Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 06:41 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,417 times

Advertisements

Barack Obama’s threat to bypass Congress and raise the debt ceiling has stirred significant talk of impeachment — and not just on talk radio. A Republican Congressman has confirmed some of his colleagues are talking about initiating impeachment hearings.

A Very interesting article with a couple of videos that you should watch. It covers several reasons for this possibility including the debt ceiling, DOMA, Libya, refusing to enforce border laws and I can now add the Gunrunner - Fast and Furious lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 06:44 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Barack Obama’s threat to bypass Congress and raise the debt ceiling has stirred significant talk of impeachment — and not just on talk radio. A Republican Congressman has confirmed some of his colleagues are talking about initiating impeachment hearings.

A Very interesting article with a couple of videos that you should watch. It covers several reasons for this possibility including the debt ceiling, DOMA, Libya, refusing to enforce border laws and I can now add the Gunrunner - Fast and Furious lies.
The orator seems to think the 14th amendment has his butt. Funny how the guy who wipes his arse with it every day may now need to pull it out and use it. I think if Grassley and Issa keep the pressure on this gun running crap is gonna take him down. More money for ethanol should shut Grassley's fat mouth up though.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:44 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,060,763 times
They have been talking impeachment for 3 years. It will go the same way as the last god knows how many complaints.

When it happens, I'll eat my shoe. So far I've been three years without tasting leather.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:51 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,193,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
They have been talking impeachment for 3 years. It will go the same way as the last god knows how many complaints.

When it happens, I'll eat my shoe. So far I've been three years without tasting leather.
I agree but Obama keeps overstepping his authority and it is starting to snowball to a point where I would not be surprised if this were more than just talk.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:55 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Maybe they're finally tired of Obama giving em the finger? These folks are all on power trips in DC. They didn't get to sit in their little meetings and pander to the camera's to voter for Libya and are pissed not to mention its a violation of the Constitution. Executive branch has way overstepped its bounds and in some areas like DOMA and illegal immigration not even enforing laws already on the books. Time the great orator gets put in his place.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:57 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,060,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I agree but Obama keeps overstepping his authority and it is starting to snowball to a point where I would not be surprised if this were more than just talk.
Yeah, and I bet you said that the last 50 times.

People will never shut the hell up in saying "This time it will happen"...when the last god knows how many times it didn't happen.

I guess for some people delusions don't go away, and they wonder why the rest of the word laughs at them.

I love it, this is like free entertainment.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:58 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
I wish the GOP would grow a pair and impeach Obama on the unconstitutional war and the gun running scandal to deliberately sabotage the 2nd Amendment. Those 2 things alone would seal Obama's fate as a one-term president. Of course, since they're not gonna do that, makes me wonder how many GOP are vulnerable to both incidents?

Old 07-09-2011, 06:59 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,028,427 times
Obama is directly responsible for the deaths of American Citizens and LEO's through Project Gun Runner. He should be impeached then put on trial as an accessory to MURDER.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:59 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times
Looks like the right are throwing a tantrum after Obama and the dems slammed them into the corner with the colossal spending cuts that were brought to the table.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:00 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,520,043 times
And what, replace Obama with Biden. No thanks!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies