Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 12:30 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times

Advertisements

USATODAY.com - Is God dead in Europe?

This is a good and shocking article in USA Today about the decline of religion in Europe and its implications for society as a whole. It also mentions fears that this is also part of the liberals' vision for America. I'm especially shocked about Italy which now has a population growth below replacement level despite the stereotypical large Italian family, same with Spain. In America, our birthrate is really only sustained by illegal immigrants and Section 8 or welfare type people who are having more kids to collect more benefits.

I never understood the cause of the decline of religion in Europe. They mention Poland and the Czech Republic and that makes SOME sense since they were part of the communist bloc in the Cold War where religion was banned, same with the eastern part of Germany. HOwever the decline in Western European coutnries really is inexplicable aside from radical liberal policies and education. Even though Islam seems to be thriving in Britain and France.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 12:39 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
From reading this forum, I thought Europe was going to poop because of the influx of religion and extreme conservatism (i.e. the "Muslim Invasion")

Old 07-31-2011, 12:56 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
From the article

Among the consequences of Europe's abandonment of its religious roots and the moral code that derives therefrom is a plunge in its birth rates to below the replacement level. Abortion, birth control, acceptance of gay marriage and casual sex are driving the trend. Europe is "committing demographic suicide, systematically depopulating itself," according to Weigel.

This is what happens when you let liberals take control. They destroy the moral and religious principles of a society, and they ultimately destroy themselves as a result. We cannot let them win or take over anymore or else we will become the new Europe. Hell, we're halfway there. This article is more confirmation to me that I serve the right political party.

Last edited by allenk893; 07-31-2011 at 02:15 PM..

Old 07-31-2011, 01:01 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
I don't need God for anything. The creator gave me life in some way, form, or fashion. Beyond that, its up to you.

The sooner people accept that, the better. What made America great was self-sufficiency, even from God.

God respects those that help themselves, and others. Jesus didn't just say God will provide, he told his followers to help one another without Gods intervention. Thats what the meaning "God will provide" means, through man.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
From the article

Among the consequences of Europe's abandonment of its religious roots and the moral code that derives therefrom is a plunge in its birth rates to below the replacement level. Abortion, birth control, acceptance of gay marriage and casual sex are driving the trend. Europe is "committing demographic suicide, systematically depopulating itself," according to Weigel.

This is what happens when you let liberals take control. They destroy the moral and religious principles of a society, and they ultimately destroy themselves as a result. We cannot let them win or take over anymore or else we will become the new Europe. Hell, we're halfway there. This article is even confirmation to me that I serve the right political party.
So you're saying that China is more God like then anyone, because they have a higher population?

Hum, interesting from a communist country.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
From reading this forum, I thought Europe was going to poop because of the influx of religion and extreme conservatism (i.e. the "Muslim Invasion")
I've never understood how Europe has shunned Christianity, but has embraced atheism and islam. Not only is it extremely hypocritical, but it's typical behavior of countries who are overrun and poisoned with left-wing ideologies and corrupt values.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:05 PM

565 posts, read 485,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post

I never understood the cause of the decline of religion in Europe. .

For many Europeans, God died in Auswitch.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:07 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post

This is a good and shocking article in USA Today about the decline of religion in Europe and its implications for society as a whole. It also mentions fears that this is also part of the liberals' vision for America. I'm especially shocked about Italy which now has a population growth below replacement level despite the stereotypical large Italian family, same with Spain. In America, our birthrate is really only sustained by illegal immigrants and Section 8 or welfare type people who are having more kids to collect more benefits.

I never understood the cause of the decline of religion in Europe. They mention Poland and the Czech Republic and that makes SOME sense since they were part of the communist bloc in the Cold War where religion was banned, same with the eastern part of Germany. HOwever the decline in Western European coutnries really is inexplicable aside from radical liberal policies and education. Even though Islam seems to be thriving in Britain and France.
To counter your argument China has had the fastest growing economiy in the world over the last 30 years and religion doesn't play a vital role in that society.

So really what's your point?

Old 07-31-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So you're saying that China is more God like then anyone, because they have a higher population?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
To counter your argument China has had the fastest growing economiy in the world over the last 30 years and religion doesn't play a vital role in that society.

Great minds (and lunatics) think alike.

Which are we?

Old 07-31-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post

There's a difference between China and the countries of Europe. China historically has been an Atheist country. But for the past 10 years of so, they have let Christian missionaries back into the country and now boasts an 80+ million Christian population and still growing. China is becoming more religious as time goes on while Europe has been anti-religious. And now China is one step away from becoming the world power. The U.S. is following in the Europe's steps and becoming anti-religious and liberal as time goes on and we're an economical mess just like they are. We were propelled to world power status in the 1950s when most of this country was extremely religious. Now look at us. It all correlates. And if you don't believe me, ask the Chinese yourself.

Christianity the reason for West's success, say the Chinese
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies