Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 11:45 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,469,550 times

Advertisements

During the primaries for the Obama vs McCain election, Republicans put a plant into the mix called "Joe the Plumber." This guy was very visible: white, tall, bald, big. He as a "plumber" making over $250000 per year, just the amount that then-candidate Obama was declaring that taxes would be levied on. He confronted Obama on the campaign trail, a well-publicized meeting that was all too contrived by the GOP. This plant was supposed to pose the tough questions, represent a problem for Obama. It was a tacky, transparent, worthless ploy that failed.

Now here we are the weekend before the first default in history. Republicans are worried about the elections next year. They need serious help. They can't win the election on their record because it is ATROCIOUS. They are concerned that the man who killed bin Laden will kill them too if they don't do something drastic. There is no upside to their policies and ideas except for the very rich. The majority of Americans can go to hell under their ideology. In order to have a chance at winning, they must do something to give the impression that the other side is a failure, EVEN IF THAT FAILURE IS AGAIN THE RESULT OF THEIR PARTICIPATION AND EFFORTS.

The racist tea party contingent was mistakenly put in the House, and they have proven themselves absolutely worthless. "Ideological purity does not solve problems." Some in the GOP understand this, but the plan is to default, or try to force a budget plan that again benefits only the richest Americans and negatively impacts the economy in the same manner as done under Republicans Dubya, Bush Sr, and Reagan. "Trickle down" economics has never worked. Having done this, they plan to blame the resulting problems on President Obama rather than their lack of flexibility and atrocious policies. Their campaign strategy depends on this. Again, a tacky, transparent, worthless ploy that will fail. They must think the American public is stupid.

"Buyer's remorse" is the buzz phrase for the 2012 election as severe mistakes were made allowing Republican candidates to gain seats in the House, Senate, and offices throughout the country. This short-circuted the thrust of President Obama's efforts, efforts that promised the benefit the country tremendously, not just for the very rich. It's obvious now that if this country is to move forward, getting rid of Republicans and their tea party contingent is critical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 11:48 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,881,364 times
I don't think, I know the American people are stupid. The American people have elected people like Obama, GWB and Clinton to lead this country into the ground. The American people care more about American Idol than the presidential elections. The American people in general are very stupid, just look at this thread for a perfect example.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:50 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,610,460 times
You can't possibly believe what you say unless you inhale nothing but msnbc and huff post.............you are the plant! Where's the roundup!

Old 07-30-2011, 11:52 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,610,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I don't think, I know the American people are stupid. The American people have elected people like Obama, GWB and Clinton to lead this country into the ground. The American people care more about American Idol than the presidential elections. The American people in general are very stupid, just look at this thread for a perfect example.
exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You can't possibly believe what you say unless you inhale nothing but msnbc and huff post.............you are the plant! Where's the roundup!
Not necessarily, have you met the average Obama sack rider?

‪Obama Voters‬‏ - YouTube

12,997 posts, read 13,704,427 times
Quote:
So you figure McCain, John Kerry, Al Gore, Bob Dole and George HW Bush were sooo much better than what we got? If only these sage men would have taken the helm. Except in the case of W, I think the best man won pretty much in every election. (I would have liked to have seen Hillary win the 2008 Democratic primary... I think she has more of what it takes to thwart Bag buffoonery, but oh well... Obama is better than McCain.)

Old 07-30-2011, 11:53 AM

33,386 posts, read 35,014,743 times
stop wearing the tin foil hats. democrats think the american people are stupid. obama campaigned in fiscal responsibility, and that NO ONES taxes would go up if they made less than $250k. well that tax promise was broken very early on when obama raised cigarette taxes after getting into office. as for the fiscal responsibility, well that went out the window straight away also when he started his profligate spending that made bush look like a penny pincher.

hope and change obama cried, now the american people are hoping they have enough change to get through the 2012 elections when this train wreck of a president can be replaced by someone who knows how to manage things, and will take the job seriously.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
So you figure McCain, John Kerry, Al Gore, Bob Dole and George HW Bush were sooo much better than what we got? If only these sage men would have taken the helm. Except in the case of W, I think the best man won pretty much in every election. (I would have liked to have seen Hillary win the 2008 Democratic primary... I think she has more of what it takes to thwart Bag buffoonery, but oh well... Obama is better than McCain.)
I didn't say that and that's certainly not what I meant, overall we do a very poor job of controlling the choices we get when it comes to voting. I've never in my mid 30s life voted for someone who I didn't consider the least bad candidate.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:56 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,704,427 times
Quote:
I didn't say that and that's certainly not what I meant, overall we do a very poor job of controlling the choices we get when it comes to voting. I've never in my mid 30s life voted for someone who I didn't consider the least bad candidate.
We don't really get much of a choice. The system is set up that way. That's not a reflection on the intelligence of the American people. I think given the choices we do get, we usually pick the right guy.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:59 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,082,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
HA!

Unfortunaltely Progressives are like Monsanto Round-up ready GMO's that never go away and deform or destroy everything they touch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies