Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 09:01 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,792,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

You're killing me over here.

You really think anyone is going to swallow that?
I'm not asking you to swallow anything. I'm not gay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 09:05 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,048,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It's just the last few days. I'm sick of the left's anti-business and anti-success attitude.
Don't be scared off by the loud and vocal minority of the hard right, that would be my suggestion. While we tend to want our politicians to be hardcore one way or the other during elections, the truth is that we want our politicians to govern more in the middle. Most of this country is center right. We tend to be a fiscally conservative country that values business and free market and more socially liberal. There is a happy medium. Our best presidents have been this happy medium.

Personally, I liked Herman Cain a lot tonight and in some ways, wish I could see a lot of these people merged into one candidate.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:07 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,289,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Personally, I liked Herman Cain a lot tonight and in some ways, wish I could see a lot of these people merged into one candidate.
I agree! I liked Cain as well, and there were several bits that had me out of my seat from a variety of folks tonight.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Don't be scared off by the loud and vocal minority of the hard right, that would be my suggestion. While we tend to want our politicians to be hardcore one way or the other during elections, the truth is that we want our politicians to govern more in the middle. Most of this country is center right. We tend to be a fiscally conservative country that values business and free market and more socially liberal. There is a happy medium. Our best presidents have been this happy medium.

I only really like Paul, and Johnson. If it comes down to Perry vs. Romney, I would probably go with Romney.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

You're killing me over here.

You really think anyone is going to swallow that?
I'm going to defend him/her (sorry, I don't know!). We constantly ask those on the left if they are ever critical of their politicians and if there is ever anything they think the left politicians are not doing correctly. I think it's great to question your leaders, even if you had previously been a supporter of those leaders. Pure and blind partisan support is not beneficial to anyone and will only serve to continually put people in office that are there simply because of their party affliation and not because of their own qualifications and experience.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,430,369 times
Herman Cain is my choice but I know he won't be the nominee. Pretty smart of Huntsman to be the only one to name who they would pick as VP.........Cain. Huntsman can't win the nomination either.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I agree! I liked Cain as well, and there were several bits that had me out of my seat from a variety of folks tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Herman Cain is my choice but I know he won't be the nominee. Pretty smart of Huntsman to be the only one to name who they would pick as VP.........Cain. Huntsman can't win the nomination either.
I told my husband tonight that a lot of these candidates, while maybe not true contenders for the Presidency, would make excellent additions to the next White House. Cain and Huntsman included. Throw Gingrich in there for the experience factor alone. One person I do NOT want to see win this nomination is Bachmann. Sorry but she's a complete nutcase.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I liked Huntsman, too. Johnson and Huntsman being governors is a big plus. They both have good business backgrounds and were executives of their states.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I only really like Paul, and Johnson. If it comes down to Perry vs. Romney, I would probably go with Romney.
One thing about Romney that could sell well to independents is that he was the governor of a very liberal state. This could benefit him greatly in the general election when having that discussion on who could and could not reach across the aisle effectively.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,430,369 times
I think Romney is not really conservative. I agree with Perry when he refers to Romney as Obama lite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies