Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 06:00 PM

17,403 posts, read 12,009,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Would you be? Yeah you would have just let them in and offered coffee and tea and the clicker right? You must live in Indiana. Do you people even think before you post? Do you just do as your told all the time? Apparently so.
Yes, I do. If I had been in that situation, I would have discussed the situation calmly. I would have invited the police officer inside so that he could see for himself that I didn't have fireworks. I may have offered him something to drink.

Because, I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE. And I'm smart enough to know that the police officer was just doing his job. And the neighbor that called was only trying to be a good citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2011, 06:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,926,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Yes, I do. If I had been in that situation, I would have discussed the situation calmly. I would have invited the police officer inside so that he could see for himself that I didn't have fireworks. I may have offered him something to drink.

Because, I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE. And I'm smart enough to know that the police officer was just doing his job. And the neighbor that called was only trying to be a good citizen.
and i agree with you, but watch, KU is going to suggest that you also bend over for the cops and let them do what they want.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,048,883 times
Police have no business in your home. Do you always let strangers in your home who want in for no good reason? I did speak with them calmly until they walked into my garage and I promptly shut it. They had no business in there either. I then asked them to leave and they said they would when I turned over my "stash" as they called it. I said I had none and if they wanted to look they would need to go find a judge and get a warrant. That seemed to really tick them off. I guess exercising my rights makes some officers mad. I preceeded to my home to close the door when the foot was inserted by the officer which I promptly pushed aside and closed my door. You of course would have let them give you an anal cavity search because you have nothing to hide right?

Old 08-28-2011, 11:22 PM

954 posts, read 1,283,131 times
Quote:
I was simply interjecting an experience I had with the po po. AFter all isn't this the topic of the thread? One of my best golfing buddies is a county sherriff. Whenever I start giving him sheet about cops pulling their crap all he does and laughs and shakes his head. Thats about all they can do. You go along with some of the nonsense or find another job. More of that reality you can't seem to grasp.
What reality can't I grasp?

Old 08-29-2011, 07:27 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,304,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Well, the OP message did a poor job stating the intent. The thread title already states there are no good cops which is not true as you just stated it in the opening of your message. Also, the OP did not present some data that covers a nationwide survey how they fare. For all I know the OP simply has a grudge, who knows. Even if he was fairly mistreated by some cop out there I wonder what may have driven that cop to treat him that way. I dot attend seminars with citizens groups that monitor police actions in our city. Overall, they do a great job in our city so just by that the OP is wrong.
I have taken some local Citizen Police Courses where the police department does not make excuses and the instructors do acknowledge they have bad apples just like any other group and highly encourage to make sure they weed them out. On the other hand I also have seen how many citizens do lie and try to make cops look in a negative light just as the OP does. I would like to to know what is his REAL intent. To me at this point it seems to be a bunch of sour grapes because it does not present any single shred of evidence to support what the OP title claims, take care.
El Amigo, I am the OP.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:27 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,926,732 times
Quote:
Police have no business in your home. Do you always let strangers in your home who want in for no good reason? I did speak with them calmly until they walked into my garage and I promptly shut it. They had no business in there either. I then asked them to leave and they said they would when I turned over my "stash" as they called it. I said I had none and if they wanted to look they would need to go find a judge and get a warrant. That seemed to really tick them off. I guess exercising my rights makes some officers mad. I preceeded to my home to close the door when the foot was inserted by the officer which I promptly pushed aside and closed my door. You of course would have let them give you an anal cavity search because you have nothing to hide right?
and while i agree with you that your fourth amendment rights were violated, because you refused to roll over and let the LEOs trample them, you claimed you were arrested, but then rolled over and did nothing after that. if it were me, i would likely have done the same thing, but had i been arrested i would have gone out and found a lawyer that would take the case on a contingency fee basis, and had them sue the city, the police department, and the cop personally. you have grounds to do so, if what you say is accurate.

as i have said, not all cops are bad, and perhaps you got a bad one, but you refuse to do anything about it.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:37 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,563,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
El Amigo, I am the OP.
OK, good, thanks for the information. It does not matter who the OP was, the points I tried to express still stand, take care.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,304,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I am not sure where you dig this conspiracy crap up, but my dad was one of the good cops and worked with many, many great cops. There is no such thing as a code. My dad worked for L.A.P.D for 23 years then went on to a small southern CA town and built up the police department, retired a Capt and never took a bribe or covered for anyone doing a bad job. What were you busted for, if I may ask?
Blue Code of Silence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-31-2011, 07:38 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,661,278 times
Quote:
The truth is there are no more good cops.
The reason for that is the Blue Code.
Well, you know what the Rolling Stones sang in Sympathy for the Devil: "When all the cops are criminals, and all the criminals saints."

Old 08-31-2011, 08:09 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,132,628 times
Quote:
We often hear people say, it is the bad cops who give all the good ones a black eye.
The truth is there are no more good cops.
The reason for that is the Blue Code.
It is a code every cop abides by, and is the very definition of corruption.
It is the reason every cop feels secure in their actions regardless of how dastardly they may be.
THe Police deserve twice their current salary. The street Police are required to do things that put their own live on the line.

I was wounded three times in Vietnam and would defend our country again and agin if my wounds were less severe.

Failing to recognize effects of crime on Police would more than likely be your only reason to come down on any officer of the law.

Stop being so harsh on the Police. Thanks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies