Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 05:49 PM

170 posts, read 362,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and other prominent CEOs in this country are liberals. Why is that?
maybe because THEY CAN AFFORD IT?

Unlike the rest of us tax-slaves.

Knowledge is key, yeah right. And you are the only one with the key I am sure.

How about "knowledge is free" for a change? Nope can't do that. What with tenured radicals running the universities and all.

Please no more "I am so intellectually superior" troll posts please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 05:53 PM

13,008 posts, read 18,952,310 times
If they are liberals, and have all this idle cash, they can unleash it next year to hire workers to hopefully get Obama elected. Of course they would all be laid off after the election.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:54 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,976,794 times
I do not think the assertion is true.

I believe most CEOs are conservative.

Certainly The Wall Street Journal is more conservative than liberal.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:58 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,003,010 times
One has to look now they run their comopnaies and its not liberal at all. Never mix social responsibility with liberal views on government. With those you have name its mre personal responsibility than central control i lettig government.Ask anbody who worksd for them or tohers capitalist they reward results. That is what capitalism does; not redistribute it.look at theie foundation they paln on controllig its usage and not giving it to governamnt to waste.Even Clinton has parise it pointing out that governamnt help to fight poverty in this country goes to 20% of poverty in urban areas while two regions having 80% get the rermiander. The politics of poverty as they call it.That si not liberal;that is personally taking charge and eliminating the government waste;fraud and abuse in the classic sense .

Old 08-29-2011, 06:05 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,629,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Those CEOs are liberals because of their family background, where they grew up, where they live now, and the types of businesses they run.

CEOs like Ken Lay, the idiot from Arthur Anderson, and oil CEOs are conservative because of where they grew up, where they live now, and the types of businesses they run.

Those in the "helping and healing professions are usually liberal, as they have seen human suffering and require a modicum of insight when dealing with human behavior.

The Ideological Animal | Psychology Today

woman on why she became a 9/11 republican/neo-con, then changed back

Old 08-29-2011, 06:07 PM

954 posts, read 1,283,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I say you start by providing a cite that says "most CEO's are liberals"
I think it depends, you'll note those liberal CEOs are the creative sort who invented stuff, not CEOs of banks or oil companies.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:10 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,341,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Those in the "helping and healing professions are usually liberal, as they have seen human suffering and require a modicum of insight when dealing with human behavior.
That's funny, most doctors I know are conservatives.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:12 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,868,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I work in the medical industry and spend most of my time working directly with surgeons, the overwhelming majority of them are conservative.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:12 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,782,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
That's funny, most doctors I know are conservatives.
Thats because they are not in a union.

Nurses on the other hand.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:13 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,629,919 times
Not in my circle, except when my brother did his surgical residency in Houston, so the location matters as well...Johns Hopkins and UMM is quite a bastion of intellect, and liberal-thought
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies