Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:45 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times

Advertisements

Got nothing against the cops so long as they treat me fairly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 09:34 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Congratulations, you win today’s prize for being the biggest suck up and having a "proper subservient attitude".
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
He asked if you were upset at him? lol

Keep spinning your tales of how crying gets you off. I'd like to see the page in the manual that if a driver is nice to the cop he doesn't get a ticket.
you two can continue to insult me all you want. in the end i generally dont get tickets, because i treat the cops with the respect i want from them. if the ranger had given me a ticket for speeding, i would have paid it with NO issues. as for crying, in your dreams. when bad things happen to me, i dont cry about it, i generally dont get angry about it, and i dont take it out on others, i just deal with it.

you two will never get it though, because you have such hatred for LEOs that it blinds you to the truth. i feel sorry for both of you, and hope that one day you will see the light and understand what i tell you.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:41 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,556,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you two can continue to insult me all you want. in the end i generally dont get tickets, because i treat the cops with the respect i want from them. if the ranger had given me a ticket for speeding, i would have paid it with NO issues. as for crying, in your dreams. when bad things happen to me, i dont cry about it, i generally dont get angry about it, and i dont take it out on others, i just deal with it.

you two will never get it though, because you have such hatred for LEOs that it blinds you to the truth. i feel sorry for both of you, and hope that one day you will see the light and understand what i tell you.
Keep in mind that once people do ad hominens it is over. They probably do not have an answer, maybe do not like what you said so it is time to insult. In other words they are saying "I do not like what you say so I am going to insult you". Take care.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Keep in mind that once people do ad hominens it is over. They probably do not have an answer, maybe do not like what you said so it is time to insult. In other words they are saying "I do not like what you say so I am going to insult you". Take care.
you are right, which is why i dont get angry when people start to insult me, especially on issues like this, because i know they have nothing. peace brother.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:18 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

Bad things happen to you? Maybe if you didn't break the law so much bad things wouldn't happen to you? YOu seem to be pulled over for speeding more times than anyone I've ever seen, all over the country to boot, and have some secret "yes sir" plan to get out of it. lol. I've gotten one warning in my life and treated that cop the same as I did the other two times I got a ticket. I guess that throws your little strategy out the window.

I never said I hated cops. Some are azzholes like I pointed out earlier. You think they are all saints.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:26 PM

880 posts, read 1,800,883 times
Are all cops bad...no but are their some bad cops out there? You bet and the number of bad cops seems to be increasing, I don't even half to look for bad cop stories because they pop up all the time. Fresh off todays press......

NM officer having sex on car hood won't be charged (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/09/01/national/a063546D65.DTL&tsp=1 - broken link)

San Jose officer held on molestation counts

Old 09-01-2011, 02:22 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Here is an off duty cop who pulled his weapon and pistol beat a guy during a road rage incident. Now if I did that I'd be in jail.

Off-duty deputy was aggressor, 3 men say | The Des Moines Register | DesMoinesRegister.com

Old 09-01-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Bad things happen to you? Maybe if you didn't break the law so much bad things wouldn't happen to you? YOu seem to be pulled over for speeding more times than anyone I've ever seen, all over the country to boot, and have some secret "yes sir" plan to get out of it. lol. I've gotten one warning in my life and treated that cop the same as I did the other two times I got a ticket. I guess that throws your little strategy out the window.

I never said I hated cops. Some are azzholes like I pointed out earlier. You think they are all saints.
well considering that i have been driving since 1975, and i only get pulled over about once every 5 years, i am doing rather well dont you think?

as for my strategy, all i do is treat them with the respect i want from them. they are the ones that decide whether or not to give me a ticket. and if they give me a ticket, big deal as i probably deserved it. in the end they are just doing their job.

Quote:
Here is an off duty cop who pulled his weapon and pistol beat a guy during a road rage incident. Now if I did that I'd be in jail.

Off-duty deputy was aggressor, 3 men say | The Des Moines Register | DesMoinesRegister.com
if that is true, then the cop should be fired and tossed into jail if he is convicted.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:11 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,556,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
Are all cops bad...no but are their some bad cops out there? You bet and the number of bad cops seems to be increasing, I don't even half to look for bad cop stories because they pop up all the time. Fresh off todays press......

NM officer having sex on car hood won't be charged (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/09/01/national/a063546D65.DTL&tsp=1 - broken link)

Those are specific incidents that do not support your claim. I can use the same tactic and show you examples of great cops that got recognized. Either way is not proof that either good or bad cops are increasing, weak support for your claim that bad cops numbers are increasing. How about a national statistic analyzis? Take care.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:19 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post

I find this statement hilarious from the New Mexico State Police:

He's in uniform and apparently on duty. But New Mexico State Police say the officer caught on camera having sex with a woman on the hood of a car did not commit a crime.

I know people who are in Law Enforcement and many believe they are above the law hence this statement from the article as well:

State police spokesman Tim Johnson tells KQRE-TV ( Cops: Sex officer didn't commit crime | santa fe, nm | krqe news 13 new mexico) an internal investigation has been done and the agency does not believe a crime occurred. He also says the officer will not be cited for lewd behavior.

It's funny how they protect and cover for each other! Why isn't he being charged with lewd behavior?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies