Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 07:25 AM

698 posts, read 238,560 times

Advertisements

I dont think anyone could talk me into being gay, that arguement is based in fear and bigotry. Education has a liberal tilt because conservatives are, by definition, resistant to change. Education is change.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:25 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,546,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
I think the huge difference is people want to teach their OWN children, not your children or my children or strangers children their value system. For you to gloss over or perhaps not even recognize this says a lot about your own conditioning.
As if the right doesn't do the same.

Yep. Becky Fisher from Jesus Camp...totally sticking to her own children.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:26 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,682,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
I dont think anyone could talk me into being gay, that arguement is based in fear and bigotry. Education has a liberal tilt because conservatives are, by definition, resistant to change. Education is change.
Really, so that 2 + 2 equation has changed how many times over the course of years?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:27 AM

13,926 posts, read 10,223,350 times
Quote:
My personal pet peeve is for Michelle Obama to use Disney as her personal platform to address our nations children. This seems a common theme on the left for everything from using TV to insinuate themselves into children culture to the gay agenda sticking their perversion in school agendas.

Does the right do this too and I just didn't notice?

Am I over-reacting?
What's with the aww shucks routine? This is how your posts read to me - "Aww shucks, homosexuals are coming after our children, is it just silly old me? Aww shucks, I'm just a soft spoken homophobe, but if you call me a bigot, then you're being intolerant, which is what you accuse me of being - and that's not fair, by golly, gosh darn it."

If you are such an ineffectual parent that you are unable to pass on your so called values to your children because there are gay people on TV and gay acceptance is taught in school, then that's on you, not Michelle Obama, or anybody else.

Where's the personal responsibility you all keep harping on? Hopefully your kids will grow up and develop their own compass, separate to whatever bigotry you're trying to pass on (and yes, I am tolerant of homosexuality, and intolerant of thinly disguised bigotry - and no, that does not make me a hypocrite), but until then, it's up to you to parent your children. If your moralizing is sound, then you have nothing to worry about, do you?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:27 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,892,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
For the love of Liberace, will someone please tell me what the heck the "Gay Agenda" is?
Is that a serious question or do you really not know what an agenda is? Although to not understand what an agenda is to me seems monumentally stupid, I'll take you at face value and assume you are being honest about your ignorance and not provocative.

a·gen·da

   /[SIZE=3]əˈdʒɛndə[/SIZE]/ Show Spelled[uh-jen-duh] Show IPA
noun, formally a plural of agendum, but usually used as a singular with plural -das or -da. a list, plan, outline, or the like, of things to be done, matters to be acted or voted upon, etc.: The chairman says we have a lengthy agenda this afternoon.

~ dictonary.com

Quite Frankly if you check the link you'll find a gay agenda laid out which I don't really have a problem with - my problem comes in gay activists attempting to impose their value system upon OPC (other peoples children) via governmental institutions where attendance is in many instances required. This smacks of a police state and thought police to me.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:29 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,115,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
As far as kids and sex, how much of what kids see today on TV or in mainstream society revolves around sex? And if a parent or a group of parents were to step forward to say anything about this, they are considered prudes or censors or bigots? I don't think it is a leftist plot by any stretch but it has been shown that kids from stronger families are less likely to be promiscuous or having sex or even using drugs.
Why does this read as "Liberal families can't be strong families?"

Old 09-07-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
What's with the aww shucks routine? This is how your posts read to me - "Aww shucks, homosexuals are coming after our children, is it just silly old me? Aww shucks, I'm just a soft spoken homophobe, but if you call me a bigot, then you're being intolerant, which is what you accuse me of being - and that's not fair, by golly, gosh darn it."

If you are such an ineffectual parent that you are unable to pass on your so called values to your children because there are gay people on TV and gay acceptance is taught in school, then that's on you, not Michelle Obama, or anybody else.

Where's the personal responsibility you all keep harping on? Hopefully your kids will grow up and develop their own compass, separate to whatever bigotry you're trying to pass on (and yes, I am tolerant of homosexuality, and intolerant of thinly disguised bigotry - and no, that does not make me a hypocrite), but until then, it's up to you to parent your children. If your moralizing is sound, then you have nothing to worry about, do you?
Whatever consenting adults do is one thing.
Indoctrinating children under the guise of education is another.
So throw your insults, slander and reverse logic all you want but it does not change the fact that you represent an aggressive minority using the state to indoctrinate children to the idea that your perversion is mainstream, normal and a healthy family friendly lifestyle.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:31 AM

12,979 posts, read 14,657,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I think there is a large amount of misinformation when it comes to children's health, most of it from the government. The food pyramid is largely wrong in the fact that it promotes far too many carbohydrates for people and especially kids in general. We have processed sugars in everything we eat and so much of this is due to government regulations (see the other thread on the woman whose natural ice-cream is being regulated by the feds). People can say they are educated, but they are not. Recent studies conducted at the Univ of CT have shown that diets high in fat do not increase heart disease and in fact people on these diets lost weight simply by eliminating or reducing carbs. The government is certainly the one providing bad information here.

Perhaps now would be a good time to tell you that the food pyramid is no longer recommended. MyPlate has replaced it, and I think it is a vast improvement.

USDA's MyPlate - Home page

Old 09-07-2011, 07:34 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,340,899 times
Default https://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1374131-pet-peeve-just-me-does-left-post20773910.html#post20

Quote:
My personal pet peeve is for Michelle Obama to use Disney as her personal platform to address our nations children. This seems a common theme on the left for everything from using TV to insinuate themselves into children culture to the gay agenda sticking their perversion in school agendas.

Does the right do this too and I just didn't notice?

Am I over-reacting?
A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
Vladimir Lenin

Give me four years to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.
Vladimir Lenin

Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever.
Vladimir Lenin

The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses.
Vladimir Lenin

Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed.
Joseph Stalin

Old 09-07-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
As if the right doesn't do the same.

Yep. Becky Fisher from Jesus Camp...totally sticking to her own children.
Do you really not understand the difference between voluntary participation and state sponsored coecion? Or do you choose to ignore it because your violent agenda (yes, coercion is a form of violence) to push deviant sexual behavior onto children via state institutions which infringes upon the rights and liberties of the individual runs counter to it?

Tolerance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies