Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 07:00 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,177,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
If he is gay who will be his romantic partner?

Will the story be a big sell like the original?
Interesting.

I dunno, but Batman better start paying more attention to Robin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 07:02 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,904,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Oh poor politically inccorrect people who aren't enlightened enough to let anyone do anything without sticking up for principals. Is there anything not sacred enough to be debased with a homosexual tone? Some things left ungay isn't homophobia, it's just not radiacalized.

I love sugar, but I don't want it on my steak. I grew up with these super heroes and rather than defiling them, Marvel should create new powerful gay super heroes with their own identities. It has nothing to do with PC, if it did then I'd have to say it's being totally incorrect to do this. Political correctness works in both directions, unless of course you're straight.

This place is full of heterophobes!!

I agree. Thank you!

If they made a gay super hero, it would be quite offensive. They would take it to some kind of sexual innuendo or stereotype (Captain Bottom, Super Top, Fabulous Man, Mega Lisp, etc).

It would be impossible for them to make a super hero. Give him a fantastic origin: Why is his character the way he is? (No, NOT gay. But his attitude, opinions, etc). Where did he get this power? What does he plan on using with it? ETC ETC ETC.

Then, the only gay aspect is putting him in a relationship the same way Clark and Lois and Peter and Mary Jane are. A great romance and relationship.

But no.
One will be super butch, the other will be super fem. There will be pink drinks on someone's hand eventually.

I just give up, lol

Old 08-03-2011, 07:14 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,532,303 times
it's only one alternate universe. Every other Spider-Man series is still Peter Parker.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:03 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,064,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post

If they made a gay super hero, it would be quite offensive.
Batwoman.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:19 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,312,722 times
When was the last time any of you morons even BOUGHT a comic book? This is just whining for the sake of whining.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:21 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,204,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Batwoman.
And Harley Quinn... but that's not entirely canon.

Either way, I don't see what the outrage is about. In the universe that this happens, Peter Parker is dead and somebody else takes up the persona. As long the storyline is decent, I don't see a problem. Then again, the Ultimate universe has bored me quite a bit. The regular storyline has been pretty awesome, though.

Anyone who is basing their opinions on the movies has a lot of reading to do in order to understand what is going on.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:48 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,362,110 times
What the heck is this?

Why do they need to revamp Spiderman to reflect changing racial demographics. They need to create a new superhero to represent new Americans. Not completely destroy old ones.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:51 PM

8,032 posts, read 9,240,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
When was the last time any of you morons even BOUGHT a comic book? This is just whining for the sake of whining.
I would think the term moron might be extended to an adult who was still reading comic books.

Weren't you supposed to be done with comic books by middle school?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:49 PM

37,193 posts, read 42,384,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down View Post
The new Spiderman is NOT the same person. The "white" Spiderman dies and someone else (who happens to be "not white") takes over the persona.

You argument is baseless.
This. Entirely different guy who was inspired by the Peter Parker Spiderman and wants to do some good in the world...and just happens to be bit by a radioactive spider or something.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:57 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,487,906 times
Do you guys know how many Flashes there have been. YOu guys are ridiculous. This isnt even in the regular universe. Peter Parker Died. He was replaced. Do you know how many Green Lanterns there are? Blue Beetles? etc? time moves on and so do comics. Get your pantie out of a bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies