Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 07:40 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times

Advertisements

Watch The Monty Python Movie " The Life Of Brian". Brian is addressing the crowd who thinks he's the Messiah and they repeat every word he says. He tells them they should think for themselves and they repeat it exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 07:46 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Watch The Monty Python Movie " The Life Of Brian". Brian is addressing the crowd who thinks he's the Messiah and they repeat every word he says. He tells them they should think for themselves and they repeat it exactly.
Dang, I knew I had seen and heard something similar before, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

They look exactly like what they are.....a bunch of loons in the twilight zone.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:08 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,267,831 times
I wonder what will happen when those demonstrators get tired of being treated like they're 5 years old. Will they understand what the democratic party is all about?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:41 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,517,884 times
Default Occupy Atlanta

IF I was from Atlanta I would be embarassed by this bizarre event and its strange chanting/ritual. I am further baffled that so many mindless people think this is about our Constitutional Republic, freedom or true liberty. So few appear to research or pay attention to who organized, funded and is pushing for it to go violent. All the silly American Spring/Autumm/Revolution ect. ect. who seem to have forgotten what these same paid and protected thugs of the Gov't did in Seattle in "99", This whole thing is a sham and set up for exactly what real Americans don't want. When the violence erupts and they declare martial law and dead start piling up ask who will win? Who gains from the U.S. desolving into chaos? Who profits? What is this covering up? Looks to me like a gimongus herd of sheep just following the one in front not having a clue where they are going. And guess who laughs the most at you - Soetoro, Soro's, Rockefeller, Rothchild ect. aka the NWO. Like their MO states "Order out of chaos"..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZlp3eGMNI

Last edited by Watchman57; 10-09-2011 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: add a link

Old 10-09-2011, 09:59 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,397,212 times
Just imagine how smoothly government would run if this jackass with his megaphone were in charge.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:17 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Almost as hilarious as watching these kool-aid drinking morons is the reactions of die hard lefties attempting to defend this Jonestown festival.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:29 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Simon says; "this is so funny".... "this is so funny". "Does anyone here" ... "does anyone here", "think they ought"... "think they ought".... "to make a movie"... "to make a movie"..... "about this silliness".... "about this silliness".... "and produced by"... "and produced by".... "National Lampoon".... "National Lampoon">..............

Old 10-09-2011, 10:34 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
They were repeating what was being said so everyone could hear.

Does your clip show the senator's reaction? He said he wasn't offended at all that he was not allowed to speak.

After all, he's one of the people who should be doing something about the state of the economy and neither Senate nor House are doing anything except collecting their paychecks.

Why would this group want HIM to speak?
They don't want government getting it's smelly hands into what they are doing, and I agree with their decision. It's not a soapbox for politicians.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:43 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
This is amazingly bizarre... Weird people that repeat each other and hand waving and just plain whacked... I would like to go there and scream out... "I am a human being, not a mindless bee that repeats itself because someone told them to"... These people are idiots, they don't know the first thing about public speaking... Repeating is a distraction... the distraction takes the message away and sinks it... oh well... at least they are having fun doing whatever they are doing... I hate to strand them on an island together... I think I opt to leave the group and move to the other side of the island...

Old 10-09-2011, 10:48 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,116,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
They were repeating what was being said so everyone could hear.

Does your clip show the senator's reaction? He said he wasn't offended at all that he was not allowed to speak.

After all, he's one of the people who should be doing something about the state of the economy and neither Senate nor House are doing anything except collecting their paychecks.

Why would this group want HIM to speak?
They don't want government getting it's smelly hands into what they are doing, and I agree with their decision. It's not a soapbox for politicians.
Did you mean Congressman John Lewis? Why would he even want to speak to these drones? I think they were quite rude to an elected official.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies