Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:07 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,029 times

Advertisements

they were looking for a reason to replace him, and he gave them one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 08:45 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I'll bet you don't like Dixie Land, either. I am not a fan of country music but now and then if you want music out here in the sticks that is all you can get.
-sigh-
As usual, you dont know of which you speak.
I would daresay I have forgotten more about Dixieland, swing, big band, etc, than you will ever know.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:52 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,082 times
Quote:
I didn't manage to hear the name of Obama in the whole song. If you don't work at it you won't really hear anything so bad other than his words about keeping the change and USSA. I guess I will have to put ABC and USPN on ignore on my TV for a while. That is permissible isn't, left leaners? We haven't yet got to the point where the government can tell me what to watch and not watch, have we.
I think Hank Williams Jr. is an a**hole for a variety of reasons, but I did not find his comments re Obama/Boehner playing golf particularly offensive. More much ado about nothing...

You can watch or not watch whatever you damn please - doesn't matter to me.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:55 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,137 times
Quote:
I didn't manage to hear the name of Obama in the whole song. If you don't work at it you won't really hear anything so bad other than his words about keeping the change and USSA. I guess I will have to put ABC and USPN on ignore on my TV for a while. That is permissible isn't, left leaners? We haven't yet got to the point where the government can tell me what to watch and not watch, have we.
In this regards the govt isn't telling you to do anything.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:01 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,127,642 times
Anyone that compares Obama to Hitler is a raving loon.

Dislike the man, hate his policies, disagree with him, but comparing him to Hitler is just friggin' stupid.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:05 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
[quote=roysoldboy;21247674]I didn't manage to hear the name of Obama in the whole song. If you don't work at it you won't really hear anything so bad other than his words about keeping the change and USSA. I guess I will have to put ABC and USPN on ignore on my TV for a while. That is permissible isn't, left leaners? We haven't yet got to the point where the government can tell me what to watch and not watch, have we.[/quot
I certainly am not a libeal. But ;yes you ca do that;just has they can fire hank because they pay the to represent them. It has nothig to do with governamnt sayig watch you can watch or the terms of his contract with them.Really looks like ole Hank'd mputh did to him what the Dixie Chicks mouths did to them.His song reminds me of the Chiks wear those T-0shirts ;just put them on the D list and people move on.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:12 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
Quote:
How is it that all the Hollywood mouth breathers when bashing Bush did not lose their jobs? The Dixie Chicks are about as useful as fools can be and the Baldwin brothers? What a waste of DNA. Just shows in a bright light the hypocrisy of the new McCarthy's.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:21 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,843,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
He didn't compare Obama to Hitler. He used the analogy of Hitler playing golf with Netanyahu compared to Obama and Boehner playing golf together...considering both can't stand each other. That was a poor choice probably but was not calling or comparing Hitler to Obama.
The people on Fox and Friends gave him two chances and to clean up his comment, but his hatred for Obama led him to just dig the hole deeper. In his view Hitler and Obama are the enemy and Boehner and Netanyahu are the good guys.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:46 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,436,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
He was comparing the relationship between the two parties as being the same, not the people themselves.
yep.

Quote:
TV personalities and hollywood types called Bush and Reagan both Hitler and nothing came of it.
this i'm not so sure about. altho it's easy to find various nameless protesters slapping hitler mustaches on the previous presidents i can't find an instance of any "TV personalities and hollywood types" making the direct comparison before obama. if there is one i'd love to see it.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:56 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,436,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The people on Fox and Friends gave him two chances and to clean up his comment, but his hatred for Obama led him to just dig the hole deeper.
the part that struck me as ignorant was his insistence that there should be no compromise between the parties. we are a nation of 300+ million conflicting opinions. ideally beneficial compromise is exactly what our reps should be doing.

for the music lovers: check out Hank III, son of Jr and grandson of Sr. he has a dual persona musically. half his work is country ( more closely related to his grandpappy, he doesn't seem to be a fan of his dad ) the other half is metal/punk. good stuff for those with broad musical tastes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies