Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 05:15 PM

8,181 posts, read 9,258,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
That is a bit different than the implication of your initial statement.

The police have always existed to serve the government - their job is to enforce the law, nothing more.
Police used to be Peace Officers, to protect and serve, now they are Law ENFORCEMENT officers. It sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 06:02 PM

24,510 posts, read 23,233,780 times
The police deal with human vermin day after day and are on a constant state of alert. You get paranoid and eventually the stress will burn you out. Some can take it for years, others will be unfit for the job after a short time. It depends on where they work and how much crime they have to deal with. They eventually can't differentiate between an obnoxious oaf with a big mouth or a rude uncooperative woman and an actual criminal, and can no longer respond appropriately. At that point they need to just hang up their guns and take off the badge and get another job.
People are also starting to act like A holes and need to learn to not provoke police into making mistakes or making it worse for themselves. You can argue your case in court later or get a lawyer and make the cops life miserable if they did cross the line.
But the taxpayers in a community shouldn't have to pick up the tab for police misconduct. Go after their pensions and salaries if they screw up.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:58 PM

954 posts, read 1,285,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Police used to be Peace Officers, to protect and serve, now they are Law ENFORCEMENT officers. It sucks.
I would disagree with that opinion. Peace Officer or Law Enforcement Officer, the difference is semantic. But then, the past is always viewed through rose colored glasses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11
But they exceed enforcement of the law into illegality.
You speak of "them" as though they are a singular entity, rather than a collection of individuals.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:11 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,756,446 times
Surprising? Seriously? What do you believe is the profile of a person who wants to be a police officer? Happens all the time. Not surprising at all. There are innumerable videos all over the net showing just what the gestapo does on a daily basis to Americans. The only difference between the police and any other gang is that police have goDvernment permission and sanction to abuse the citizenry. They are the hammer of goDvernment and nothing more.

As to filming the monsters. I have been through that. Filming regular police, federal "security", "homeland security", to protect myself from their abuses. Luckily, I have not gotten thrown into political prison as of yet. Those that I have had problems with were eventually stopped by their "superiors" from breaching my ability to record them in public. (Where there is no reasonable expectation of privacy.) Even on Federal Property, where many of these Federal Thugs try to say that it is "illegal" when they start harrassing me, they have been forced to back down by the ACTUAL law. As to specifically filming on Federal Property such as courts, the only illegal form of filming is if it can be shown that the filming is being done specifically for the purpose of gathering information to commit a crime. Such as filming specifically to get detailed recordings of a structure for the purpose of say blowing it up. Anyway...screw the gestapo and the thugs who act under the "color" of law instead of actual law.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:01 PM

16,427 posts, read 22,282,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's how it used to be. But not anymore in Indiana.

Here is the case;

Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home
This absolutely must be appealed to the US Supreme Court!

Old 08-01-2011, 10:18 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,781,037 times
dang gestapo at it again good thing the camera kept working!!

Old 08-01-2011, 10:25 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,486,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Caught on tape: Vegas cop beats videographer - CBS News

(CBS News) A Las Vegas police officer is in hot water after being caught on tape beating a videographer outside of his home in March.
A police department review found that Officer Derek Colling violated police policies when he used "excessive force" on Mitchell Crooks, reports the Las Vegas Review Journal.
According to the newspaper, the incident occurred on the night of March 20, when the 36-year-old Crooks was in his driveway videotaping police as they investigated a burglary report across the street. Crooks said that when he refused to stop filming, Colling arrested and beat him, with much of the altercation recorded by the camera.

In the video, Crooks can be heard yelling in pain while Colling can be heard telling him to "shut up" and telling him his decision not to turn off the camera put him in "a world of hurt."

Colling has been on paid suspension since April 1 and could be fired pending the outcome of a review by the officer's supervisors, the newspaper reported.
Earlier this week, the Internal Affairs Bureau notified Crooks that Colling was found to have violated Las Vegas police policy - a development which pleased Crooks.
"It seems like they're saying he was guilty, which is what I've been saying," Crooks told the newspaper. "I really hope he gets fired."
In the meantime, Crooks' lawyer, David Otto, said he intends to sue Colling and the police department, the newspaper reported.

===================================

wow, paid suspension since april 1, i'm glad these gov't employees, with their gov't healthcare and gov't pensions have a UNION to represent them when they act badly, must be nice to get paid for 4 straight months b/c you beat somebody.

Unions are just for the millionaire athletes (collective bargaining as well!) and police/fire/sheriff depts.

I thought republicons were against the largess of gov't workers and union status

oh yeah, police and fire largely support Republicon candidates so it's different.

Good Cops have nothing to fear from a camera. Filming cops is a perfectly legitimate action. If they don't like it they can find a new line of work.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:36 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,019,414 times
Another corrupt cop on paid leave while the powers that be "investigate". I say his salary should go straight to the videographer. Something is seriously wrong with our law enforcers, their training, and the justice system.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 PM

954 posts, read 1,285,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
This absolutely must be appealed to the US Supreme Court!
So, what's your idea of resist? I'm just curious to see how far the alex jones nuttery goes on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Surprising? Seriously? What do you believe is the profile of a person who wants to be a police officer? Happens all the time. Not surprising at all. There are innumerable videos all over the net showing just what the gestapo does on a daily basis to Americans. The only difference between the police and any other gang is that police have goDvernment permission and sanction to abuse the citizenry. They are the hammer of goDvernment and nothing more.

As to filming the monsters. I have been through that. Filming regular police, federal "security", "homeland security", to protect myself from their abuses. Luckily, I have not gotten thrown into political prison as of yet. Those that I have had problems with were eventually stopped by their "superiors" from breaching my ability to record them in public. (Where there is no reasonable expectation of privacy.) Even on Federal Property, where many of these Federal Thugs try to say that it is "illegal" when they start harrassing me, they have been forced to back down by the ACTUAL law. As to specifically filming on Federal Property such as courts, the only illegal form of filming is if it can be shown that the filming is being done specifically for the purpose of gathering information to commit a crime. Such as filming specifically to get detailed recordings of a structure for the purpose of say blowing it up. Anyway...screw the gestapo and the thugs who act under the "color" of law instead of actual law.
...Oh, pretty far, apparently.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:28 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,856,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Just shocking, there's a new story every week, and in a nation of 350 million... it's a full on epidemic!
Like this one?

Don't scroll down too far (This Post) unless you have a tough stomach for police brutality!

Publicity from fatal fight affects officers' morale | officers, - News - The Orange County Register

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies