions a black CEO. He's probably never mentioned O'neal ever on his show. Even tavis said he did not agree with what O'neal did. Those guys are talking about POOR AMERICANS not POOR BLACK AMERICANS. Bill made it a racial issue.

The whole purpose for them being on the show was to discuss poverty in America.

My issue is, white right wingers are always tossing around "personal responsibility" as if that will solve everything. That's living in a fairytale world.

Some people are just downright poor and really don't see another way out. EVERYONE that has attained a tad bit of success has been given breaks, even Bill himself. You can't become successful by yourself. It takes others to assist you. think about that before you respond.

Even Bill's boss Rupert Murdoch said Bill is a damn fool and the only reason why he still has his job is because they sell a lot of ad time during Bill's show. His own boss thinks he's a idiot!!!

Man this country is done!!! I'm glad i don't have children, I'd be ashamed to expose them to this nonsense.

Even the great Roman Empire folded.........you don't stay on top forever.

Bill is a fool.
Hello??? Bill was talking to two people who live, breath and wallow in racism, the only only way to discuss things with them is to focus on a person's race. If bill tried to discuss any CEO, other then a black man, he may as well have been whistling in a hurricane.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:26 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,674,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The depth of what Bill O'Riely knows about poverty in America is 9% of them are drug dependent. Between 6% and 8% of the general population uses drugs. I think Bill O"Riely stacks the deck.The Professor is a Dr. of Philosophy and Tavis recently got a degree in Public affairs.There is a plethora of prominent African Americans with Doctorates in Economics, Sociology, Business, and Psychology who have written about "Negro Problem " in America.

Poor Bill is Afraid of intellegent African Americans so he brings on two loud mouths to share a short segment of his show. He knows they are incapable of addressing the issue, and will attempt to shout him down and stumble all over each other. Way to go, at least every body bumped their book sales.
What's wrong, these two self appointed voices of black americans weren't "black enough" for you?

Old 10-15-2011, 12:53 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,667,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
What's wrong, these two self appointed voices of black americans weren't "black enough" for you?
we don't need "Black " we need intelligence . But O'Riely wanted Black So he selected from all the African Americans in the US the two least knowledgeable on the subject of poverty in America so he could look good in front of his white audience, I don't blame him. As a matter of fact IMO one of the most knowlegeable people on the subject of poverty in America was white. But that wouldn't be any fun for Bill or his audience.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 10-15-2011 at 01:04 PM..

Old 10-15-2011, 01:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times
Quote:

I hate that word "owned" but so many times I see libs, like you, using the word to point out that they think one of them finally managed to get the best of a righty. I used that word only because they do it so often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies