Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 11:39 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

Herman Cain says if Obama's health care plan had been in effect when he was diagnosed with cancer, he would be dead.

Breitbart.tv » Herman Cain Says He’d ‘Be Dead’ Under ‘Obamacare’
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 04:43 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
So basically Cain is saying that he is alive today because he could afford the best healthcare money could buy!
What would "ObamaCare" be if nothing more than a Government run healthcare program like Medicare or Medicaid or even the VA. Oh wait what's this factoid???

Before his business and economics career he worked as a mathematician in ballistics for the United States Navy

I'm sure he didn't use his VA benefits at all!

Old 09-14-2011, 04:53 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Herman Cain says if Obama's health care plan had been in effect when he was diagnosed with cancer, he would be dead.

Breitbart.tv » Herman Cain Says He’d ‘Be Dead’ Under ‘Obamacare’

People can say whatever they like. It doesn't make their statement true.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:14 AM

616 posts, read 854,556 times
Herman Cain is right!

Old 09-14-2011, 08:16 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
So basically Cain is saying that he is alive today because he could afford the best healthcare money could buy!
What would "ObamaCare" be if nothing more than a Government run healthcare program like Medicare or Medicaid or even the VA. Oh wait what's this factoid???

Before his business and economics career he worked as a mathematician in ballistics for the United States Navy

Yea, something isn't adding up with the whole "i'd be dead" proclamation.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:34 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
You each have Doctors i am sure. Talk to them, the Doctors i know, are all against obamacare, they each have different reasoning why, but one thing is sure, they feel Obamacare is not something we should be fighting for. Get the news from Doctors themselves, i doubt they will lie to you. Get how they feel from the horses mouth.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:42 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Is he *trying* to give people a reason to support Obamacare?

Old 09-14-2011, 11:45 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
Herman Cain is right!
Yes he is. Under Obamacare he would have been denied the treatment he needed for the duration he received it. He would not have been allowed the option to pay for his own advanced medical treatment needs. His physician would not have been allowed under Obamacare to offer those treatements.

Obamacare is ceding the ultimate controll over your life or death to the central planning government.

Winning!

Old 10-01-2011, 05:28 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post

No!! And you know that's not what he's saying!! He's making the point they he did not have to WAIT! To see a doctor!! Cananda ....the waiting time can be 3 months!! That what Obama care is gonna do!! Time is of the essence with Cancer!!

Old 10-01-2011, 06:36 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
And I could have easily been dead without it, if not for luckily obtaining a job with health insurance 4 months before I was diagnosed with cancer at 23. I was sick for 4 years prior to diagnosis but due to lack of adequate health insurance and lack of affordable care, I went misdiagnosed so that when I was finally diagnosed, it was Stage 4.

My medical team is against Obamacare, but only because it's not universal healthcare. This includes the head of lymphoma at one of the premiere cancer institutions in the country and the chief of oncology at an affiliate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies