Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 11:47 AM

24,620 posts, read 19,213,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The truth is there are no more good cops.
There never were any good cops ever. If there had been good cops, then there never would have been any bad cops, because the good cops would have seen to it that the bad cops were put in prison or dismissed from their duties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 11:50 AM

954 posts, read 1,282,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
There never were any good cops ever. If there had been good cops, then there never would have been any bad cops, because the good cops would have seen to it that the bad cops were put in prison or dismissed from their duties.
Ironclad logic! That's why there are no good doctors - they would have seen to it that bad doctors had their licenses' revoked - there are no good teachers, they would have seen to it that the bad ones were fired - there are no good lawyers, they would have seen to it that the bad ones had their licenses' revoked.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:58 AM

711 posts, read 1,513,870 times
You really have only 3 types of police the crooked , the assertive and the bums. Most police are do nothings and you can easily outwit them with just a basic understanding of your rights and of the law....and a good camera phone helps. The bad truly do outweigh the good today but alot of the reason why is because of lax hiring practices. So in reality you get what you pay for. Thank you liberal America.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:59 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,916,312 times
Quote:
Your reply has no substance. If you have an argument state it. Otherwise I will asume you have no grounds to argue, and that you are like all the rest of the one line simpletons.
you choose to paint all cops with the same brush, based on what? your moral authority? i have dealt with many cops across the country, local, county, state and federal, and except for a couple they have ALL been professional and courteous. some held a hard line, others didnt, but they all did their jobs properly. as for cops condoning the illegal actions of other cops, how do you know that good cops didnt file reports against bad cops? you have an inside informant in the various police agencies around the country? or are you just speculating because of a few new articles you read some where?

and what kind of dealings have you have with LEOs? did you treat them with the SAME respect you wanted them to give you?

in the end your complaint has little if any substance, and you turn around and complain that my reply has no substance. well how about some real cases to support your argument. and i mean case numbers, and links to those cases that we can actually look up, not just some complaint you have against a few LEOs because they gave you a ticket you felt you didnt deserve.

and by the way, if you really feel that there are no good LEOs around, why not join the force and start to change things from the inside? or would you rather just complain about things and not do anything?

Old 08-22-2011, 12:07 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,881,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
this post is pure rubbish, and pure hatred against cops.
hmmmm, instead of ad-hominem attacks and blanket statements with no intellectual merit, why don't you address the argument and state what you think is not correct.

Oh, yeah, you're a knee-jerk fascist
I forgot who I was talking to for a moment.

However I disagree with the premise that there are no good cops. I think there are good ones out there who are oppressed by the Code you identify. The problem is eventually the good ones will either conform, become bitter or quit.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:24 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,302,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you choose to paint all cops with the same brush, based on what? your moral authority? i have dealt with many cops across the country, local, county, state and federal, and except for a couple they have ALL been professional and courteous. some held a hard line, others didnt, but they all did their jobs properly. as for cops condoning the illegal actions of other cops, how do you know that good cops didnt file reports against bad cops? you have an inside informant in the various police agencies around the country? or are you just speculating because of a few new articles you read some where?

and what kind of dealings have you have with LEOs? did you treat them with the SAME respect you wanted them to give you?

in the end your complaint has little if any substance, and you turn around and complain that my reply has no substance. well how about some real cases to support your argument. and i mean case numbers, and links to those cases that we can actually look up, not just some complaint you have against a few LEOs because they gave you a ticket you felt you didnt deserve.

and by the way, if you really feel that there are no good LEOs around, why not join the force and start to change things from the inside? or would you rather just complain about things and not do anything?
So are you denying the Blue Code exists?
I have known many cops, and even have friends and relatives in law enforcement.
This argument is not about individual people in law enforcement, it is about a culture that has developed within the law enforcement community.
With very few exceptions, any cop who does not cover for his brother officer is toast. He may even find no one responds if he calls for back up. The fear of retribution is so high in most departments; no one even questions the code.
This is not about speeding tickets, it is about corruption that exists in plain sight and no one has the courage to even acknowledge it, much less stand up to it.
If we want to change something how about mandatory doubling the penalty for perjury for law enforcement officials. Would you support that?
Seeing as the results of perjury for law enforcement are usually imprisonment for innocent people or the cover up of capitol crimes, on top of the violation of their oath and acting in the public disinterest, does it not stand to reason the penalty for such crimes should be higher than for regular people?

Old 08-22-2011, 12:29 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,302,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
hmmmm, instead of ad-hominem attacks and blanket statements with no intellectual merit, why don't you address the argument and state what you think is not correct.

Oh, yeah, you're a knee-jerk fascist
I forgot who I was talking to for a moment.

However I disagree with the premise that there are no good cops. I think there are good ones out there who are oppressed by the Code you identify. The problem is eventually the good ones will either conform, become bitter or quit.
If you witness a crime, and do nothing to prevent it, or do not report it, are you not an accessory after the fact?
I do completly agree with your last sentence, I think you either have to go along with the system or quit.
That is what I would like to see changed.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:42 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,046,296 times
Quote:
We often hear people say, it is the bad cops who give all the good ones a black eye.
The truth is there are no more good cops.
The reason for that is the Blue Code.
It is a code every cop abides by, and is the very definition of corruption.
It is the reason every cop feels secure in their actions regardless of how dastardly they may be.
They know their fellow officers will lie, commit perjury, falsify evidence, and do what ever it takes to cover up the wrong doings of their brother officers.
So long as this code exists, all officers are accomplices of the crimes their fellow officers commit.
It is little wonder cops are so afraid of the evidence a camera or a video camera represents. It is the one tool the public has to expose the lies and corruption that exist on such a grand scale in today’s police forces.
Until the Blue Code is eliminated, and cops are aggressively prosecuted for participating in the practice, no citizen is safe from the abuses of power we see daily in our cities.
The penalty for covering up the crimes of bad cops should be the same as the crime itself.
Until that day comes, there are no good cops.
I used to think different but now after what I've seen the last few years I tend to agree. Protect their own is the mantra. We had a cop in our town caught stealing meth and drove his car off a road into a tree. was he charged with anything? Of course not just suspended and counseling. Who pays for the car? Not him. The "good cops" now prowl the 20mph speed zones preying on citizens to raise revenue so they can buy their toys. It's pathetic. Cops are supposed to protect the citizens not prey on them.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:52 PM

31,293 posts, read 20,786,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Ironclad logic! That's why there are no good doctors - they would have seen to it that bad doctors had their licenses' revoked - there are no good teachers, they would have seen to it that the bad ones were fired - there are no good lawyers, they would have seen to it that the bad ones had their licenses' revoked.

Hmmm.... I don't think that logic applies to all professions. Doctors have no obligation to investigate and report bad doctors... etc, etc.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:55 PM

31,293 posts, read 20,786,766 times
[

To NorthGAbound: Nice t-shirt, and if the choice is calling a bad cop who might bust down my door or shoot my dog vs. calling a crackhead, I'll take my chances with the crackhead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies